Penang hit by worst flood in decades

Terrylmt

Bought ticket and hotel to go Penang in dec first week

Like that how ah?

First week of dec still long. Unless you are going next week maybe need to monitor the situation before going. Anyway, i guess there are still many people from sg going to penang now.

↡ Advertisement

Like that how ah?

Go hospital there and help.  Sure feel better than vacationing.  Next time I blanjah you the famous funny beef torpedo!

this year water a lot, everywhere typhoon and flooding.

Lucky now BKK no more flooding. I remember there was one year when BKK was flooded quite jialat during year end.

improved a lot liao lah. I used to put shoes in my bag and walk with slippers and raincoat to go primary school. haha was a lot of fun then.

Yup. We also tot it fun that time when a few of us walked through flood water for about 600-800 m to take bus. But thinking back, it was a really bad decision, as we could easily have fallen into the drains and be swept away by water and drowned... oh, i was a non-swimmer too - shows how ignorant we were at that time... Thank god nothing bad happened.

Yup. We also tot it fun that time when a few of us walked through flood water for about 600-800 m to take bus. But thinking back, it was a really bad decision, as we could easily have fallen into the drains and be swept away by water and drowned... oh, i was a non-swimmer too - shows how ignorant we were at that time... Thank god nothing bad happened.

Last time maybe kids are more ignorant on dangers?! Lol. Whenever there was flood last time, kids love it so much and never think of any danger ahead.

• Praise 1

You can expect see muddy roads, muddy shop houses, muddy bus stops, .... etc . :wacko:

Its takes at least 1 month for them to get back to normal but with raining season, I doubt 1 month is possible. [shakehead]

So can forget about Penang Laksa, Penang Bak Kut Teh and Penang Char Kuay Teow in Penang ... :secret-laugh:

Yeah I suspect also

Scared wait water supply contaminated

Suggest you change plans come BKk instead :D

One night in .......

:XD:

First week of dec still long. Unless you are going next week maybe need to monitor the situation before going. Anyway, i guess there are still many people from sg going to penang now.

Yeah man

Probably monitor see how

this year water a lot, everywhere typhoon and flooding.

i think we consider lucky to be born now.

with all the global warming, 

temperature increase every year.

record co2  every year.

i cannot imagine earth 100 years from now

• Praise 2

Like that how ah?

drive your lorry there no scared flood

:D

• Praise 1

saw more pictures in news clips, really quite serious.

@Mustank may want to check with the hotel how the situation and facilities there. I think many areas were affected and probably takes a few months to clear. I mean clean up.

Edited by Jman888

@Mustank may want to check with the hotel how the situation and facilities there. I think many areas were affected and probably takes a few months to clear. I mean clean up.

If the flood affected those areas where most tourist will go, think best is to cancel the trip to penang if you are planning to go there within this month. Even flood has subside, the area and water supply might get affected. Maybe not safe for water and food supply. 

• Praise 2

Yeah man

I think holiday buang Liao

Worst is flood water infected the water supply pipes

drive your lorry there no scared flood

:D

This one I think need the duck tour boat Liao :XD:
  • Praise 1

I think i might have said before that we might be entering La Nina phase of Pacific Ocean cycle in 2nd half of the year.

This is 1 of the evidence.

Be prepared for more rain.

• Praise 2

Yeah man

I think holiday buang Liao

Worst is flood water infected the water supply pipes

This one I think need the duck tour boat Liao :XD:

Fit in Monster truck wheels.

Lucky now BKK no more flooding. I remember there was one year when BKK was flooded quite jialat during year end.

I think BKK was flooded in Oct recently. Just not that bad only.

Yes, I remember that. It was in October 2010.

SOURCE: http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2017/11/06/5-health-facilities-in-penang-affected-by-floods/

Latest news released 2 hours ago report that the healthcare infrastructure is affected and compromised.

KUALA LUMPUR: The health ministry has assured continued medical and health services at five facilities in Penang that were affected by flash floods early yesterday.

Health director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the five facilities were Penang Hospital, Mak Mandin Health Clinic, Lahar Yooi Rural Clinic, Perai Health Clinic and Taman Seri Delima 1Malaysia Clinic.

“At Penang Hospital and Perai Health Clinic, restoration and cleaning works are being carried out. They will operate as usual tomorrow (Monday), while three other facilities are still flooded,” he said in a statement.

No health facilities in Kedah and Perak were affected by the floods.

Noor Hisham urged the public to follow instructions from the authorities as contaminated flood water can cause infectious diseases such as diarrhoea, typhoid, hepatitis A and leptospirosis.

Direct contact with contaminated flood water may also cause infection to wounds, skin, eyes, ears, nose and throat.

“Dengue, chikungunya and malaria also need attention because the water containers become breeding grounds for aedes and anopheles mosquitoes during rainy season.

“The floods also have a negative impact on chronic disease cases and pregnant women, and increase the risk of injuries,” he said.

Flood victims are advised to practise cleanliness by washing their hands with soap and clean water, especially during food preparation and cleaning activities.

Supercharged

Yeah man I think better keep a look out

Maybe I go there then kena stranded there

dunch worry, if can't take off, just take cruise back lor  [laugh]

• Praise 1