Advice on Motor Accident Claim

Vinceh

Was rear ended. Clear-cut fault of the party as he did not stop and rammed into my vehicle. Did not experience any noticeable injury then. Took photos and exchanged contacr.

Wanted to keep it fuss free and private settle as the other party admitted full liability.

Reported to my insurance. Was told to bring car to any approved or preferred workshop with the Accident Report to process with the accident repair.

Today I am beginning to feel effects of whiplash. Havent seen a doctor yet. If medical is included with vehicle repair, I dun think can private settle as sum will be too big.

I am not familiar with accident claim. I heard workshop can do medical claims for the customer?

I just want some party to arrange all these for me. Also my car has been treated with 9H ceramic coating. After rear is repaired/replaced/sprayed, will recoating be included in repair?

Can someone recommend a workshop that can take care of this?

Edited by Vinceh
↡ Advertisement

Was rear ended. Clear-cut fault of the party as he did not stop and rammed into my vehicle. Did not experience any noticeable injury then. Took photos and exchanged contacr.

Wanted to keep it fuss free and private settle as the other party admitted full liability.

Reported to my insurance. Was told to bring car to any approved or preferred workshop with the Accident Report to process with the accident repair.

Today I am beginning to feel effects of whiplash. Havent seen a doctor yet. If medical is included with vehicle repair, I dun think can private settle as sum will be too big.

I am not familiar with accident claim. I heard workshop can do medical claims for the customer?

I just want some party to arrange all these for me. Also my car has been treated with 9H ceramic coating. After rear is repaired/replaced/sprayed, will recoating be included in repair?

i dun think can private settle and claim inj at the same time.

to be safe , i advice u to make a report first,( within 24 hrs)

then decide wat u want to do 

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 1

As we all are covered by different insurance companies, I can only advise that probably best way is to check with your list of authorised repair workshop under your insurance company.. Read on their reviews and decide which one to go.. Unless you opt for any workshops then you'll have wide variety to choose.

About medical claim, it must be thru your insurance.. And it is a lengthy process(months to a year) as it requires a comprehensive medical documentation to support your claim. No way for private settlement.

As we all are covered by different insurance companies, I can only advise that probably best way is to check with your list of authorised repair workshop under your insurance company.. Read on their reviews and decide which one to go.. Unless you opt for any workshops then you'll have wide variety to choose.

About medical claim, it must be thru your insurance.. And it is a lengthy process(months to a year) as it requires a comprehensive medical documentation to support your claim. No way for private settlement.

for medical, Must be my insurance?

Or can I claim the other party's insurance?

Edited by Vinceh

most 3rd party claim WS will be able to help you claim for medical and your car repair.

You can claim his/her insurance for medical. But regardless who's claiming who, insurance company only talks to insurance company.
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Coating usually cannot claim from insurance.

Already reported. Now looking for advice on which workshop who can handle personal and vehicle claims

I'm not sure if there's any requirement to make a police report if it involves injuries. You might want to just check on that.

I'm not sure if there's any requirement to make a police report if it involves injuries. You might want to just check on that.

Insurer said that police report required if doctor gives 3 days or more of MC.
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Got rear ended last week by a 3 wheeled Singapore post bike.

Rear bumper bad scraped paint and dented.

Their insurance made appointment to inspect my veh.

Can they decide not to compensate if it's below excess etc? Or can my workshop proceed to replace and claim?

You are claiming 3rd party. Your excess is not relevant.

Your workshop should proceed with the claim as its straight forward case let your them handle it.

• Praise 2

Dear Bros ... I need some advice. My Dad was involved in a HIt and Run accident. He was parked and when he returned to the car ... his entire front bumper was ripped off.

2 good Samaritans had taken pics and we have reported to the police. The police will be investigating. I need your help ...

1) I have reported to the police and I have been told by my insurance company that I need to claim on my policy first before they can go claim on the other insurance.

2) Is there a chance I will be out of pocket and I cannot claim on the other insurance company?

I also need your help to identify the company so that I can give them a call. 

post-68338-0-33394500-1547125054_thumb.jpg

post-68338-0-99520000-1547125128_thumb.jpg

Oh, normally, ownself claim ownself need to pay excess lor.

However, as it is not your papa fault, chances is good that there is no need to pay excess if the claim is successful. Your insurer will usually charge the excess in the bill.  Whether successful or not, it is not likely your NCD is affected lor.  

The biggest loss is that unlike claiming 3rd party, ownself claim ownself is different.  A tender is called and the lowest bid get to repair your car lor. Of course, if premium insurance like can go to own workshop, and of course, as the goat hair theorem say, your premium will go up.

As for calling the company, suggest you do not call the company lor, let the insurer settle lor. You may complicate matter lor.

If by the time your next renew is near and still pending, go bug your insurer lor.

Of course of course, many small small issue like unreliable witness, you say you park at 3pm, witness said seen the incident at 2pm la, affect your claim.

BTW, if you choose to claim 3rd party and unsuccessful, you cannot revert to ownself claim ownself de.

So relax, don't be too demanding, get car fix and wait for the good news.  Follow the flow lor.

Dear Bros ... I need some advice. My Dad was involved in a HIt and Run accident. He was parked and when he returned to the car ... his entire front bumper was ripped off.

2 good Samaritans had taken pics and we have reported to the police. The police will be investigating. I need your help ...

1) I have reported to the police and I have been told by my insurance company that I need to claim on my policy first before they can go claim on the other insurance.

2) Is there a chance I will be out of pocket and I cannot claim on the other insurance company?

Go & read up on hit and run thread.

In essence, wait for police investigation report.  With that report, claims against culprit insurance.

If culprit insurance pattern, report to MAS.

Years ago, my car was hit when parked in my HDB car park. Made a police report (due to it being hit-and-run), and towed it to the AD for repair. Since the culprit was unknown, I had to claim my own insurance.

A neighbour contacted me to tell me she saw the culprit hit my car at around 10-11am. It belonged to one of the residents there. That night, I printed a few "witness wanted" flyers and stuck it at the windscreen of the culprit's vehicle, and a few vehicles around his. I went to amend the police report to include the offending vehicle's VRN.

To cut a long story short, I later found out that he had made a police report (not sure whether he was scared of being reported by witnesses after seeing my note). I was able to claim from his insurance and the case was settled after six months.

• Praise 2

Years ago, my car was hit when parked in my HDB car park. Made a police report (due to it being hit-and-run), and towed it to the AD for repair. Since the culprit was unknown, I had to claim my own insurance.

A neighbour contacted me to tell me she saw the culprit hit my car at around 10-11am. It belonged to one of the residents there. That night, I printed a few "witness wanted" flyers and stuck it at the windscreen of the culprit's vehicle, and a few vehicles around his. I went to amend the police report to include the offending vehicle's VRN.

To cut a long story short, I later found out that he had made a police report (not sure whether he was scared of being reported by witnesses after seeing my note). I was able to claim from his insurance and the case was settled after six months.

Dear Beng2, Thanx for the advice. Insurance was telling me that if the other party did not make report claiming from them would have taken ages. Thank god he reported to his insurance!

I just found out that "Hit and Run" is a criminal offence so I'd have thought the TP will chase the chap ... or maybe just too naive.