Cases of family feud over properties

Jman888

It is indeed very difficult to understand other people. family problems and we don't have the details. 

based on what i read, i cannot understand why there is a need to dispose the property so urgently. that old lady has how many more years to live? unless someone needs money urgently, there are some legal loopholes they don't wish to prolong, or reasons not known to us, i would say just leave it status quo. 

• Praise 1

It is indeed very difficult to understand other people. family problems and we don't have the details.

based on what i read, i cannot understand why there is a need to dispose the property so urgently. that old lady has how many more years to live? unless someone needs money urgently, there are some legal loopholes they don't wish to prolong, or reasons not known to us, i would say just leave it status quo.

I think the house is will to the youngest son and the eldest grandson who is not the son of the former, either one of them need the money urgently.

I agree there isn't many more years for the old woman.

Ah ma has a good case though. Think the woman charter will give her at least 50% of matrimonial Home. Not sure if that only applies in divorce proceedings though

A will supercedes the charter if I recall

i dunno if this is the matrimonial house or what. But if so, the husband was a real right b**tard.

Even if u don't get along with your wife in the end, she still bore you 4-5 kids.

Mind you this was in the time before epidurals was invented. So it's many hours of bloody intense pain to bear you kids leh.

Even u want to pass the property to the next generation, then at least have some clause that allow the wife to stay until she chooses to move out right.

Which is why i think it's difficult to speculate what had gone on and what is going on, that contributed to the situation.

But big family (I assume it's big) high chance got problems like who takes care of the grandparents more, who benefited more, who is trying to siam when needed, etc.

Difficult for us to speculate. 

Also dunno why the deceased husband did such a will. Was he not aware that it will effectively drive the ah ma out of the house (plus whoever is staying there)? And of all the living family (wife, 4 sons, their (maybe the 5th son who died also had a family?) families (grandchildren and maybe great grandchildren), only will the house to 2? Unless he had a lot of other assets that were left to the rest, then it's certainly not being fair.

Ah ma has a good case though. Think the woman charter will give her at least 50% of matrimonial Home. Not sure if that only applies in divorce proceedings though

Not sure what exactly sure if it will be applicable or not in the first place since their marriage would have predated the woman's charter. Can't even be sure if it is properly registered or not  [laugh]

Which is why i think it's difficult to speculate what had gone on and what is going on, that contributed to the situation.

But big family (I assume it's big) high chance got problems like who takes care of the grandparents more, who benefited more, who is trying to siam when needed, etc.

Difficult for us to speculate. 

Also dunno why the deceased husband did such a will. Was he not aware that it will effectively drive the ah ma out of the house (plus whoever is staying there)? And of all the living family (wife, 4 sons, their (maybe the 5th son who died also had a family?) families (grandchildren and maybe great grandchildren), only will the house to 2? Unless he had a lot of other assets that were left to the rest, then it's certainly not being fair.

What's fair and what's not?

Traditional families (ang mo and asian) might practice primogeniture. Younger children will also claim not fair.

is that how young people see thing nowadays, what even happen to ah gong ah mah is their problem as long as they are not divorced. Many old couple dun really talk but doesn't mean the kids should side one and not the other.

I am more interested running a car rental company and watches...can be so rich?

Not sure what exactly sure if it will be applicable or not in the first place since their marriage would have predated the woman's charter. Can't even be sure if it is properly registered or not [laugh]

My mon and dad don't even has the rom cert. She only got a paper written in Chinese with dragon and phoniex on the hard cover. She treasure it though. Hahaha

By the way...that piece of paper was recognised by cpf board and legal firm as marriage certificate when she wrote her will last year.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

the family has a few properties here and msia, every son got a property liao.

This kind of things v hard to say lah, those move out say the stay in one got free lodging, the stay in one say he sacrifice to take care of parent and lose out on property boom years.

But in this case, selling the house and ask the ama to move out is a bit harsh.

its 4 mil !! what you expect ?

I have cousins who disowned their mother and moved out ... but moved back immediately after the father passed away.

now just waiting to take over the 4 rm HDB flat when my aunt kicks the bucket.

in the meantime, they are still trying to take over the flat when my aunt is still alive and kicking.

its 4 mil !! what you expect ?

I have cousins who disowned their mother and moved out ... but moved back immediately after the father passed away.

now just waiting to take over the 4 rm HDB flat when my aunt kicks the bucket.

in the meantime, they are still trying to take over the flat when my aunt is still alive and kicking.

bai jia zi   -_-

This kind of things v hard to say lah, those move out say the stay in one got free lodging, the stay in one say he sacrifice to take care of parent and lose out on property boom years.

But in this case, selling the house and ask the ama to move out is a bit harsh.

That's why if this property was the matrimonial home, i said the deceased husband is a real ass.

bai jia zi -_-

That's why if this property was the matrimonial home, i said the deceased husband is a real ass.

Wrong... Not 败家子。。。but 反骨仔。

BIte the hands the feed them.

I feel damn sad when I remember the time when they were small and my aunt will bring them everywhere in tow.

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 1

Wrong... Not 败家å­ãããbut å骨ä»ã

BIte the hands the feed them.

I feel damn sad when I remember the time when they were small and my aunt will bring them everywhere in tow.

haiz... 谈钱伤感情... especially among relatives...

the family has a few properties here and msia, every son got a property liao.

wow, so many properties???

how to become so rich huh? rent cars sell watches can make so much?

↡ Advertisement