• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

Vinceh
  • Premium member
    Vinceh
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Was rear ended. Clear-cut fault of the party as he did not stop and rammed into my vehicle. Did not experience any noticeable injury then. Took photos and exchanged contacr.

Wanted to keep it fuss free and private settle as the other party admitted full liability.

Reported to my insurance. Was told to bring car to any approved or preferred workshop with the Accident Report to process with the accident repair.

Today I am beginning to feel effects of whiplash. Havent seen a doctor yet. If medical is included with vehicle repair, I dun think can private settle as sum will be too big.

I am not familiar with accident claim. I heard workshop can do medical claims for the customer?

I just want some party to arrange all these for me. Also my car has been treated with 9H ceramic coating. After rear is repaired/replaced/sprayed, will recoating be included in repair?

Can someone recommend a workshop that can take care of this?

Edited by Vinceh, 17 November 2017 - 03:18 PM.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:23 PM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Was rear ended. Clear-cut fault of the party as he did not stop and rammed into my vehicle. Did not experience any noticeable injury then. Took photos and exchanged contacr.

Wanted to keep it fuss free and private settle as the other party admitted full liability.

Reported to my insurance. Was told to bring car to any approved or preferred workshop with the Accident Report to process with the accident repair.

Today I am beginning to feel effects of whiplash. Havent seen a doctor yet. If medical is included with vehicle repair, I dun think can private settle as sum will be too big.

I am not familiar with accident claim. I heard workshop can do medical claims for the customer?

I just want some party to arrange all these for me. Also my car has been treated with 9H ceramic coating. After rear is repaired/replaced/sprayed, will recoating be included in repair?

i dun think can private settle and claim inj at the same time.

to be safe , i advice u to make a report first,( within 24 hrs)

then decide wat u want to do 

Edited by Beregond, 17 November 2017 - 03:25 PM.

Pocy praised this

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

Vinceh
  • Premium member
    Vinceh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Already reported. Now looking for advice on which workshop who can handle personal and vehicle claims

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

Optramagnum
  • Premium member
    Optramagnum
    5th Gear
    Author Image

As we all are covered by different insurance companies, I can only advise that probably best way is to check with your list of authorised repair workshop under your insurance company.. Read on their reviews and decide which one to go.. Unless you opt for any workshops then you'll have wide variety to choose.

About medical claim, it must be thru your insurance.. And it is a lengthy process(months to a year) as it requires a comprehensive medical documentation to support your claim. No way for private settlement.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:59 PM

Vinceh
  • Premium member
    Vinceh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

As we all are covered by different insurance companies, I can only advise that probably best way is to check with your list of authorised repair workshop under your insurance company.. Read on their reviews and decide which one to go.. Unless you opt for any workshops then you'll have wide variety to choose.

About medical claim, it must be thru your insurance.. And it is a lengthy process(months to a year) as it requires a comprehensive medical documentation to support your claim. No way for private settlement.

for medical, Must be my insurance?
Or can I claim the other party's insurance?

Edited by Vinceh, 17 November 2017 - 06:08 PM.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:51 PM

Leo72
  • Leo72
    5th Gear
    Author Image

most 3rd party claim WS will be able to help you claim for medical and your car repair.

Tailgater and road hogger, please stay away from me. Queue cutter, please cut queue behind me.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:33 PM

Optramagnum
  • Premium member
    Optramagnum
    5th Gear
    Author Image

You can claim his/her insurance for medical. But regardless who's claiming who, insurance company only talks to insurance company.
Beregond praised this

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:42 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Coating usually cannot claim from insurance.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:02 PM

wpy
  • Premium member
    wpy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Already reported. Now looking for advice on which workshop who can handle personal and vehicle claims

I'm not sure if there's any requirement to make a police report if it involves injuries. You might want to just check on that.

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:47 AM

Vinceh
  • Premium member
    Vinceh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I'm not sure if there's any requirement to make a police report if it involves injuries. You might want to just check on that.

Insurer said that police report required if doctor gives 3 days or more of MC.
wpy praised this

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:44 AM

Playtime
  • Premium member
    Playtime
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Got rear ended last week by a 3 wheeled Singapore post bike.
Rear bumper bad scraped paint and dented.
Their insurance made appointment to inspect my veh.
Can they decide not to compensate if it's below excess etc? Or can my workshop proceed to replace and claim?

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:56 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You are claiming 3rd party. Your excess is not relevant.

Your workshop should proceed with the claim as its straight forward case let your them handle it.
Newbie26 praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users