Chryst's Beauty Boudoir - Chit Chat, Ask & Be Asked

chryst

Welcome to my virtual home! 

After all the hoo-ha, here I finally am with my own thread. My name is Chryst, and I am your self-proclaimed MCF beauty guru.

In my boudoir, let me dispense my expertise *cough* about

• any beauty concerns* you might have
  • present-buying advice
  • female psyche insights

But my opinions are solely my own, and you shouldn't apply them wholesale to the female of your choice.

*Please go see a doctor if you have a serious condition because I am most definitely not a doctor.

To make things easier to search for/look at, I'll be linking queries in this first post so anybody can easily access them. Unfortunately, my previous thread is dead so I will repeat those past questions in full here. Please feel free to either post your question in this thread or send them to me via PM. I will edit and truncate your PM and reply it anonymously here. A little extra information never hurt anybody.

And just cos this is my home, the entry fee is feeding my insatiable curiousity. From time to time, I'll be asking weird questions too. When there are no more questions to be asked, let's just have a nice time chitchatting.

(Virtual) food & drinks on your left, lounges on your right. The exit is just a click away. Enjoy your stay.

General Skin Care

Basic skincare all men need: Facial wash, sunblock/sunscreen, moisturizer

Tested Korean skincare brands that's not bad: Laneige, belif, Iope, Sulwhasoo, Dr Jart+

Skin Problems

To calm rosacea: Clinique Redness Solutions Daily, La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water Mist

Hair Care

To delay hair loss: Pantene Hair Strength Tonic (personal favourite) or apply fresh aloe vera daily

Botox

Cost: Legally this cannot be advertised, so PM me!

Clinics I've gone to and think are okay: Prive, Astique and EHA

Where I usually go and the cost: Milan Clinic at Huai Kwang, Bangkok. Approx SGD$300 for 7 areas

*waves* to @jamesc, @Terrylmt, @kdash, @Theoldjaffa, @Tianmo ... sorry I can't remember everybody. Housewarming party!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9
  • Dislike 1

First to sarpork

Anyway.. how do you solve T-zone oil issues? For men of course.

hello grampa, you are my first victim patient! first of all, i will assume you have combination skin since you specifically said t-zone and not oily skin.

rule #1 for any type oily skin at all: do not overwash. the more you wash, the more sebum(oil) your face produces. twice a day is good enough. splashing your face with water and drying it off would be considered washing too.

suspicion #2: you are probably using the wrong kind of cleanser, if any. a bar of soap is not a cleanser. you should be using a gentle non-comedogenic cleanser. most basic loreal facial foams are okay to use, but i personally like laneige's multi cleanser and SK-II's treatment gentle cleanser.

I like the part where u said "exit is just a click away"

• Praise 2

hello grampa, you are my first victim patient! first of all, i will assume you have combination skin since you specifically said t-zone and not oily skin.

rule #1 for any type oily skin at all: do not overwash. the more you wash, the more sebum(oil) your face produces. twice a day is good enough. splashing your face with water and drying it off would be considered washing too.

suspicion #2: you are probably using the wrong kind of cleanser, if any. a bar of soap is not a cleanser. you should be using a gentle non-comedogenic cleanser. most basic loreal facial foams are okay to use, but i personally like laneige's multi cleanser and SK-II's treatment gentle cleanser.

Any cheaper alternative? I usually buy from NTUC.

Welcome to my virtual home! 

After all the hoo-ha, here I finally am with my own thread. My name is Chryst, and I am your self-proclaimed MCF beauty guru.

In my boudoir, let me dispense my expertise *cough* about

• any beauty concerns* you might have
  • present-buying advice
  • female psyche insights

But my opinions are solely my own, and you shouldn't apply them wholesale to the female of your choice.

*Please go see a doctor if you have a serious condition because I am most definitely not a doctor.

To make things easier to search for/look at, I'll be linking queries in this first post so anybody can easily access them. Unfortunately, my previous thread is dead so I will repeat those past questions in full here. Please feel free to either post your question in this thread or send them to me via PM. I will edit and truncate your PM and reply it anonymously here. A little extra information never hurt anybody.

And just cos this is my home, the entry fee is feeding my insatiable curiousity. From time to time, I'll be asking weird questions too. When there are no more questions to be asked, let's just have a nice time chitchatting.

(Virtual) food & drinks on your left, lounges on your right. The exit is just a click away. Enjoy your stay.

Sorry, noob did not realise main post cannot be edited. Moving directory here instead.

General Skin Care

Basic skincare all men need: Facial wash, sunblock/sunscreen, moisturizer

Tested Korean skincare brands that's not bad: Laneige, belif, Iope, Sulwhasoo, Dr Jart+

Oily skin: Treatment

Face Masks: Can do mask every other day. Just find the correct one that suits your skin type.  (contributed by Rainbowbiatch)

Skin Problems

To calm rosacea: Clinique Redness Solutions Daily, La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water Mist

Hair Care

To delay hair loss: Pantene Hair Strength Tonic (personal favourite), apply fresh aloe vera daily, Growell (contributed by Terrylmt)

Botox

Cost: Legally this cannot be advertised, so PM me!

Clinics I've gone to and think are okay: Prive, Astique and EHA

Where I usually go and the cost: Milan Clinic at Huai Kwang, Bangkok. Approx SGD$300 for 7 areas

Edited by chryst

I just tried out the SKII cleanser ........ kind of dry after wash ... not good for me ,

Sorry, noob did not realise main post cannot be edited. Moving directory here instead.

can but need mod mode  , ask @kobayashigt to help  :D

Later got people complain and get this thread lock again then u know.

no reason to if everything is kept clean. welcome here!

In da house

Edited by chryst

Can make recommendations bo???

For folks with hair loss problems, I recommend Growell products available at Guardian, Unity and Watson's too... Singapore company that is actually OEM for Regaine...

For folks with hair loss problems, I recommend Growell products available at Guardian, Unity and Watson's too... Singapore company that is actually OEM for Regaine...

recommendations are more than welcome. one girl can only try so many products you know. i'm not sure if it'll be considered "advertising" but the IB/mods will be here quite quickly if so lets consider it acceptable until we cannot.

(did you just admit you're balding... [:p] )

Edited by chryst

How about undereye gel for fine lines? I got sensitive skin so only gel kind is suitable.

Cc: @tianmo bcoz of u, i cry everynight until got wrinkles 了.

But im serious about the under eye gel recommendations.

• Praise 2

Does Alpecin work? Or nothing works for me anymore since I'm so old Liao.
↡ Advertisement