Penang hit by worst flood in decades

Terrylmt

true that, this is the job of the opposition. keep in mind that Penang is predominantly of a race that is different from the rest of the country. 

that being said, i still think Ahjip should do more for the Penang people... 

Jibby say, he gib food liao wor.. what more you want siol...

najib-in-penang.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Jibby say, he gib food liao wor.. what more you want siol...

najib-in-penang.jpg

this one where got enough... even releasing funds for Penang to build up the necessary infrastructure also so reluctant... haiz... 

this one where got enough... even releasing funds for Penang to build up the necessary infrastructure also so reluctant... haiz... 

Jibby say need to be prudent and invest wisely wor...

najibmain.jpg

• Praise 2

Penang flood disaster due to karma, says Padang Besar MP

KUALA LUMPUR: An Umno MP today claimed that the severe storm which hit Penang over the weekend causing floods and landslides may have been a form of karmic retribution due to bad things committed by certain people.

Zahidi Zainul Abidin (BN-Padang Besar) said in his Dewan Rakyat speech, to debate the Supply Bill, that the public would end up suffering because of the misdeeds of such people.

“In this debate, I would also like to express my grief for those living up north as they had to bear with the flooding for two to three days,” he said.

“We must remember that the floods happened due to hill-cutting and poor development management in Penang. Do not forget.

“Sometimes, when we do bad things, like insulting religions, causing a clash between religions and organising festivals that are not in accordance with other people’s religion and inciting anger, there would of course be karmic retribution and the people will suffer,” he said.

Although he did not name the “festival”, Zahidi may have alluded to the Penang government’s decision to allow the annual Oktoberfest, the German festival which features different types of beer, to go on in the state last month.

What an idiot. 

If caused by Oktoberfest then Germany will be flooded every year.

:D

• Praise 1

What an idiot. 

If caused by Oktoberfest then Germany will be flooded every year.

it is what.

Flooded with booze, babes and wieners... that is..

thats why lor... politics is like that one. the LGY also a bit suay kuan la, always criticise ruling garment also... 

its like Potong Pasir SMC which got their LUPs last... haha... 

Politics nowadays is more of trouble making, rather than problem solving. 

• Praise 1

Politics nowadays is more of trouble making, rather than problem solving. 

But please remember not all politicians is like my fren Jibby.

He is not interested in getting money for himself.

He is only interested in serving the country and helping

the poor people.  [thumbsup]

He buys his food from the street markets just an any ordinary

man in the street.

najib_buys_kuih_muir_bernama.jpg

TR01_290616_c1855581_16629_176.jpg

CkooGXUVAAI5LDo.jpg

rotijala.transformed_0.jpg

He even helps the hawker to cook the food.

• Praise 1

Sigh. It really sucks to have to live under these conditions and constant fear..

SOURCE: https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2017/11/302007/penangites-live-fear-rain-and-floods

Penangites live in fear of rain and floods

GEORGE TOWN: A 30-minute downpour in various parts of Penang today sent shivers down the spine of tens of thousand of Penangites, who were affected by last Saturday's major floods and storm.

The fear of a possible second wave was evident when a major storm cloud drifted over the state, prompting many to take to social media to express their concerns.

Although there was no untoward incident, the rain brought with it teh tarik-colour water in Paya Terubong, where several developments are going on.

Video footage of teh tarik-colour water gushing down from the hill has made its way into social media.

Meanwhile, the Malaysian Meteorological Department has forcast heavy rain in Penang and several other states this afternoon.

Checks showed the rain has since subsided.

Wah lau eh.. Own citizens in trouble, still can say this kind of thing...

SOURCE: http://www.todayonline.com/world/penang-floods-god-sent-opportunity-ruling-party-take-back-state-says-malaysias-dpm

Floods 'God-sent opportunity' for ruling party to take back Penang

KUALA LUMPUR — Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said on Sunday (Nov 12) that the country's ruling coalition, Barisan Nasional (BN), must take the opportunity that God has sent in the form of floods to return to power in Penang.

"God has sent down his wrath upon those who have boasted that Penang is free of floods; but what has happened is that God is showing us that this is the best time for us to take back Penang," he said at the opening of the 46th Gerakan National Conference in the Cheras district of Kuala Lumpur.

Penang was hit by the worst floods in 20 years last Sunday, which claimed seven lives. It is governed by the opposition Democratic Action Party (DAP).

Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng had called Dr Ahmad Zahid early on Sunday morning to plead for help from federal agencies after floods hit 60 per cent of the state, especially Georgetown and Seberang Prai Utara.

Dr Ahmad Zahid said BN and the federal government had helped sincerely and "colourblindly" in distributing aid to the state, including announcing a RM150 million (S$48.7 million) allocation for flood mitigration programmes in Sungai Pinang.

He also said BN never politicised the issue, especially regarding the aid given.

"The government cares about the problems faced (by the people) and we want our commitment to be taken positively. The third phase of flood prevention must be conducted. (This shows) the Prime Minister is a caring and compassionate leader," said Dr Ahmad Zahid.

