Does anyone bother using tiptronic?

Soya

I only used it once on the expressway. Not anymore coz scared damage gearbox. ð

The auto will still do the shifting bro. Won't make any diff la.

My other reason is too troublesome having to shift too many gears manually machiam like bicycle

↡ Advertisement

ya agree...the 6dsg is really lazy in D mode and always a gear or 2 too high

S mode is too aggressive on the other hand

:wacko:

Good point there. Next time I would put it to non D mode upon reaching bend and see now it goes.

And among all the cars w tiptronic stick, surprised only bmw n mazda got the + / - positions correct

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Tiptronic is refer to shifting with Gearstick,now,most Cars got paddle shift behind the steering,paddle shift is easier.

acherly, Tiptronic refer to Porsche's registered trademark, but is commonly used to refer to auto (torque converter) transmissions which allow the driver to change gears manually via stick/button/paddles/etc.

• Praise 1

I can never comprehend and get use to Beemer way of down shifting with the gear stick pushing up.

Should not it be shifting it downwards the more logical way?

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I can never comprehend and get use to Beemer way of down shifting with the gear stick pushing up.

the following is most logical:

1st, 3rd & 5th push up/forwards.

2nd, 4th & Reverse pull down/back.  :grin:

Edited by Eyke

I find pulling back to upshift completely natural. Just like how u accelerate and upshift from 1st to 2nd.

Similarly downshifting by pushing up mimicks 4th to 3rd

• Praise 1

I use only when going down slope or when wanting to change up to keep the rev low.

I would just step on the pedal if I want to accelerate fast. Or put it to "S".   Pick up is decent enough by doing this.

• Praise 1

my wife doesn't know our car has such function and activated the manual mode accidentally while waiting for the lights

then she called me at the road side said the car is spoilt, said the engine chiong all the way to red light but the car was not going very fast...

Edited by Phang
  • Praise 10

my wife doesn't know our car has such function and activated the manual mode accidentally while waiting for the lights

then she called me at the road side said the car is spoilt, said the engine chiong all the way to red light but the car was not going very fast...

i kena-ed this before too, when i just got my licence. panicked and had to stop the car by the roadside to change back to auto...

• Praise 1

ya agree...the 6dsg is really lazy in D mode and always a gear or 2 too high

S mode is too aggressive on the other hand

:wacko:

There was once I stayed on S gear mode from tampines to the west on my GTI. Only managed to hit 3rd gear in expressway most of the time and momentarily 4th gear. It was a terrible ride experience. Not practical at all for normal drive except for the occasional short sprint.

Tiptronic is useful when going downward spiral entry to expressway using engine braking.

• Praise 1

There was once I stayed on S gear mode from tampines to the west on my GTI. Only managed to hit 3rd gear in expressway most of the time and momentarily 4th gear. It was a terrible ride experience. Not practical at all for normal drive except for the occasional short sprint.

Tiptronic is useful when going downward spiral entry to expressway using engine braking.

dsg tune?

black friday sale now you know?

[sly]  :D

I seldom or rarely use it for current car. No need downshift to overtake. Just step harder. The accelerator has a two step function. When stepped all the way down, the car zoom very fast, very scary. All 390Nm down the front wheel.

Previous cars used to use it for overtaking. Maybe cos previous cars not that powerful.

• Praise 1

Mine is on the so call Sports or manual shifting. It make the car more powerful especially when you shift to 3rd gear and depress your accelerator. But I only use it twice, one to try it and the other to demo to my friend who aks a lot when sit in my car. Normal driving never use cos I am a soft driver.

Seldom use the manual mode as the +/- is in the wrong direction, only BMW and mazda seem to get it right. Occasional use for going up/down steep slopes.

And full throttle in D mode seems to shift faster than doing it myself. Weird.

Mine is on the so call Sports or manual shifting. It make the car more powerful especially when you shift to 3rd gear and depress your accelerator. But I only use it twice, one to try it and the other to demo to my friend who aks a lot when sit in my car. Normal driving never use cos I am a soft driver.

Soft footer, you mean?  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement