• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:13 AM

ncar90
  • Premium member
    ncar90
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

I have this knocking sound on my rear brakes whenever i brake and it is very annoying. I have already changed the brake pads, cyclinder and the brake shoe and i even changed my absorbers but it still happens. It is a drum brake system on the rear and my car is a nissan latio.

My regular workshop is unable to pin point to the problem,would appreciate some views from the forum.

Thank you in advanced!

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:47 AM

Optramagnum
  • Premium member
    Optramagnum
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Maybe it's your wheel hub bearing? Try jacking up your rear left tyre, and hold the tyre at 12 and 6 o clock then feel for any play, repeat by holding 3 and 9 o clock. By right, you shouldn't feel any jerk.

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:31 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

did you change the drum?

an out of round/distorted drum will make sound and pedal pulsating

usually damage by mechanic over torque the wheel bolts/nuts using their mighty impact wrench

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

ncar90
  • Premium member
    ncar90
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Maybe it's your wheel hub bearing? Try jacking up your rear left tyre, and hold the tyre at 12 and 6 o clock then feel for any play, repeat by holding 3 and 9 o clock. By right, you shouldn't feel any jerk.

Not sure if its my wheel hub,my mechanic suspect it is the drum getting out of shape so i will be changing the drum

did you change the drum?

an out of round/distorted drum will make sound and pedal pulsating

usually damage by mechanic over torque the wheel bolts/nuts using their mighty impact wrench

mechanice suspect it is out of shape. I will change the drum and hopefully,things will improve.thanks!

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:46 PM

AntiBap
  • AntiBap
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

If you change everything about the breaking still happen. You should check on the steering, it maybe something wrong in the steering but not the break

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:26 PM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If you change everything about the breaking still happen. You should check on the steering, it maybe something wrong in the steering but not the break

is brake not break

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:43 PM

ncar90
  • Premium member
    ncar90
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Changed up my drums and it feels really nice to have a good brake.No sound anymore.
Optramagnum praised this

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:47 PM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Changed up my drums and it feels really nice to have a good brake.No sound anymore.

Glad that you solved the problem.

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:16 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    6th Gear
    Author Image

He said rear wheel, so nothing to do with steering.

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:52 AM

JusticeCg
  • JusticeCg
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Have u crash your car to somewhere maybe and

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:55 PM

ncar90
  • Premium member
    ncar90
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Have u crash your car to somewhere maybe and

No.it is a drum problem.Changed it and now my ride is absolutely sound free

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:24 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

good to know everything is ok now 👍👍
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
"Thank you for participating in the kdash social experiment."

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Ding Auto Pte Ltd

Ding Auto Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Corcovado  |  Neutral Newbie

The workshop is clean and done with great servicing package with reasonable price.Their staff is exceptional, the servicing is efficient.
Will definitely be back!

Eclipse Pro Auto Transmissions

Eclipse Pro Auto Transmissions  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Queeniee  |  Neutral Newbie

Unfortunately for me, bad experience for me.

Had issues with the auto transmission, whining sound when accelerating and gear not changing normally. Was directed to A**** from Eclipse Pro Auto by my car agent (I bought a second hand car) since it was under warranty.

The repair of the gearbox took a few days, which was fine. Horror came on the day of col... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Repair & Servicing

Quick Reply

Tags: nissan, nissanlatio, brakes and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users