What exactly is a sports car?

kobayashiGT

Very weird hor. When it comes to car women do not care about interior but just exterior. When it comes to men its the other way round sometimes.

But when it comes to looking for wife/husband, men tend to look at exterior while women value interior more (sometimes also what's inside the man's bank account haha).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hairdressers car

Hairdressers Car

A car that is most likely being driven by a homosexual - like an Audi TT

A small 'sports car' (I use the term sports car loosely), featuring an underpowered engine. Predominantly owned by girls & 'metro' boys. Has more show than go. examples include: celica, mx-5, s2000. occupants of these vehicles invariably buy them because they are "stylish" not because of any performance or convenience factors. Often garners the argument "i'd beat you in corners" or "its not a hairdressers car! its a sports car!" the st205 celica was nominated hairdressers choice in 1996.

A metrosexual car, usually a soft top, also driven by men going through a midlife crisis or compensating for something. A navy Mercedes SLK is a brilliant example.

Any two-seated sports car that is clearly aspirational in its ownership. For example a Mazda MX5 or a BMW Z3.

• Praise 3

this one?

attachicon.gif694380_1b.jpg

This one still ok lah (look department), got the coupe look and it top can be dropped. I ever encounter people telling me these few are sport car, and I shook my head till they ask me if I am on ecstasy... [shakehead]  [shakehead]  [shakehead]

autowp.ru_lada_113_1.jpegautowp.ru_hyundai_coupe_91.jpegautowp.ru_nissan_sunny_rz-1_1.jpeg

And the champion got to be this one, Daewoo Racer! The name make it sounds very fast, can chiong one... ... :D

autowp.ru_daewoo_racer_2.jpeg

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 5

But when it comes to looking for wife/husband, men tend to look at exterior while women value interior more (sometimes also what's inside the man's bank account haha).

Exactly lah. So poles apart. Edited by Andyngps
  • Praise 1

Some girls don't care one. My wife used to say she liked the Tuscani more than the Evo X or even the GTR. Cuz Tuscani is a 2 door sports car but the evo and gtr all 4 doors and family car. Even after she knew the Tuscani is slow and a hyundai, she still say Tuscani better.

This thread is 6 years too late.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2664545-rx8-or-tuscani/

Internal Moderator

Did the girls sit in your car? Haha. I am pretty sure with 600bhp, their body cannot make it. 

yes, alot of people dont think that WRX/EVO are sports cars.

In fact , most female and non car guys think that it is a just normal car like your Altis/Lancer.

I used to drive a 600bhp STI and my group of friends were driving RX8, Z4, MRS, MX5 and a S2k.

We planned a road trip to KL, you know what two of the girls in the group say to me ?

They were worried for me and advised me to hitch a ride with the others as they were afraid i cant keep up with the sports cars.

I think the main difference between a sports car and normal car is the opposite needs which these two types of vehicles were designed to fill. Sports cars are built for speed, high manoeuvrability, stability, agility, nimble handling and spirited performance. These vehicles are great at satisfying a very specific need – the need for speed, and they perform poorly in most other aspects (e.g. fuel economy, passenger capacity, maintenance costs). But then again they weren’t designed as perfect all-purpose vehicles in the first place

A Beng spork car starts with a normal B&B model.

- replace exhaust tip with Milo tin can

- add cosmetic spoilers and diffusers all over

- replace brakes to Brembo-lookalike,painted red

- change to more garang steering wheel & gear stick

- affix dud boost meters on top of dash

- paste plenty plenty go-faster stickers on car body

- maybe puncture some slots/holes on bonnet

- respray the whole dang car in bright red and/or black

Walla!!!

A spork car he now has!!!

• Praise 4

Walla!!!

hoooiii [mad] dun anyhow say ah...

Tums have changed.

Wait our hiadees poke you with their GLA/CLA/GLE/GLC/GCC/GCB/GBA/GLB/CCB/CGN then you know ah. [drivingcar]

We upgrade already. Conti is our game now. You can confirm in our ABD annual report. [scholar]

Or ... solli solli
  • Praise 1

Walla!!!

post-158018-0-48034000-1511586114.jpg