Chryst, this is for you

Tianmo

All I can say is that I started the AMA thread. And let's just say that I didn't practice thread-ownership. 

We are here to make friends and share knowledge, Why I cannot help out a fellow MCF member who cannot start her own thread? 

And yes, it is in lite and ez, we definitely welcome TCSS kinda thread. @pchou and I find it sexist, that why we decided to close the thread.

This is after a discussion involved. I also personally thinks that the presence of @chryst did spice up our forum. But regardless of anything, I have a monthly viewership of 500,000 page view. Not all thinks that way right? 

We are all humans, my judgement may not be the same as you all. I may be wrong closing the thread. Please feel free to challenge me. I accept all challenges in a positive way. I see this as widening my views. 

As I am representing my company who is managing this forum, I have larger concerns than you all. My work here is to make sure that MCF is a conducive place to hangout. And of cuz, I would like to have a few more female members to join us onboard. I am still single you know. haha. 

Is all good. I am good. And I hope when you read finish this, you are good too! 

Hmmm...

I think you have did your part as a mod to keep this forum relevant, especially at times like this where half of the mods are retired and there is only a handful left to manage this big forum with so many members. There are forums out there where the mods don't even give a hoot of what went wrong inside the forum and correct the problems.

Actually I don't really know the purpose of the previous thread and almost totally gave up reading after the first few pages. As a public forum, I think it will be better if the topic can be broad based and general rather than just focusing on a person, especially if the person has really done nothing wrong in the forum and to the forumers. 

However as a suggestion to the mod, probably you can take a less drastic approach first rather than just closing the thread. What I suggest that you could have done is to rename the thread to a broader perspective but still related to the specialty of the person involved. Since she is more knowledgeable in beauty and grooming, maybe the topic can be renamed as "Beauty and grooming tips, and how to make yourself look good", for example.

Anyway, from my knowledge or my short stay in this forum for the past year, you are probably not as engaged in the forum before the change in mods recently, as compared to the previous moderators like RadX and Jman888. They have mingled with the crowds more for the past years and know what the other forumers want, or what they are up to. Correct me if I am wrong.

However since the change, I have seen you more active here, which is a good thing for you mods whom took over to be more engaging. Things just changed recently, and so it must be pretty challenging to be the new generation of mods to be as good as the old ones, but it's a good learning curve for you too.   

• Praise 9

Hmmm...

I think you have did your part as a mod to keep this forum relevant, especially at times like this where half of the mods are retired and there is only a handful left to manage this big forum with so many members. There are forums out there where the mods don't even give a hoot of what went wrong inside the forum and correct the problems.

Actually I don't really know the purpose of the previous thread and almost totally gave up reading after the first few pages. As a public forum, I think it will be better if the topic can be broad based and general rather than just focusing on a person, especially if the person has really done nothing wrong in the forum and to the forumers. 

However as a suggestion to the mod, probably you can take a less drastic approach first rather than just closing the thread. What I suggest that you could have done is to rename the thread to a broader perspective but still related to the specialty of the person involved. Since she is more knowledgeable in beauty and grooming, maybe the topic can be renamed as "Beauty and grooming tips, and how to make yourself look good", for example.

Anyway, from my knowledge or my short stay in this forum for the past year, you are probably not as engaged in the forum before the change in mods recently, as compared to the previous moderators like RadX and Jman888. They have mingled with the crowds more for the past years and know what the other forumers want, or what they are up to. Correct me if I am wrong.

However since the change, I have seen you more active here, which is a good thing for you mods whom took over to be more engaging. Things just changed recently, and so it must be pretty challenging to be the new generation of mods to be as good as the old ones, but it's a good learning curve for you too.   

Koba and Pchou are paid staff...  radx and jman are forummers who are helping foc out of the goodness of their hearts... 

juz saying.... 

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator

Hi bro. Thanks alot! I appreciate the advise. (: 

What done cannot be undone now. But I will listen to your advise of renaming the thread in the future. It make sense. The purpose is to make it relevant.

Thanks for your input! Deeply appreciated. 

Hmmm...

Haha. I won't deny that I receive pay from my coy. But for MCF, the contributions and commitment to make this a better place is also coming out of the goodness of my heart.  [flowerface]

Koba and Pchou are paid staff...  radx and jman are forummers who are helping foc out of the goodness of their hearts... 

juz saying.... 

Haha. I won't deny that I receive pay from my coy. But for MCF, the contributions and commitment to make this a better place is also coming out of the goodness of my heart.  [flowerface]

ah... looks like i could have worded that wrongly.... my bad... 

of cus highlighted is true la...   and u dont look 40 hor...  

of cus highlighted is true la... and u dont look 40 hor...

Are you serious? Koba is 40? Unbelievable, from pic looks like a young boy,at most late 20s

Thot he is about same age as our goddess

Internal Moderator

haha. You meeting us tmr? I am on my Movember month leh. Raising awareness for prostate cancer. 

post-137774-0-45458000-1511311916_thumb.jpg

Old anot. haha... 

of cus highlighted is true la...   and u dont look 40 hor...  

Hahha. Smile more and worry less. (: 

And I think beer and whiskey helps in maintaining my youth. That's the only 2 things I have been downing into my body. haha. 

Are you serious? Koba is 40? Unbelievable, from pic looks like a young boy,at most late 20s

Thot he is about same age as our goddess

• Praise 3

haha. You meeting us tmr? I am on my Movember month leh. Raising awareness for prostate cancer.

attachicon.gifunnamed.jpg

Old anot. haha...

And I think beer and whiskey helps in maintaining my youth. That's the only 2 things I have been downing into my body. haha.

Wah your pic is very big and clear, hahaha

Eh why u start to grow goatie and mustache liao

Beer cannot leh later get beer belly [sweatdrop]

Whiskey hard to swallow... Got any other secrets or not

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

I grow mustache is for a good clause. Every November I will just leave my mustache hanging so to raise awareness about prostate cancer. 

Hahaha. I have no other secrets alrd. haha. Drink moderately lor. I drink alot of oolong tea & coffee also. haha. 

attachicon.gifunnamed.jpg

Old anot. haha... 

early morning post 大头照   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

Koba has expressed clearly our concern on the particular AMA thread & there are not only male readers in this forum.

Please refer again to our forum guidelines for inappropriate discussions. http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2694634-inappropriate-content-and-discussions/?do=findComment&comment=5182629

All I can say is that I started the AMA thread. And let's just say that I didn't practice thread-ownership. 

We are here to make friends and share knowledge, Why I cannot help out a fellow MCF member who cannot start her own thread? 

And yes, it is in lite and ez, we definitely welcome TCSS kinda thread. @pchou and I find it sexist, that why we decided to close the thread.

This is after a discussion involved. I also personally thinks that the presence of @chryst did spice up our forum. But regardless of anything, I have a monthly viewership of 500,000 page view. Not all thinks that way right? 

We are all humans, my judgement may not be the same as you all. I may be wrong closing the thread. Please feel free to challenge me. I accept all challenges in a positive way. I see this as widening my views. 

As I am representing my company who is managing this forum, I have larger concerns than you all. My work here is to make sure that MCF is a conducive place to hangout. And of cuz, I would like to have a few more female members to join us onboard. I am still single you know. haha. 

Is all good. I am good. And I hope when you read finish this, you are good too! 

Internal Moderator

Haha. Scare you miss me mah. 

early morning post 大头照   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

Haha. no other secret alrd. Actually most of the ppl here looks young and vibrant. Maybe is because if this forum, the secret of youth. hahaha. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1