19 year old jumps from flat after being jilted by ex bf

nuttyprofessor

I feel that the proliferation of online and social media may have contributed to some of this mindless act.

The world today seeks instant gratification. If we want something, we go online to buy and expect to have the goods tomorrow. If we whatsapp someone, we expect that guy to reply us within seconds after reading it. If all these didn't happen instantly, we get all upset and depress.

The world has forgotten tne virtue of the word "patience". Even for love. We need to get instant love and if we don't, we get so upset and we jump.

I think there should be an offline campaign. All mobile devices off for a week, everyone chill and go back to the old days. [laugh]

Maybe we should just go back to the 70s and 80s.

And I could probably get myself the first generation Toyota Celica for a start. No COE.

Edited by DACH
↡ Advertisement

What a sad news. She's so young and sweet.

May she RIP.

There was a case in my neighborhood too. The guy went to his gf's house to ask for patching back but was unsuccessful. He jumped at her block.

Last time my gf dumped me. I sibei sad, but no kill myself, drinks every night....finally got over it. Months later, she wanted to patch back. I ask her go fly kite.....I thank god I had a good n loving Wife now.... Edited by Hoseyboh
  • Praise 1

I feel that the proliferation of online and social media may have contributed to some of this mindless act.

The world today seeks instant gratification. If we want something, we go online to buy and expect to have the goods tomorrow.  If we whatsapp someone, we expect that guy to reply us within seconds after reading it.  If all these didn't happen instantly, we get all upset and depress.

The world has forgotten tne virtue of the word "patience". Even for love. We need to get instant love and if we don't, we get so upset and we jump.

I think there should be an offline campaign. All mobile devices off for a week, everyone chill and go back to the old days.  [laugh]

not easy. i was trying to do some simple meditation last evening. 5mins and i checked the clock liao, thought to see whether i reached 10mins or not  [laugh]

not easy. i was trying to do some simple meditation last evening. 5mins and i checked the clock liao, thought to see whether i reached 10mins or not [laugh]

It takes time...pun so intended.

Edited by mersaylee

My chinese is bad. Did they give details of the relationship or just say that he broke up with her?

Cannot break up with girls meh? Like that 90% of all guys are in trouble already  :D

in trouble becoz of the girl jump, breakups happen daily. but to jump off...likely must 'zao sai"  or prolly said something that made the girl take it so seriously.  I hope Im wrong, but if that is true, then the boy will be guilty for the rest of his life..

in trouble becoz of the girl jump, breakups happen daily. but to jump off...likely must 'zao sai" or prolly said something that made the girl take it so seriously. I hope Im wrong, but if that is true, then the boy will be guilty for the rest of his life..

I'm not a girl but if I were one, reckon there would actually less of a chance that I'd commit suicide over a cheater than just a normal breakup.

Unless of course she attacked the guy and other girl as well.

It's sad but this incident also showed us how fragile life is.

We should all treasure what we have no matter what pain or discomfort we're going through because it only matters if you're alive.

Second paragraph not easy to practice esp when being in torment, but hope everyone be reminded of importance of being alive

留得青山在不怕没柴烧

• Praise 1

in trouble becoz of the girl jump, breakups happen daily. but to jump off...likely must 'zao sai"  or prolly said something that made the girl take it so seriously.  I hope Im wrong, but if that is true, then the boy will be guilty for the rest of his life..

I read the mandarin article and it says the mother objected to the relationship. So I dont think can blame the guy too much on this.

And maybe the girl given her first time to the boy so want stick to him but the mother do not allow.

• Praise 1

I read the mandarin article and it says the mother objected to the relationship. So I dont think can blame the guy too much on this.

And maybe the girl given her first time to the boy so want stick to him but the mother do not allow.

the girl given her 1st time to the boy is a very likely reason... haiz...

Second paragraph not easy to practice esp when being in torment, but hope everyone be reminded of importance of being alive

留得青山在不怕没柴烧

It takes a lot of will power to overcome disappointments in life.

How many of you practice mindfulness?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sati_(Buddhism)

"念 is composed of jin "now; this" and xin "heart; mind". Bernhard Karlgren graphically explains nian meaning "reflect, think; to study, learn by heart, remember; recite, read – to have 今 present to 心 the mind".[15] The Chinese character nian or nien 念 is pronounced as Korean yeom or yŏm 염, Japanese ネン or nen, and Vietnamese niệm"

Essentially dun sweat the small stuff

I’ve been thru the darkest days of my life battling illnesses and learnt much. That has made me stronger

Sadly for the girl she may be too young to hv had that kind of wealth of past failures to learn to move on

RIP

• Praise 6

It takes a lot of will power to overcome disappointments in life.

How many of you practice mindfulness?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sati_(Buddhism)

"念 is composed of jin ä» "now; this" and xin å¿ "heart; mind". Bernhard Karlgren graphically explains nian meaning "reflect, think; to study, learn by heart, remember; recite, read â to have ä» present to å¿ the mind".[15] The Chinese character nian or nien 念 is pronounced as Korean yeom or yÅm ì¼, Japanese ãã³ or nen, and Vietnamese niá»m"

I don't practice any form of meditation, at best some prayers or talking to almighty. Still I fall short many a times, screwing up my own career at worst. It's easy to talk nice theory, even ppl who don't practice what they preach can talk like wise person.

End of the day, is usually kakikorkaki.

Hv a blessed week bro.

waa this one very hard... the world will literally stop spinning haha... 

but people do go for social media fast... 

I don't have an active FB account.  My FB account only few friends

My clients use to tell me, you do property, how can no active FB account. Other agents has account full of agent friends.

I told them I don't see how reading other agents post on what they eat, what they drive, where they holidaying, where they are partying is going to help my clients buy/sell better. If any, it serves more as a distraction from value adding and doing my proper work for them. 

Social media fast? Yes, I think pple should do it.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 4

Essentially dun sweat the small stuff

Iâve been thru the darkest days of my life battling illnesses and learnt much. That has made me stronger

Sadly for the girl she may be too young to hv had that kind of wealth of past failures to learn to move on

RIP

Yes that is why I always advocate for young to join clubs or religious groups to widen their spectrum of life.
  • Praise 1

I don't have an active FB account. My FB account only few friends

My clients use to tell me, you do property, how can no active FB account. Other agents has account full of agent friends.

I told them I don't see how reading other agents post on what they eat, what they drive, where they holidaying, where they are partying is going to help my clients buy/sell better. If any, it serves more as a distraction from value adding and doing my proper work for them.

Social media fast? Yes, I think pple should do it.

well said bro. the lack of an active FB or any other social media account is not going to make you any less effective in your property work...

if anyone finds that they are spending an unhealthy amount of time on social media (unless its their job to do so), then i think a fast will help to detach and reduce the reliance... for some people, can be an addiction as bad as alcohol or drugs...

↡ Advertisement