• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1873 replies to this topic | 7,020 praises

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:30 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

170309_vehicular-emissions-scheme_online

Pinobii and antelop praised this
FS

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

Aaronlkl
  • Premium member
    Aaronlkl
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Aiseh....

shiok siah!!

Mercs praised this
"If in doubt, Flat out!"

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:07 PM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Any example of which car fall into which group / category?

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:09 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i don't have any, but according to ST, cars like prius will be under neutral VES.

RH1667 praised this
FS

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i don't have any, but according to ST, cars like prius will be under neutral VES.

Prius hybrid only consider neutral, guess most other car models will have additional tax slap on them.
2BDriver praised this

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

2001 coe cars all jialat
Garage36.com

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:23 PM

Wildfaye29
  • Wildfaye29
    5th Gear
    Author Image

die cock stand

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I also want to know leh. 

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Prius hybrid only consider neutral, guess most other car models will have additional tax slap on them.

but i think the limits r not very practical, cos electric cars r very pricey n very inadequate infrastructure to support charging.

unless govt telling us not to buy non-electric cars, or no matter what wanna achieve the projected revenue from car sales n coe..

in the end, tighter budget ones drive kei-cars?

Edited by Fuelsaver, 08 March 2017 - 09:40 PM.

FS

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

Carhorn
  • Carhorn
    4th Gear
    Author Image

wah siao liao. decat, j pipe / exhaust mods, ecu tuning now hong kan liao. liddat sure fail inspection

but i think the limits r not very practical, cos electric cars r very pricey n very inadequate infrastructure to support charging.

unless govt telling us not to buy non-electric cars, or no matter what wanna achieve the projected revenue from car sales n coe..

carlite liao. tell us not to buy cars 😢

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

wah siao liao. decat, j pipe / exhaust mods, ecu tuning now hong kan liao. liddat sure fail inspection

xiaoliao, coe gonna potentially head north again coming mths ahead..

gentlemen (working class), brace for (financial) impact..

if can afford, this week go book gcoe (i think only)..

ps, on 2nd thots, maybe not as bad..

FS

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I also want to know leh.

Your car still have 9 years and 10 months to go, give chance to those with old car like me.
Tianmo and Pocy praised this

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:05 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Your car still have 9 years and 10 months to go, give chance to those with old car like me.

yah, your car older by 3 month, still got 9 yrs and 7 months, I give you chance, you can ask first. ^_^

But hor I know mine already..  :a-happy:  :a-happy:

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:08 PM

synthez
  • Premium member
    synthez
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I don't know what to think now... Wait till 2018? Coe drop due to less demand because of addn tax on previous "eco-friendly' cars like all the hybrids?

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:10 PM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yah, your car older by 3 month, still got 9 yrs and 7 months, I give you chance, you can ask first. ^_^

But hor I know mine already.. :a-happy: :a-happy:

Ha ha ha, I wish !
Uncle2 praised this

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:19 PM

Benni09
  • Benni09
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

With the inclusion of 3 other pollutants, how many models are affected is unknown.

Tough decision for potential buyers, buy now to confirm avoid surcharge of 10k to 20k?

Or gamble fav model will fall within neutral/rebate category when testing concluded?

Or pray COE will drop 10k-20k in 2018 to offset surcharge (if model affected)?

Edited by Benni09, 08 March 2017 - 10:22 PM.

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:47 PM

Wildfaye29
  • Wildfaye29
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Lta test? Or use manufacturer figures?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:59 PM

Benni09
  • Benni09
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

If reference from SGCM, the car models CO2 emissions figures they got indicate "(as tested by LTA)". Whose figure's will be used, it's for diligent potential buyers to find out .

Edited by Benni09, 08 March 2017 - 11:14 PM.

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:00 PM

Dinkydong
  • Premium member
    Dinkydong
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Seems like NTUC Comfort made the right decision in using the Hyundai Ioniq Hyrbid instead of the Toyota Prius. With the new VES, Ioniq will be in Band A1 and the Prius drops to Band B, a difference of $30K between these 2!

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:22 AM

Fuzzylogic
  • Fuzzylogic
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

If you compare the EU6 and VES emissions standards, just to hit the neutral band in the VES would require a vehicle to significantly undercut the EU6 NOx emssions. The EU6 standard specifies 0.06g/km for petrol vehicles and 0.08g/km for diesels while VES requires 0.013-0.024 just to hit the neutral band. Hence, the odds are already stacked against current day models to meet the neutral band which are designed to meet the EU6 standard.

I'm rather dumbfounded as to how NEA came up with their figures since they deviate so much from recognizable global benchmarks like the EU6 emissions standard.

Attached Thumbnails

• VES.JPG
  • eu6.JPG

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: coe, car, ves, 2018

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)