A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

No idea, probably diesel? But in Europe they run it to the ground as well without much issues..

Just hope the price range is attractive enough for buyers.. I would not hesitate to buy another Skoda if i were in SG..

I use to take skoda cab in Prague during business trip. Some of their taxi driver even mod their cab
↡ Advertisement

Never driven a SUV before but test drove the Kodiaq in Prague when I was on holiday this year.

Very quiet and smooth with responsive steering. Feels very stable and planted to the road too. Did not really drive to its limit as was driving very cautiously on LHD. Canton audio and speakers are recommended!

Great to see Skoda back again.

Not sure which models will be brought in as not to cannibalise VW sales.

My guess is the Octavia, Kodiaq and Superb.  [;)]

VW (personnel, not group) may be jealous of Skoda success

cost is cost, not a fee

wonder if VW group will do equally well if skoda drops

Edited by Johnny86

Turbocharged

I would very much want a competitively priced hot-version of a Superb...

An Octavia vRS would also be fantastic.

Edited by 7hm
  • Praise 1

I'm pleasantly surprised that after 3 pages, nobody has come in to tip over the DSG shit pot yet.

World peace is indeed within reach!

I think the previous post were on VRS and 2.0T, 4wd

The audience here are a tad more mature in the product line than the usual suspect.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

Taken at an exhibition at Berlin this year. Great stance.

Nice.

Hopefully, they bring in the L&K edition to kick start the launch.

That could be one way to blurr the lines on specs and cost moving forward.

Agar agar did some calculation below - let me know if i calculate wrongly.

Pricing (in SGD), no options added.

Car costs taken from Skoda.co.uk .

By the way, did anyone notice how come VW Jetta disappear from the VW pricelist?

post-91312-0-24384800-1510885701.jpg

Edited by Shoebox

By the way, did anyone notice how come VW Jetta disappear from the VW pricelist?

the figures is out because the cost is not landed (on the top row) with shipping and insurance cost but includes the taxes of UK.

What is missing here is VW could have easily do a deposit of 10K for expression of interest with a refund if the buyer backs out or either way.

At least have a segement of market that capture the buyers profile and interested segement.

Also a lazy way to get the product manager job done. 

:huh:

Edited by Sdf4786k

Nice.

Hopefully, they bring in the L&K edition to kick start the launch.

That could be one way to blurr the lines on specs and cost moving forward.

Second on the Laurin & Klement Edition. There was only 1 L&K 3T Superb Combi in Singapore, and man, that look really luxurious...

639150_1b.jpg639150_4b.jpg

And here are the L&K Superb & Octavia, which I can't wait to see it on our shore.

skoda_superb_laurin_klement_5.jpegskoda_superb_laurin_klement_19.jpegskoda_superb_laurin_klement_22.jpeg

skoda_octavia_laurin_klement_4_4.jpegskoda_octavia_laurin_klement_4_4_9.jpeg

skoda_octavia_combi_laurin_klement_4_4_3skoda_octavia_combi_laurin_klement_4_4_7skoda_octavia_combi_laurin_klement_4_4_2skoda_octavia_combi_laurin_klement_4_4_5skoda_octavia_combi_laurin_klement_4_4_1

Talking about the 5E Octavia, @Aaronlkl [wave] , can you share your 3 weeks experience with it? Thanks in advance. [flowerface]  [flowerface]

post-91312-0-24384800-1510885701.jpg

Can't be so high, as UK pricing is after 17.5% VAT and other taxes, and include about 15% dealer profits. Based on the previous Skoda sold here, maybe something like this:

Superb 2.0 TSI L&K => $35K± OMV / $170K± RRP

Superb 2.0 TSI => $30K± OMV / $155K± RRP

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 6

Second on the Laurin & Klement Edition. There was only 1 L&K 3T Superb Combi in Singapore, and man, that look really luxurious...

639150_1b.jpg639150_4b.jpg

And here are the L&K Superb & Octavia, which I can't wait to see it on our shore.

skoda_superb_laurin_klement_5.jpegskoda_superb_laurin_klement_19.jpegskoda_superb_laurin_klement_22.jpeg

skoda_octavia_laurin_klement_4_4.jpegskoda_octavia_laurin_klement_4_4_9.jpeg

skoda_octavia_combi_laurin_klement_4_4_3skoda_octavia_combi_laurin_klement_4_4_7skoda_octavia_combi_laurin_klement_4_4_2skoda_octavia_combi_laurin_klement_4_4_5skoda_octavia_combi_laurin_klement_4_4_1

Talking about the 5E Octavia, @Aaronlkl [wave] , can you share your 3 weeks experience with it? Thanks in advance. [flowerface]  [flowerface]

when the dealership was winding down. I bought my wife to view the estate version. I think it was brown or black.

Who knows my wife went to the showroom. Din even bother to sit in it and made a 180 degree turn out the main door.

She was nagging at me on why would anyone pay good money for that.

I told her value for money ... blah blah blah.. but she was saying just pay the delta and buy any other car except that "thing".

I think the design language has change somewhat from the previous gen.

In fact , I quite like the Octavia VRS. Less so for the superb.

Maybe an acquired taste. I thought the superb do give it a bit of old day classic.

Edited by Sdf4786k

I've rented the 2017 Skoda Octavia 2L TDI couple of months ago at Czech Rep. The car produced 150bhp, drive pretty solid. Ride quality is firm yet no harsh. Skoda's Octavia has long been a sensible choice, one picked by those that know plenty about cars, and recognise value for money when they see it. The new Octavia looks to build on this reputation, and offer even better value. Shifting away from the conservative and quietly stylish looks, the Skoda's latest model is more striking than before, and comes with improved kit thanks to a recent refresh across the family-sized hatchback models from the VW Group

Can't be so high, as UK pricing is after 17.5% VAT and other taxes, and include about 15% dealer profits. Based on the previous Skoda sold here, maybe something like this:

Superb 2.0 TSI L&K => $35K± OMV / $170K± RRP

Superb 2.0 TSI => $30K± OMV / $155K± RRP

post-25667-0-97989700-1510909347_thumb.jpg

post-25667-0-94763800-1510909366_thumb.jpg

post-25667-0-54631300-1510909383_thumb.jpg

post-25667-0-63639200-1510909432_thumb.jpg

post-25667-0-07477700-1510909451_thumb.jpg

post-25667-0-32181800-1510909466_thumb.jpg

post-25667-0-01515500-1510909480_thumb.jpg

post-25667-0-74310200-1510909493_thumb.jpg

post-25667-0-34048600-1510909510_thumb.jpg

post-25667-0-20330900-1510909720_thumb.jpg