A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Still a lot of ignorant ppl around who have stigma on unknown or lesser brand.

As in SG is very 'brand' conscious, if the VW is priced only a bit higher than Skoda, most ppl will go VW regardless.

Let's wait for pricing to be released and make a comparison

↡ Advertisement

Hmmm...

Why VW is scaling down its Leng Kee showroom?

The original VW show room is oversize in the first place, since they are not retailing at lot of model. In Europe, a show room of the same size can house up to 3 brand under VA (VW, Skoda and Seat).

Still a lot of ignorant ppl around who have stigma on unknown or lesser brand.

As in SG is very 'brand' conscious, if the VW is priced only a bit higher than Skoda, most ppl will go VW regardless.

Let's wait for pricing to be released and make a comparison

Agreed about Singapore buyer mentality, but the past failures of different ADs do play a part in the poor perception.

Modern Skoda is nothing like the past and this point have to be emphasize in Skoda advertisement. One good way will be to made known to potential buyers that it is the official car in some part of Europe.

Logically they should do that unless they intend to replace VW with Skoda

Both can survive if VAG adopt the right strategy, as what they did in Europe.
  • Praise 11

I agree the previous ADs were all shit, but has nothing to do with the cars if they done enough research.

As mentioned before, i owned 2 Skodas over a period of 16 yrs and they have been a work horse! The Superb only broke down once when the radiator leaked.

Other than that, it's basically the same car as a VW

Do we know when will the Skoda showroom be officially opened?

• Praise 2

I agree the previous ADs were all shit, but has nothing to do with the cars if they done enough research.

As mentioned before, i owned 2 Skodas over a period of 16 yrs and they have been a work horse! The Superb only broke down once when the radiator leaked.

What do u meant by they are the same car as VW? VW is known of their poor reliability.

I will get skoda if they are better than, not equivalent to VW

Edited by Lotr8445r

I agree with you. I am driving a SEAT and I do hope Skoda will have a chance to succeed here.

The original VW show room is oversize in the first place, since they are not retailing at lot of model. In Europe, a show room of the same size can house up to 3 brand under VA (VW, Skoda and Seat).

Agreed about Singapore buyer mentality, but the past failures of different ADs do play a part in the poor perception.

Modern Skoda is nothing like the past and this point have to be emphasize in Skoda advertisement. One good way will be to made known to potential buyers that it is the official car in some part of Europe.

Korean car has the worst reliability >20 yrs ago. My colleague new sonata break down even on the 1st day when driving his new car out from shownroom, in the middle of expressway.

With strong AD availability and improvement made along these years, ppls have changed their mentally against their brand.

I think because of Singapore market size, AD support is a very important factor for buyers in crafting a brand's image.

After all, it's not like if you not happy you can go to another dealer unless you want to risk getting a PI car.

Edited by Benarsenal

I think because of Singapore market size, AD support is a very important factor for buyers in crafting a brand's image.

After all, it's not like if you not happy you can go to another dealer unless you want to risk getting a PI car.

It doesn't matter. Look around Singapore and you see many Honda Vezel PI cars. What do you think?

It doesn't matter. Look around Singapore and you see many Honda Vezel PI cars. What do you think?

They are mostly PHVs.

SG market is small as compare to elsewhere.

Hence I always feel the right strategy would always be a case of a test product platform to spearhead the sectors.

the profile segment is niche. Either the buyer knows the product or the buyer is cost sensitive.

Cater to both a bit tough to make money.

What do u meant by they are the same car as VW? VW is known of their poor reliability.

I will get skoda if they are better than, not equivalent to VW

If you don't understand VAG cars, then you should look elsewhere..

• Praise 3

If you don't understand VAG cars, then you should look elsewhere..

I suppose if there are brand concious and want a luxurous ride they go for Audi. Fast go for Lambo. Refinment go for bentley

two wheeler , go for ducati.

But, if you want fun and value for money, in most case around the world, they go for SEAT or Skoda.

There are many cross sharing of parts including Audi steering wheels in Skoda for certain made.

In fact, some of the engine comes from skoda factory and then delivered to VW / Audi.

• Praise 1

Finally get to catch the Kodiaq on our road. Although I am a Skoda fan, I have to say that Kodiaq is not as grand (in look) as compared to the marginally larger Kia Sorento.

qpBDkmz.jpgzkqgynX.jpggWshNE0.jpg0LPy1Tb.jpg

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 12