Crazy Rich Asians?

EWander

Mindef was replying to an inquiry by CNA.

What's there to blow up. Must hide meh.

It's dug up by journalist. Not mindef dig up one.

I see, thanks for taking time to clarify on this.

Turbocharged

Just released.

Happy to see an all Asian cast movie doing well in Hollywood. It is about time that Asians get recognized for their acting talents. And with Singapore in there, that's the extra bonus.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 1

Yall notice i got NO comment for this event.

No we didn't notice it.

At least not until you told us that you have no comment.

such irony.. this very person that has not served ns is one of the very few who have magnified singapore on the world map.

it may not have been right for him but couldn't they have just sent him or his company another letter? why bring this up when the movie is bringing us some good publicity?

Publicity.. not sure if it is good though... I feel its for the wrong reasons..

I'm not sure I like to be proud of the CRA living in SG. For sure I don't benefit from them or their money despite what gahmen say, elites and FT create jobs.. most of the CRA got rich from the property boom.. and real estate does not create much jobs.

lots of rich people are not very nice people.

A film about rich people and how average people can aspire to be rich or marry into wealth.. very Hollywood.. films like pretty woman suffer from the same delusion.

also, the controversy about Kwan defaulting on NS, that's still publicity for the film. 

its not going to stop people from watching because of that.... because no body cares... and Singapore is not banning the film right?

also, not served NS, 50% of those born don't serve anyway. I just fail to see the connection. unless he saved Singapore from getting nuked or something... then that's worth an irony.

Regardless of where the Be-Landa house is located, I really am awed with the architecture of this home and how the openness of the design blend in so well with the surrounding lush greenery.

https://www.architecturalrecord.com/articles/13600-tropical-malaysian-residence-makes-its-hollywood-debut-in-crazy-rich-asians

If the location in KL outskirt, that wouldnt fit the bill of Crazy Rich Asian hahaha

If this house at D9 or D10 sg, that would be Crazy Rich

Regardless of where the Be-Landa house is located, I really am awed with the architecture of this home and how the openness of the design blend in so well with the surrounding lush greenery.

https://www.architecturalrecord.com/articles/13600-tropical-malaysian-residence-makes-its-hollywood-debut-in-crazy-rich-asians

the family who owns the house....

https://www.thestar.com/life/homes/2018/08/10/how-a-toronto-architecht-designed-the-home-in-crazy-rich-asians.html

_2_hofstede_family_jon_chu.jpg

Exactly, he is not the only defaulters since my enlistment, I can't remb how long ago thy asked many NSF to do volunteers service, Hahaha, I had answered the call of duty, yet thy got the cheek to ask me.

Besides, Mindef likes publicity now, to me makes no sense that sensibility is all about.

Why dig up old wounds, its nothing new.

Mindef was replying to an inquiry by CNA.

What's there to blow up. Must hide meh.

It's dug up by journalist. Not mindef dig up one.

Yup. Its really well designed.

Its due to the natural elements which its nestled.

The house itself is so so. Nice but not really damn wowee

And dirt cheap when compared to a real GCB in Singapore.

I am not surprise if it is cheaper than my HDB....

They should have used a real GCB in Singapore.

But that would not be possible becos you will not find a true GCB owner obliging enough to allow his sanctuary to be exposed to the world.

And it wouldnt be for rent anyway.

I can vouch that there are better designed and more breathtaking GCBs in Singapore.

If got chance, i would request permission to take pictures and share.

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 2

Its due to the natural elements which its nestled.

The house itself is so so. Nice but not really damn wowee

And dirt cheap when compared to a real GCB in Singapore.

I am not surprise if it is cheaper than my HDB....

They should have used a real GCB in Singapore.

But that would not be possible becos you will not find a true GCB owner obliging enough to allow his sanctuary to be exposed to the world.

And it wouldnt be for rent anyway.

I can vouch that there are better designed and more breathtaking GCBs in Singapore.

If got chance, i would request permission to take pictures and share.

Hao Lian spotted

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

If the location in KL outskirt, that wouldnt fit the bill of Crazy Rich Asian hahaha

If this house at D9 or D10 sg, that would be Crazy Rich

Edited by Karoon