"I also helped the people of Penang after seeing the difficulties faced. I was embraced (by the people) because I offered help colour-blindly. This is our attitude in BN.

"Did we politicise the issue? Not at all," hed said, referring to a picture of him embracing Mr Lim upon arrival at the Butterworth Air Force Base on Tuesday (Nov 7).

[terrylmt: Eh... But then... http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/release-rm1b-allocation-for-flood-mitigation-penang-urges-putrajaya#72CkUB2yHZTbRdyh.97]

Meanwhile, Mr Mah Sew Kong, president of the BN coalition member party Gerakan, expressed confidence that this is the perfect time for the party to reclaim the state after losing it to the DAP nine years ago.

"Nobody knows Penang better than Gerakan," he said during his speech, to the applause of some 2,000 attendees.

Mr Mah said DAP was to blame for the uncontrolled development in the state, adding the party had approved 39 projects, compared with only eight when Gerakan's Mr Koh Tsu Koon was chief minister from 1990 to 2008.

"This is four times the amount of what was approved (by the previous administration). Enough with the blame games. You are the state government, take the blame," he said. THE MALAYSIAN INSIGHT

Edited by Terrylmt
  • Praise 1

Sigh. It really sucks to have to live under these conditions and constant fear..

SOURCE: https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2017/11/302007/penangites-live-fear-rain-and-floods

Penangites live in fear of rain and floods

GEORGE TOWN: A 30-minute downpour in various parts of Penang today sent shivers down the spine of tens of thousand of Penangites, who were affected by last Saturday's major floods and storm.

The fear of a possible second wave was evident when a major storm cloud drifted over the state, prompting many to take to social media to express their concerns.

Although there was no untoward incident, the rain brought with it teh tarik-colour water in Paya Terubong, where several developments are going on.

Video footage of teh tarik-colour water gushing down from the hill has made its way into social media.

Meanwhile, the Malaysian Meteorological Department has forcast heavy rain in Penang and several other states this afternoon.

Checks showed the rain has since subsided.

Indeed scary if it rains heavily in penang now. Recently then i found out two of my friends in penang, their car kena the last week flash flood, one car even totally got submerge in the flood!  [sweatdrop]  

Indeed scary if it rains heavily in penang now. Recently then i found out two of my friends in penang, their car kena the last week flash flood, one car even totally got submerge in the flood!  [sweatdrop]  

Sudah habis...

Wah lau eh.. Own citizens in trouble, still can say this kind of thing...

SOURCE: http://www.todayonline.com/world/penang-floods-god-sent-opportunity-ruling-party-take-back-state-says-malaysias-dpm

Floods 'God-sent opportunity' for ruling party to take back Penang

KUALA LUMPUR â Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said on Sunday (Nov 12) that the country's ruling coalition, Barisan Nasional (BN), must take the opportunity that God has sent in the form of floods to return to power in Penang.

"God has sent down his wrath upon those who have boasted that Penang is free of floods; but what has happened is that God is showing us that this is the best time for us to take back Penang," he said at the opening of the 46th Gerakan National Conference in the Cheras district of Kuala Lumpur.

Penang was hit by the worst floods in 20 years last Sunday, which claimed seven lives. It is governed by the opposition Democratic Action Party (DAP).

Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng had called Dr Ahmad Zahid early on Sunday morning to plead for help from federal agencies after floods hit 60 per cent of the state, especially Georgetown and Seberang Prai Utara.

Dr Ahmad Zahid said BN and the federal government had helped sincerely and "colourblindly" in distributing aid to the state, including announcing a RM150 million (S$48.7 million) allocation for flood mitigration programmes in Sungai Pinang.

He also said BN never politicised the issue, especially regarding the aid given.

"The government cares about the problems faced (by the people) and we want our commitment to be taken positively. The third phase of flood prevention must be conducted. (This shows) the Prime Minister is a caring and compassionate leader," said Dr Ahmad Zahid.

"I also helped the people of Penang after seeing the difficulties faced. I was embraced (by the people) because I offered help colour-blindly. This is our attitude in BN.

"Did we politicise the issue? Not at all," hed said, referring to a picture of him embracing Mr Lim upon arrival at the Butterworth Air Force Base on Tuesday (Nov 7).

[terrylmt: Eh... But then... http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/release-rm1b-allocation-for-flood-mitigation-penang-urges-putrajaya#72CkUB2yHZTbRdyh.97]

Meanwhile, Mr Mah Sew Kong, president of the BN coalition member party Gerakan, expressed confidence that this is the perfect time for the party to reclaim the state after losing it to the DAP nine years ago.

"Nobody knows Penang better than Gerakan," he said during his speech, to the applause of some 2,000 attendees.

Mr Mah said DAP was to blame for the uncontrolled development in the state, adding the party had approved 39 projects, compared with only eight when Gerakan's Mr Koh Tsu Koon was chief minister from 1990 to 2008.

"This is four times the amount of what was approved (by the previous administration). Enough with the blame games. You are the state government, take the blame," he said. THE MALAYSIAN INSIGHT

Flash flood in KL.

God must be telling the idiots to STFU.

Going by his own logic.

:XD:

• Praise 3