Optional re-registration of NRICs

Kb27

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/optional-re-registration-of-nrics-for-those-born-before-1962-9431272

SINGAPORE: From next year, Singapore citizens and permanent residents born before 1962 will have the option of re-registering their National Registration Identity Card (NRIC), the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority said in a press statement on Thursday (Nov 23).

Currently, Singapore citizens and permanent residents must register for their NRICs at age 15. They must then re-register when they turn 30 and 55. Through these exercises, applicants are issued with new NRICs bearing their most recent photographs, thereby improving identification as they grow older.

Citizens and permanent residents born before 1962 were not covered in the mandatory re-registration of NRIC at age 55, which came into effect on January this year. That exercise affected those born on or after Jan 1, 1962.

This new optional exercise will allow those born before 1962 and who have not replaced their NRICs in the last 10 years to do so.

Eligible parties will receive a notification letter, the authority said.

A subsidised fee of S$10 for Singapore citizens and S$50 for permanent residents will apply to those who re-register within one year from the date of the notification letter. Thereafter, the full fee of S$60 will apply.

wtf is this ?

want your money again.

oh and it's "optional".

↡ Advertisement

wtf is this ?

want your money again.

oh and it's "optional".

Where got want money again, it's optional leh. If want just go make new one lor, don't want make new one also okay MA.

Maybe authorities note that there are some elderly whose face features do not look like what is on the IC and the IC is already super old. So to ensure it is the correct person when checking of IC. So give it an option for elderly to make new IC at cost of 10bucks to at least cover for the cost of the material and etc for the IC.

It's optional, but you must pay $10

But They must then re-register when they turn 30 and 55.

OPTIONAL but MUST

• Praise 1

It's optional, but you must pay $10

But They must then re-register when they turn 30 and 55.

OPTIONAL but MUST

Optional for those born before 1962 leh.

As we already know, it is a must to change IC when turn 30 and 55 leh.

Supercharged

why would anyone wanna go and change when u have to pay?

unless they dunno who they are and needed updated IC to remind themselves?

Optional la. If you think your IC photo you not handsome enough, then pay $10 to go and change lor.

If you think you handsome enough then no need to pay and change la.

Walau eh, my ic chui liao. I tot I wait until I reached 55 to go make free ic. Knn..:a-bang:

boss, you can change soon haha... all the while, change of ic is not free right...

boss, you can change soon haha... all the while, change of ic is not free right...

Not free also don't need $60 buck leh. I go do my airport pass only $14. Peh peh gut gut. Kei chi par tut

Why a piece of plastic card need $10 and $60? If for National Identification, it should be free. Money no enough?

there are many ways for the garment to make money...

Why a piece of plastic card need $10 and $60?  If for National Identification, it should be free.  Money no enough?

Everything need money here de, garment where got so good. Even they give you free things, they will still eventually take it back from somewhere. Cause they have no empathy for people.  [rolleyes]

Wah lao.....sscsbb correct sia......complainer lar you all....! Who here born before 1962 and is given this option? 1962 is already 55 this year and need to change......those born earlier would already change liao or just to lazy to change and gov so nice to ask oni for $10.....cant even buy my Marlboros...

Can huat $50k coe but 10 bucks also must count....

Edited by Eviilusion

My IC cracked due to having it in my wallet with other cards.

Don't feel like paying Ah gong more money...so I used scotchtape....unglam but so is my IC photo... :D

Holding up well for last 3 years...just need to change the scotchtape once :D

• Praise 1

And if you loose your NRIC, it's $100 for 1st replacement and $300 for 2nd.

So ?

I don't carry my NRIC around, unless I need it to borrow money from banks.

Your driving licence is accepted in many place that needs a photo ID.

↡ Advertisement