Chryst's Beauty Boudoir - Chit Chat, Ask & Be Asked

chryst

Go Tangs Orchard and get this. If not can get at airport DFS. One bottle can last you 2 months or so.

http://m.labseries.com.sg/?q=spp&args=1125

Thanks bro. Do they cost alot?

I'm retired liao, no income. Can't afford to buy expensive stuff.

Anyway my old wrinkled face don't need too atas stuff. Just something cheap to wash off and reduce oil can liao

Welcome to my virtual home! 

After all the hoo-ha, here I finally am with my own thread. My name is Chryst, and I am your self-proclaimed MCF beauty guru.

In my boudoir, let me dispense my expertise *cough* about

• any beauty concerns* you might have
  • present-buying advice
  • female psyche insights

But my opinions are solely my own, and you shouldn't apply them wholesale to the female of your choice.

*Please go see a doctor if you have a serious condition because I am most definitely not a doctor.

To make things easier to search for/look at, I'll be linking queries in this first post so anybody can easily access them. Unfortunately, my previous thread is dead so I will repeat those past questions in full here. Please feel free to either post your question in this thread or send them to me via PM. I will edit and truncate your PM and reply it anonymously here. A little extra information never hurt anybody.

And just cos this is my home, the entry fee is feeding my insatiable curiousity. From time to time, I'll be asking weird questions too. When there are no more questions to be asked, let's just have a nice time chitchatting.

(Virtual) food & drinks on your left, lounges on your right. The exit is just a click away. Enjoy your stay.

Sorry, noob did not realise main post cannot be edited. Moving directory here instead.

General Skin Care

Basic skincare all men need: Facial wash, sunblock/sunscreen, moisturizer

Tested Korean skincare brands that's not bad: Laneige, belif, Iope, Sulwhasoo, Dr Jart+

Oily skin: Treatment, Lab Series For Men (contributed by Mason016)

Face Masks: Can do mask every other day. Just find the correct one that suits your skin type.  (contributed by Rainbowbiatch)

Skin Problems

To calm rosacea: Clinique Redness Solutions Daily, La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water Mist

Hair Care

To delay hair loss: Pantene Hair Strength Tonic (personal favourite), apply fresh aloe vera daily, Growell (contributed by Terrylmt)

Botox

Cost: Legally this cannot be advertised, so PM me!

Clinics I've gone to and think are okay: Prive, Astique and EHA

Where I usually go and the cost: Milan Clinic at Huai Kwang, Bangkok. Approx SGD$300 for 7 areas

Anyway my old wrinkled face don't need too atas stuff. Just something cheap to wash off and reduce oil can liao ð

I think it was 35 bucks or so. Can't remember. I buy to stock when Tangs got their 12% rebate. Its not atas. Its effective, designed for men, works and saves you lots of trial and error.
  • Praise 5

Anyway my old wrinkled face don't need too atas stuff. Just something cheap to wash off and reduce oil can liao

I like the part where u said "exit is just a click away" ð¤

To add on, can do mask every other day. Man n woman alike. Just find the correct one that suits your skin type.

Does cheap and good goes together?

I bought my stuffs from those medical hall or supermarket.

Any advice?

• Praise 1

@chryst How long does the botox usually last?

Any advice?

Medical hall can buy pearl powder. And eat them daily. Supermarket oso can. Can buy aloe vera, cut and and apply on skin as moisturiser.. Edited by Rainbowbiatch
  • Praise 1

How long does the botox usually last?

Medical hall can buy pearl powder. And eat them daily. Supermarket oso can. Can buy aloe vera, cut and and apply on skin as moisturiser..

I heard around 6 mth
  • Praise 5

Medical hall can buy pearl powder. And eat them daily. Supermarket oso can. Can buy aloe vera, cut and and apply on skin as moisturiser..

What about cucumber?

I mean like those so called natural skin care product.

Don't really like these chemical enhanced products.

• Praise 1

What about cucumber?

That one is chikin rice stall use as garnish. If u dun mind, can take them n put in the fridge for about an hour. After tat put it on ur eyes to reduce puffiness.
  • Praise 1

How about undereye gel for fine lines? I got sensitive skin so only gel kind is suitable.

Cc: @tianmo bcoz of u, i cry everynight until got wrinkles äº.

But im serious about the under eye gel recommendations. ð

Not really a gel but a very light creme - my go to is Loreal's Revitalift Laser X3 Anti-Aging Transforming Eye Cream. I was sponsored this before the launch many years ago and still faithfully pay for it now. Story:

You know how some girls get lines on their eyelids after prolonged use of eyelid tape and falsies? I was developing a nice set of double eyelids... yay! Used this for about 3 weeks, twice daily and ALL. THE. LINES. DISAPPEARED.

They haven't returned.

Any advice?

Skincare doesn't have to be expensive to be good. As long as it works for you, why not?
  • Praise 2

Is there any truth to what I heard in MCF

That serum with high protein concentration is actually good for the skin?

Or is this just old wives tale

I heard around 6 mth

You "heard"

For first timer - anywhere from 9months to a year plus. For repeated usage, can maintain up to two years.

If you're a smoker, first time 6-9mths and after that a year plus to two years. (I smoke.)

What about cucumber?

Totally natural skincare products have their own set of believers and non believers. For things like cucumber for puffy eyes, a used teabag will work much, much better.

There's a healthy organic brand that I've reviewed called bSoul. It worked wonders for most people except me. What it does is normalise your skin back to its original condition and amplifies the goodness. It didn't work for me cos I used chemicals for too long and it interfered with my birth control pills.

Of course, anything "healthy" would cost a lot more. I'm not too confident in recommending natural products though.

Anyway my old wrinkled face don't need too atas stuff. Just something cheap to wash off and reduce oil can liao ð

I wash my face with shampoo while washing hair at the same time

My wife says it's bad for my skin

I don't think so leh

• Praise 1

Is there any truth to what I heard in MCF

That serum with high protein concentration is actually good for the skin?

Or is this just old wives tale

You "heard" ð

Yes and no depending on what your protein is. Collagen is one of the most important proteins for skin health.

I wash my face with shampoo while washing hair at the same time

My wife says it's bad for my skin

I don't think so leh

ITS BAD!!!!! The most immediate effect is that your shampoo will strip your skin's natural moisture.

For first timer - anywhere from 9months to a year plus. For repeated usage, can maintain up to two years.

If you're a smoker, first time 6-9mths and after that a year plus to two years. (I smoke.)

Totally natural skincare products have their own set of believers and non believers. For things like cucumber for puffy eyes, a used teabag will work much, much better.

There's a healthy organic brand that I've reviewed called bSoul. It worked wonders for most people except me. What it does is normalise your skin back to its original condition and amplifies the goodness. It didn't work for me cos I used chemicals for too long and it interfered with my birth control pills.

Of course, anything "healthy" would cost a lot more. I'm not too confident in recommending natural products though.

Painful ornot har?
  • Praise 1

in theory if you keep all organs in working proper condition you can live forever and young.

these products aids but are skin deep.

real experts maybe are people like radx.

:p

↡ Advertisement