Crazy Rich Asians?

EWander

saw the movie....plot is,

like a hamburger, familiar and easily identifiable

some funny conversation scene and highlights in my opinion would be lunch and mahjong part.

good effort to open up and let the world knows more of singapore and singaporeans actors

agreed on the part that it a movie that might open up more doors for Asian actors whom have been playing second fiddle.

dont go in with sky high expectations

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 2

Kevin Kwan, author of Crazy Rich Asians, defaulted on NS obligations: MINDEF

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/kevin-kwan-author-of-crazy-rich-asians-defaulted-on-ns-10640832

Considering he left at 11 yrs old, grew up overseas and wanted to renounce his citizenship. Mindef is once again being petty.

Come back for f**k

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 6

stick on fake SG plate on boleh land car; even plate template font is malaysia type

is that number plate real..

meKRBfu.png

Edited by BanCoe

i saw the movie yesterday; lots of scenes are done in malaysia ; I dont think even the matriach/patriach house is based in Singapore also....  only thing can recognise very clearly is ECP; Also i wonder why some of the maids dress up like thai style   

at least make the plates in SG lah and use double side tape stick on cost only maybe $30/- ..... Hollywood goes into very basic detailing including making each and every part authentic 

hollywood :yeah-im-not-drunk:

T2 is Asians OK, rich I think can do, but I seriously don't think he is crazy. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

to be honest, an ex desk head at swiss bank is not exactly rich to begin with...

well to do bah.. but if your definition of rich is 5 million there about then yes.

different people has different definition of rich...

rich is 50mio and above... private bank UHNW is 20mio usd investable assets then ish rich...

u will be surprised there are actually alot of people with 20mio and up in singapore....i don't know how they manage to accumulate such wealth.. maybe inheritance

• Praise 1

if they invite our ministers to act in it, 100% legitð¤£ð¤£ð¤£

Movie theme song: Mee Siam Mai Hum

i saw the movie yesterday; lots of scenes are done in malaysia ; I dont think even the matriach/patriach house is based in Singapore also.... only thing can recognise very clearly is ECP; Also i wonder why some of the maids dress up like thai style

at least make the plates in SG lah and use double side tape stick on cost only maybe $30/- ..... Hollywood goes into very basic detailing including making each and every part authentic

Singapore too expensive to shoot la. Must be at least a million dollars. They don't think it's going to be million dollars blockbuster too. Edited by DACH
  • Praise 3

i saw the movie yesterday; lots of scenes are done in malaysia ; I dont think even the matriach/patriach house is based in Singapore also.... only thing can recognise very clearly is ECP; Also i wonder why some of the maids dress up like thai style

Just curious what is a thai-style maid dressing?

I only ever heard of French maid costume [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 3

see the scene in the Gardens by the Bay party scene ..... almost 3/4 of the movie part when the maid of the matriach summons for her  "to be DIL" 

Just curious what is a thai-style maid dressing?

I only ever heard of French maid costume [laugh]

hollywood is well-known for over representing lei. Last time i see Commando i laughed like hell when i see a claymore mines and m203 grenades are able to blowup entire houses to smithereens...
  • Praise 1

not everyone whom watches Hollywood movies got do NS one,  or in MCF here knows how to spot car " bedek "ing .... like some put AMG stickers on S class Merc......Bestest is old Malay and Hindi/tamil movies of the 70's/80's use AM/FM transistor radio like walkie talkie .... lagi LOL.... hitec

hollywood is well-known for over representing lei. Last time i see Commando i laughed like hell when i see a claymore mines and m203 grenades are able to blowup entire houses to smithereens...

• Praise 5

not everyone whom watches Hollywood movies got do NS one, or in MCF here knows how to spot car " bedek "ing .... like some put AMG stickers on S class Merc......Bestest is old Malay and Hindi/tamil movies of the 70's/80's use AM/FM transistor radio like walkie talkie .... lagi LOL.... hitec

hahaha....you put it until like that.....wahahaha! If can i oso want to out amg in my proton hor.......sure fast fast wan. AMG........All Malaysia Gangsta.....
↡ Advertisement