Uncle Terry's Home-cooking Journey

Terrylmt

Just sharing some of the food that I cook in me and my family's home-cooking journey...

To kick things off, thought I would go with my family & friend famous roast pork meant for special occasions and upon special requests only..

Takes me about 18 hours to finish, including the waiting & cooking times... I like the fresh pork belly from the butcher's because frozen pork tends to have a slight acrid aftertaste after you keep it overnight. Cost is higher, but the taste is much better in my opinion.

Hey, only the best for my loved ones right?

We start with cleaning the roast pork followed by a quick brine it.. this is how it looks like after the brine...

roastpork-1.JPG

Then we go through a second process of marinating it overnight with the spices and seasonings... this is how it looks like after the overnight marination process...

roastpork-2.JPG

We proceed to pierce holes using either an ice-pick or the "skin-poker" tool - depending on the thickness of the skin - and then do the salt-bake process... This is before we pop it into the oven for the salt bake...

roastpork-3.JPG

... this is what it looks like after the salt bake... and after we scrape off the salt before returning it into the oven for a second bake...

roastpork-4.JPG

roastpork-5.JPG

We return the pork into the oven for a final bake, rotating it every 45 minutes and wiping off excess fat that oozes from the top...

roastpork-6.JPG

Hope you enjoyed this first post...

With love,

Uncle Terry

Whats the marinating recipe?

Whats the marinating recipe?

Shaoxing wine, superior light soy, water, brown sugar, Chinese five-spice, juniper berries, cracked black pepper, bay leaves, cloves, crushed cardamom, crushed fresh garlic coriander seeds and cumin all mixed together

哈哈哈 不知道是谁的菊花 uncle Terry?  :D  

哇塞 你们在种花啊?怎么搞的?咱们这儿正在讨论吃的耶。嘻嘻嘻

• Praise 3

Coming soon. Been sick then now busy with work. Should be quite free in about 12 hours' time.

Edited by Terrylmt
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1