Friend issued legal takedown 4 posting full article in forum

nuttyprofessor

So just a heads up, in case you feel inclined to share everything, better don't.

Btw she had to make a public apology never to undertake similar action in the future.

Better be safe than sorry fellas.

PS: I am not at a liberty to reveal which company did that, or which forum it took place in either.

Edited by nuttyprofessor
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Dislike 1

Thanks for the info..

This will be interesting, since this forum bans editing of posts after 15 mins..

I wonder how this will affect us.

i you post something defamatory, cooy right, or materials that you dont own and non factual, normal to be told to remove mah.

if you are giving genera personal l comments or opinion, i dont think you are liable for such action. any lawyers? hahaha

i you post something defamatory, cooy right, or materials that you dont own and non factual, normal to be told to remove mah.

if you are giving genera personal l comments or opinion, i dont think you are liable for such action. any lawyers? hahaha

• Praise 3

Guess its considered theft of original work if you simply reproduce things in full? Beats me.

That's  why have to post the source link if want to copy text in full to give credit back the the author mah.

Turbocharged

I call SGB 3333 an idiot .

I accuse DrawNipple of being a fake .

Now, do I need to take down my post ? 

• Praise 4

Supercharged

That's why have to post the source link if want to copy text in full to give credit back the the author mah.

the above is still copyright infringement unless u have obtained permission to reproduce "text in full" from the author.

it's like displaying stolen goods with a label saying who u stole it from.

the above is still copyright infringement unless u have obtained permission to reproduce "text in full" from the author.

Then usually we share those new articles from ST etc....how huh

• Praise 3

i think news articles which are publicly available online are still ok, as long as the source link is provided. that would be sort of like giving "credit" back to the source. 

the problem lies with proprietary info or non-disclosure info which is deemed to be company's intellectual property. usually companies have non-disclosure policies which every employee has to undertake. 

Then usually we share those new articles from ST etc....how huh

I suspect that TS is referring to such articles from ST, or other news sources where the content is only available to paid subscribers..

Of course, ST allows 15 such articles a month free, but that means that we can post a link or part of the article or something like that.

Or someone scans a pic of a magazine article, say from Torque and posts it here.. 

Edited by therock
  • Praise 1

I suspect that TS is referring to such articles from ST, or other news sources where the content is only available to paid subscribers..

Of course, ST allows 15 such articles a month free, but that means that we can post a link or part of the article or something like that.

Or something scans a pic of a magazine article, say from Torque and posts it here..

Scary...think wont post le...dont wanna trouble when in the first place, its just a harmless act of sharing [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Or something scans a pic of a magazine article, say from Torque and posts it here..

dun think there is such law to prevent people from sharing a newspaper news in forum, without copy and paste online, can always take pictures and post.

So just a heads up, in case you feel inclined to share everything, better don't.

Btw she had to make a public apology never to undertake similar action in the future.

Better be safe than sorry fellas.

PS: I am not at a liberty to reveal which company did that, or which forum it took place in either.

Prof, u need to share some context.

The way u put it, "got say like never say"

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2