• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic | 70 praises

Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:24 PM

currypuff
  • Premium member
    currypuff
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just saw a doc... Part of the medication he prescribed was leftose = $7.49 for 10tabs. Before that i went guardian and bought it at $6plus for 30 tabs. Walau eh... 300% mark up sia... And thats excluding consulation fees... If i know I would had told him no need that medicine.

Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:42 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

LoL...this kinda thread also can post. I think our life haven't reach this stage of boring yet. Thanks but no thanks. Keep this to yourself. [laugh]

Same thing when you eat out. You might as well go home and do the cooking yourself and save all that you can save. The whining is never ending.

Edited by Watwheels, 05 November 2017 - 10:48 PM.

I want to be a nice person but....there are just too many people around who are not smart.

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:25 PM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Less den $10 also wallet hurts? Wah lau.

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

Windwaver
  • Windwaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Just saw a doc... Part of the medication he prescribed was leftose = $7.49 for 10tabs. Before that i went guardian and bought it at $6plus for 30 tabs. Walau eh... 300% mark up sia... And thats excluding consulation fees... If i know I would had told him no need that medicine.

Claim from office?

Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. No profanity, obscenities of any kind and personal attacks on other users.

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:16 PM

golden_eagle
  • golden_eagle
    Clutched
    Author Image

Learn to reduce living cost. :) 

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:42 AM

racergem
  • racergem
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

That sucks man. Better start eating organic produce. That can help a lot with minimizing doctor's visit.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

WoShiXiaoLe
  • WoShiXiaoLe
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

how much? wallet hurts?

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:08 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Doctors should only prescribe

and pharmacies should dispense.

No conflict of interest for doctors

to sells you drugs you don't need

or same meds at a higher price.

Will also stop medical reps camping

at clinics pushing drugs we don't need.

:D

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:13 PM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

No conflict of interest but things may not be cheaper.

A doctor may choose to earn less for consultation because he knows he will earn from sale of medicine.

In your scenario, a doctor may charge more for consultation cos he needs to earn a specific amount and then the pharmacist will also charge more for the required profit.

But yeah there will be no conflict of interest and the doctor will have no incentive to push expensive meds to you.

But might not be cheaper.

UncleAtas, some people lose 10 cents also wallet pain.

Edited by Philipkee, 15 January 2018 - 07:14 PM.

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No conflict of interest but things may not be cheaper.

A doctor may choose to earn less for consultation because he knows he will earn from sale of medicine.

In your scenario, a doctor may charge more for consultation cos he needs to earn a specific amount and then the pharmacist will also charge more for the required profit.

But yeah there will be no conflict of interest and the doctor will have no incentive to push expensive meds to you.

But might not be cheaper.

UncleAtas, some people lose 10 cents also wallet pain.

I will be happy to pay more for consultation if the doctor is

not pushiing me meds I don't need especially antibiotics.

But that's just me.

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:38 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This is the US model lor. Not cheap.

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:24 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I will be happy to pay more for consultation if the doctor is

not pushiing me meds I don't need especially antibiotics.

But that's just me.

once i had some rashes ... went to see the GP at my place ... Dr prescribed some antibiotics .... $180 !!

i told him to just issue me the prescription and i will find the meds myself.

my sis who works at hospital got it for me at staff price for about $20+ !!

Edited by Ysc3, 15 January 2018 - 09:25 PM.

Jamesc and Nolicense praised this

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This is the US model lor. Not cheap.

UK  models also like that. Consultation free...

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:26 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

liddat UK is better than MY liow ... coz MY polyclinic is $1 for consultation ... but their meds are also cheap lah ...

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:34 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

liddat UK is better than MY liow ... coz MY polyclinic is $1 for consultation ... but their meds are also cheap lah ...

UK spend alot of their national health care. 

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:33 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Why you didn't go to the doctor that is covered by the company expenses?

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:49 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Why you didn't go to the doctor that is covered by the company expenses?

my company champion !!

no matter what dr you see, max can claim is $35 !!

my last visit to the polyclinic ... after collecting my diabetes and HBP meds .... $128 ... same, claim $35 only.

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:52 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Which is different from the US model, and fully funded by taxes but running out of $$. US is not, big insurance companies rule the healthcare market. 

You did the right thing. If you need it you need it, just buy from outside if you have to. I know most people will just take it as it comes, and trust the doctor completely. GPs also need to pay for expensive rent.

once i had some rashes ... went to see the GP at my place ... Dr prescribed some antibiotics .... $180 !!

i told him to just issue me the prescription and i will find the meds myself.

my sis who works at hospital got it for me at staff price for about $20+ !!

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:58 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

my company champion !!

no matter what dr you see, max can claim is $35 !!

my last visit to the polyclinic ... after collecting my diabetes and HBP meds .... $128 ... same, claim $35 only.

some company even lower, and a capped amount for whole year.

骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

Karoon
  • Premium member
    Karoon
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Many years back i was in hdb and went to pte clinic all the time. More convenient but wallet pain.

Then i moved and discovered a nearby polyclinic. With online appointment its very convenient and efficient, and much cheaper. As i'm usually just there for the meds it didnt really bother me to be seen by fresh grads, pinoys etc. Wallet painkiller.

Edited by Karoon, 16 January 2018 - 12:05 PM.

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: body, pain, wallet, hurts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users