A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

Ya bro that's what I meant.

The current RS245 to salute this vRS when they see him ma. ð

One 2LT and the other 2WO. Think no need to salute each other ba.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Anyone knows what is the size of the brakes on the RS245?

how many pots are we looking?

dunno how many pods but the front pads part# is 5Q0698151F. Same as Audi Q2 & A3, VW Golf (mk7), Tiguan, Touran and many more.

This stock pads generate a huge amount of brake dust on rims.. My current car also uses the same pads and had them replaced within the first 2 months.    [:p]

60 car sales in a month is quite impressive for Skoda.. Good job! 

provided its real sales and not forecasted sales to induce a perception of sales number and acceptance from the crowd

I saw my SE doing a lot of paperwork for so many orders.

I supposed it has to do with visibility.. as Long as every other cats u see on the road is not a Golf or Elantra n instead an employee Octavia or a superb, the sales is booming. However if spotting a Octavia is like a unicorn. Than it’s going to be 60 units of sales for the entire year

using tape measure, looks like 340 front

thanks. hmmm very surprising they are using only single piston. i thought for a car with 245 horses they be using a dual piston? Or at least dual piston in front and single behind.

stock gti and think golf r also the same one piston . maybe rotor size different for the R? 

from my 2cents(or less) worth of brake knowledge, bbks are basically heat sinks. bigger heat sinks absorb more heat before brake fade comes in. (track purpose or street racing)

so 1 piston or 8 piston still has the same clamping force but more pistons usually means

1) larger pads to help distribute the force

2) staggered size/layout for better "feel"

3) looks

Edited by Golf7roy
  • Praise 2

dunno how many pods but the front pads part# is 5Q0698151F. Same as Audi Q2 & A3, VW Golf (mk7), Tiguan, Touran and many more.

This stock pads generate a huge amount of brake dust on rims.. My current car also uses the same pads and had them replaced within the first 2 months.    [:p]

Single piston means lesser brake pads to change? haha. Should be cheap to change. You did it at outside workshop? Won't void warranty?

Hi,

Anyone wanna look for original Skoda accessories ?

I have lobang to bring in but need to check availability.

For models below.

- Superb

- Kodiaq

- Karoq (future if agent brings in)

Make full payment first and only need to pay S$ 100 (for weight up to 10kg), S$ 200 (up to 15kg). Anything beyond this weight, lets see.

Collection can be arrange for meet up or if need to use courier then separately charged by per delivery address.

PM in below FB link.

https://www.facebook.com/sgcarguru/

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

There are several Skoda production plants in China made for domestic market there. Can easily source auto parts from there or even taobao.

stock gti and think golf r also the same one piston . maybe rotor size different for the R? 

from my 2cents(or less) worth of brake knowledge, bbks are basically heat sinks. bigger heat sinks absorb more heat before brake fade comes in. (track purpose or street racing)

so 1 piston or 8 piston still has the same clamping force but more pistons usually means

1) larger pads to help distribute the force

2) staggered size/layout for better "feel"

3) looks

yeah you are right, just asked my friend who drives a golf r. he is on single piston too.

my knowledge is limited as well. but i believe that more pots does not necessarily mean better stopping power. 

nicer, yeah perhaps. and more expensive to change brake pads haha. 

guess if i were to get the car i will just live with the brakes for now. or maybe dekit my current brembo to it. 

Spotted opposite Hougang Mall. Nice.

Looking at size of car,one wouldn't have guessed it is a one litre car. Amazing engineering and design indeed. Boot space is bigger than a E class sedan.
  • Praise 1

Hi Guys,

Any idea is the Karoq going to be brought in from heresay?

And can those with keen recommendations, for SE, please kindly PM possibly?

Thank you in advance

60 car sales in a month is quite impressive for Skoda.. Good job! 

If I am not wrong, someone mentioned 40 cars in total since they launch the brand back in Singapore?

Spotted opposite Hougang Mall. Nice.

i no like, cos the tyre gap too big !!! 

ABT or Eibach please !!!  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement