NCD Protection

Sdf4786k

Anyone here bought NCD protection for their cars and what does it NOT cover ?

If kanna Flash flood, can you ownself claim and show proof and still be protected?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Technically it should cover whatever ur existing insurance covers, the coverage is to Ensure your ncd stays protected on the chance ur ncd gets impacted u claim whatever it may be so you need to check your original insurance document.

That said I thought flood listed under acts of god? Not sure but can claim one?

• Praise 1

Technically it should cover whatever ur existing insurance covers, the coverage is to Ensure your ncd stays protected on the chance ur ncd gets impacted u claim whatever it may be so you need to check your original insurance document.

That said I thought flood listed under acts of god? Not sure but can claim one?

NTUC can.

but this aside, how many times can one's NCD be protected ?

eg, if Mr.X bought a policy with protector, he pays $600+60 = $660

if he kenah accident, what will his next premium like ?

then suay suay again, two years later he kenah accident again, then how much ?

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 2

I'm covered by dir**tasia.. NCD protector only applicable to 50% NCD.. Up to one claim per year of insurance.. Need to read the fine prints to understand. Otherwise, call the hotline for clarification, ask for the name of the staff you speak to before you end your call.

• Praise 3

I am with MSIG

But not sure this if there is an act of god, how to claim

All of us know, 50 years comes and go is like a flash. And hence called flash flood.

Edited by Sdf4786k

I am with MSIG

But not sure this if there is an act of god, how to claim

All of us know, 50 years comes and go is like a flash. And hence called flash flood.

Check the fineprint, very sure no coverage for ponding
  • Praise 1

As a matter of facts, Income is probably the first to activate the flooding clause lor.  Some years ago, a basement CP was flooded until newspaper show cars floating ....... All insurance refuse to pay out except Income lor .....

The best part, after 2 years with Income, NCD Protector is FREE at "no cost".  -(BS one, got cost, it is included, you never asked, they never give lor)

As for how many times, I got experience, I asked Income after my chained collision.  They said NCD Protector only protect 1 accident (>$3000 claim) per year.

Anyway, protector is not so useful as for the next 3 years after accident, your premium will rise too.  You cannot change insurer for the next 3 years lor.

It is rumour that the premium cost only up a "few hundred dollar" wor  ........ I no experience.

I got a friend who type R got stick to a tree, repair cost close to 50K, the insurance cancel his policy after the claim.  He premium go from about 2K to 8K lor ........ he sold his car and waited 3 years before getting a car again ......

NTUC can.

but this aside, how many times can one's NCD be protected ?

eg, if Mr.X bought a policy with protector, he pays $600+60 = $660

if he kenah accident, what will his next premium like ?

then suay suay again, two years later he kenah accident again, then how much ?

As for how many times, I got experience, I asked Income after my chained collision.  They said NCD Protector only protect 1 accident (>$3000 claim) per year.

Anyway, protector is not so useful as for the next 3 years after accident, your premium will rise too.  You cannot change insurer for the next 3 years lor.

It is rumour that the premium cost only up a "few hundred dollar" wor  ........ I no experience.

this type of calculation, i don't understand.

if they protect our NCD, then our premiums should not change since the premiums should be about the same.

eg. 600 +  60 (after 55%).

after accident if NCD is not affect, there should be be any increases mah ...

if it rises to 900 + 60 , then it could not be possibly NCD 55 already ??

NCD is simply a discount to your premium ma ...... Premium is premium lor.

The only good thing is that you continue to enjoy 50% discount to your premium you need to pay ma ....

Your effective NCD is always 20% after major claim lor, it is the protector premium offer you to buy insurance from the SAME insurer at 50%.

You need to stay with the SAME insurer for the next 3 years lor.

If you go to another insurer, it become 20% ....... ya ......

And the insurer will sure increase premium one ........ you go to another insurer also higher than normal one ...... I think so.

I use Income for many many years, only buy new car..... Now AIG ....... sianz .......

this type of calculation, i don't understand.

if they protect our NCD, then our premiums should not change since the premiums should be about the same.

eg. 600 +  60 (after 55%).

after accident if NCD is not affect, there should be be any increases mah ...

if it rises to 900 + 60 , then it could not be possibly NCD 55 already ??

NCD is simply a discount to your premium ma ...... Premium is premium lor.

The only good thing is that you continue to enjoy 50% discount to your premium you need to pay ma ....

Your effective NCD is always 20% after major claim lor, it is the protector premium offer you to buy insurance from the SAME insurer at 50%.

You need to stay with the SAME insurer for the next 3 years lor.

If you go to another insurer, it become 20% ....... ya ......

And the insurer will sure increase premium one ........ you go to another insurer also higher than normal one ...... I think so.

I use Income for many many years, only buy new car..... Now AIG ....... sianz .......

i usually get my car ins from this agent ... but everytime i buy another car, got to let the dealer earn the insurance comms.

my last one was with a used car dealer ... premium was double of what i paid the previous and following year !!

but surprisingly, this time round for my new car, the premium got by the dealer was very good ! almost same as my regular insurer.

It's impossible to prove that NCD protector works. You could be carroted by insurer twice, once for NCD protector, and second time for the increased premium after your accident.

Don't bother with NCD protector, concentrate on your driving instead.

• Praise 2

Totally agreed, don't bother buying NCD.

Years ago, I bought the NCD protection, paying 10% more on top of the premium. Same year had a claim, when comes to the annual renewal, the premium went up more than 100%from the previous year. When I questioned them, reply was that they only protect the NCD (50%) but nothing regarding the increased premium. The NCD (50%) remains, only apply if you continue with the same insurer. This doesn't make any sense, they can even give you 90% NCD but increase the premium to sky high $$$$.

It was only after I threatened to write to the press forum for misleading the customer that they issued me a letter that state my NCD remains 50% and I can use it with another insurer.

NCD protector is just another ploy by the insurance companies.

Sounds good, actually it is just a waste of money.

It's impossible to prove that NCD protector works. You could be carroted by insurer twice, once for NCD protector, and second time for the increased premium after your accident.

Don't bother with NCD protector, concentrate on your driving instead.

Totally agreed, don't bother buying NCD.

Years ago, I bought the NCD protection, paying 10% more on top of the premium. Same year had a claim, when comes to the annual renewal, the premium went up more than 100%from the previous year. When I questioned them, reply was that they only protect the NCD (50%) but nothing regarding the increased premium. The NCD (50%) remains, only apply if you continue with the same insurer. This doesn't make any sense, they can even give you 90% NCD but increase the premium to sky high $$$$.

It was only after I threatened to write to the press forum for misleading the customer that they issued me a letter that state my NCD remains 50% and I can use it with another insurer.

As some said before and I also say one.  Insurance is the most cowboy n poorly regulated industry.

years aso I also threatened the same to AI# for ridiculously reducing my NCD.  I say if they don't rectify, lim pay send one platoon of hiadees with parangs over.  Then they changed.  Huh.

↡ Advertisement