Sembawang Hot Spring to be developed

Pinobii

Actually it's really just like a part of mindef, looks like they are gonna have to give up part of the space occupied by mindef for public use le

Its never part of MINDEF.

MINDEF extended Sembawang Airbase boundaries in mid 80's after acquired from LTA. That area was once Jalan Ulu Sembawang kampong. It's a kampong where majorities of the residents were Chinese families.

:ignoring:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

when did you go? over the past weekend?

since we dont have onsens here, maybe many SGreans dont know that there's a proper etiquette anyway. i believe if facilities are provided for washing of feet before soaking in the hot spring, and signages put up to educate people, then maybe it will work.

its like swimming in a public swimming pool, not everyone does a quick shower before jumping in.

Yeah, yesterday morning

Crowd was ok leh

MINDEF extended Sembawang Airbase boundaries in mid 80's after acquired from LTA. That area was once Jalan Ulu Sembawang kampong. It's a kampong where majorities of the residents were Chinese families.

It is actually, mindef is transfering the area to nparks according to news report

I read wrongly?

when did you go? over the past weekend? 

since we dont have onsens here, maybe many SGreans dont know that there's a proper etiquette anyway. i believe if facilities are provided for washing of feet before soaking in the hot spring, and signages put up to educate people, then maybe it will work. 

its like swimming in a public swimming pool, not everyone does a quick shower before jumping in. 

gonna be like this:

post-128138-0-96474100-1511751978_thumb.jpg

Quite surprise that they still havent convert this place to admission charges?! Since anything that can generate profits here, they surely would not let go de?! Lol.

This one they will say sell admission ticket is to control the crowd so that people can have a pleasant onsen experience. 

• Praise 2

I thought the kampong lasted till the early 1990s. I remembered I saw parked cars along the dirt tracks infrastructures of the kampong houses just opposite Chong Pang HDB in 1990.

There is actually no water point to wash our feet unless with own water

For now, think bring own basin to soak feet is safer

Think people here just stick their feet into the basin straight, didn't see anyone wash their feet prior, hehehe

washing of feet before soaking in public hot spring is more for hygiene and etiquette purposes. if you bring your own basin then no need to wash feet la haha  [laugh]

washing of feet before soaking in public hot spring is more for hygiene and etiquette purposes. if you bring your own basin then no need to wash feet la haha [laugh]

When r u bringing your parents there? :XD:

When r u bringing your parents there? :XD:

i will ask them but not sure if they are keen leh... quite far from where they stay too... 

Expect to pay for an entrance fee in future

Great foresight bro, will be quite sad since its free-flowing now actually

• Praise 2

Nothing will be free here eventually.

library is free.

many of our wonderful parks, nature reserves and park connectors are free. 

watching select soccer matches at your CC is "free"

• Praise 3

Yeah, most people don't even shower before going into swimming pool. [laugh] [laugh]

Initially, I shower then enter the pool. But soon I realised that I am the only one doing so. Then I followed them, just jump in lah. The life guards don't care whether u shower or not.

Another thing is to wear a cap when using the pool so that ur loose hair will not end up in others mouth. But very little ppl doing it. Don't think this was even mentioned in our public pools.

• Praise 1

Initially, I shower then enter the pool. But soon I realised that I am the only one doing so. Then I followed them, just jump in lah. The life guards don't care whether u shower or not.

Another thing is to wear a cap when using the pool so that ur loose hair will not end up in others mouth. But very little ppl doing it. Don't think this was even mentioned in our public pools.

good point on the swimming cap but people hardly use it, especially guys. 

the last time i remember wearing swimming cap was during BMT ("commandos" vs "guardsmen")  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement