SG change name to Jingapore?

kdash

since when did Singapore change name to "Jingapore"??

its an artistic post by Jing Quek but is it ok to change our country's name? 

attachicon.gifjing.jpeg

According to her it is ok!

:D

luluthemovie.jpg?itok=Se-p2u3R

• Praise 4

Hur ... "jinx" :a-bang:

No wonder MRT broke down often ... :a-m1524:

Signboard from LTA with 'Cow' being at the topmost of triangle prism, shouldn't be wrong lar ... :wut:

Cow must be the mother of all jinx..hohoho..
  • Praise 1

From his FB

Welcome to Jingapore!
It was brought to my attention that some people raised a fuss about the title of my artwork.
I want to state clearly first that the naming was intentional, and in the great tradition of Chinese and English linguistics, it's call a Pun. So relax, don't get too outraged.

In my artistic life, I having proudly waved the Singapore flag showcasing images of everyday Singaporeans in competitions, advertising campaigns and exhibitions all over the world, from Jakarta to France, from USA, to Italy, to Japan.

Out of all these, the Art in Transit program has been the highest honour and the number 1 dream in my artistic career bucket list.

I had the privilege of photographing nearly 500 Tampines residents over a year, and these people contributed their time and energy for my work.

This collaboration between the local community was made possible through the hard work of LTA, who made the effort to engage the communities surrounding each train station.

In life, we have choices. The internet gives us an easy outlet to express ourselves behind a keyboard.

We can choose to be upset and burn with anger at all the perceived wrongs against us, and lash out and find fault in everything, even in obvious puns.

Or we can choose to appreciate life's small blessings and joys, and also the things that our government agencies do to make life a little bit sweeter for all of us.

I've been very blessed to have been able to capture the smiles of hundreds of Tampines residents, and I want to share this with all my fellow Singaporeans.

I would like to invite everyone to take the opportunity to hop on a train, spend a day just discovering all the wonderful art scattered around each station. It's an excuse to bring the children out, pak tor with your girlfriend, or to check out that food place you heard about at the other end of Singapore.

To those that feel anger at the naming of the artwork, I understand that you may feel unhappy with the recent issues related to our transport system.

I hope you can understand that LTA is a huge organisation with many different divisions. But it's filled with people who are putting their hearts and souls into making Singapore run smoothly. (Also, this team is totally unrelated to SMRT lah. Want to get angry must also direct anger at the correct department.)

LTA's Art in Transit program is one of the most ambitious and fulfilling project that I have ever worked on.It's been a privilege working with the dedicated LTA team that made this project a reality.

With the entire Art in Transit program, Singapore now has a massive cultural project that captures contemporary Singapore culture through art made by Singaporeans, for Singaporeans.

Jingapore is my artistic vision of Singapore, where all of us are super stars, super models, immortalised on billboards, filled with positivity and optimism, striving hard to achieve our dreams.

Welcome to Jingapore!

P.S- it's 风景的”景“-apore 1f642.png=)

• Praise 4

From his FB

Welcome to Jingapore!

It was brought to my attention that some people raised a fuss about the title of my artwork.

I want to state clearly first that the naming was intentional, and in the great tradition of Chinese and English linguistics, it's call a Pun. So relax, don't get too outraged.

In my artistic life, I having proudly waved the Singapore flag showcasing images of everyday Singaporeans in competitions, advertising campaigns and exhibitions all over the world, from Jakarta to France, from USA, to Italy, to Japan.

Out of all these, the Art in Transit program has been the highest honour and the number 1 dream in my artistic career bucket list.

I had the privilege of photographing nearly 500 Tampines residents over a year, and these people contributed their time and energy for my work.

This collaboration between the local community was made possible through the hard work of LTA, who made the effort to engage the communities surrounding each train station.

In life, we have choices. The internet gives us an easy outlet to express ourselves behind a keyboard.

We can choose to be upset and burn with anger at all the perceived wrongs against us, and lash out and find fault in everything, even in obvious puns.

Or we can choose to appreciate life's small blessings and joys, and also the things that our government agencies do to make life a little bit sweeter for all of us.

I've been very blessed to have been able to capture the smiles of hundreds of Tampines residents, and I want to share this with all my fellow Singaporeans.

I would like to invite everyone to take the opportunity to hop on a train, spend a day just discovering all the wonderful art scattered around each station. It's an excuse to bring the children out, pak tor with your girlfriend, or to check out that food place you heard about at the other end of Singapore.

To those that feel anger at the naming of the artwork, I understand that you may feel unhappy with the recent issues related to our transport system.

I hope you can understand that LTA is a huge organisation with many different divisions. But it's filled with people who are putting their hearts and souls into making Singapore run smoothly. (Also, this team is totally unrelated to SMRT lah. Want to get angry must also direct anger at the correct department.)

LTA's Art in Transit program is one of the most ambitious and fulfilling project that I have ever worked on.It's been a privilege working with the dedicated LTA team that made this project a reality.

With the entire Art in Transit program, Singapore now has a massive cultural project that captures contemporary Singapore culture through art made by Singaporeans, for Singaporeans.

Jingapore is my artistic vision of Singapore, where all of us are super stars, super models, immortalised on billboards, filled with positivity and optimism, striving hard to achieve our dreams.

Welcome to Jingapore!

P.S- it's 风景的”景“-apore 1f642.png=)

post-195148-0-47936000-1510119709_thumb.

If that's the case, he shouldn't have added in LTA logo to the display board.  :a-noway:

When a organisation logo is placed on the display board. It's therefore automatic becomes the ownership and peoples will commence on the organisation for lack of sensitivities to the general public.    :yuush:

Just like you go to NTUC and buy a packet of food with NTUC Supermarket logo on it. If one read carefully on the fine print, it states "pack for NTUC Supermarket by so & so company. If that product is bad, consumers will refer to NTUC Supermarket logo on the packet and up to NTUC Supermarket to take up with the so & so company..... :we-all-gonna-die:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 1

Errr. Even if the country's actual name changes to jingapore overnight, so what?

Will it increase my salary, make the trains run on time and put bread on my table? If not, then who cares  [laugh]

Make it A-Z lor...  :XD:  :XD:  :XD:

Aingapore

Bingapore

Cingapore

Dingapore

Eingapore

Fingapore

Gingapore

Hingapore

Iingapore

Jingapore

Kingapore

Lingapore

Mingapore

Ningapore

Oingapore

Pingapore

Qingapore

Ringapore

Singapore

Tingapore

Uingapore

Vingapore

Wingapore

Xingapore

Yingapore

Zingapore

Edited by DACH
  • Praise 1

Make it A-Z lor... :XD::XD::XD:

Aingapore

Bingapore

Cingapore

Dingapore

Eingapore

Fingapore

Gingapore

Hingapore

Iingapore

Jingapore

Kingapore

Lingapore

Mingapore

Ningapore

Oingapore

Pingapore

Qingapore

Singapore

Tingapore

Uingapore

Vingapore

Wingapore

Xingapore

Yingapore

Zingapore

bro seriously... haha... btw missing R...