• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:13 AM

ncar90
  • Premium member
    ncar90
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

I have this knocking sound on my rear brakes whenever i brake and it is very annoying. I have already changed the brake pads, cyclinder and the brake shoe and i even changed my absorbers but it still happens. It is a drum brake system on the rear and my car is a nissan latio.

My regular workshop is unable to pin point to the problem,would appreciate some views from the forum.

Thank you in advanced!

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:47 AM

Optramagnum
  • Premium member
    Optramagnum
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Maybe it's your wheel hub bearing? Try jacking up your rear left tyre, and hold the tyre at 12 and 6 o clock then feel for any play, repeat by holding 3 and 9 o clock. By right, you shouldn't feel any jerk.

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:31 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

did you change the drum?

an out of round/distorted drum will make sound and pedal pulsating

usually damage by mechanic over torque the wheel bolts/nuts using their mighty impact wrench

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

ncar90
  • Premium member
    ncar90
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Maybe it's your wheel hub bearing? Try jacking up your rear left tyre, and hold the tyre at 12 and 6 o clock then feel for any play, repeat by holding 3 and 9 o clock. By right, you shouldn't feel any jerk.

Not sure if its my wheel hub,my mechanic suspect it is the drum getting out of shape so i will be changing the drum

did you change the drum?

an out of round/distorted drum will make sound and pedal pulsating

usually damage by mechanic over torque the wheel bolts/nuts using their mighty impact wrench

mechanice suspect it is out of shape. I will change the drum and hopefully,things will improve.thanks!

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:46 PM

AntiBap
  • AntiBap
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

If you change everything about the breaking still happen. You should check on the steering, it maybe something wrong in the steering but not the break

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:26 PM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If you change everything about the breaking still happen. You should check on the steering, it maybe something wrong in the steering but not the break

is brake not break

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:43 PM

ncar90
  • Premium member
    ncar90
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Changed up my drums and it feels really nice to have a good brake.No sound anymore.
Optramagnum praised this

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:47 PM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Changed up my drums and it feels really nice to have a good brake.No sound anymore.

Glad that you solved the problem.

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:16 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    6th Gear
    Author Image

He said rear wheel, so nothing to do with steering.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Chen Jin Trading

Chen Jin Trading  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Travelmate_630  |  Neutral Newbie

After two and half years my Mazda 3 had a caution light to indicate istop function not working cause by main battery not holding voltage.
Agent quoted the Q85 batt cost at $320.
Went through this website to search for workshops selling battery with good reviews.Call them to get some quotes and Chen Jin had the best price with a one year warranty.
Adelin... » Read More

Soon Xing Engineering Pte Ltd

Soon Xing Engineering Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by chuas33  |  Neutral Newbie

Have recently visited Soon Xing engineering to get my servicing done and brakes replaced at a very reasonable pricing. The staffs are friendly and the service team is pretty professional the fact that they are able to catch some complicated issues with the vehicle that was left unsolved with the previous workshop that i visited. Am very pleased with the service and will... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Repair & Servicing

Quick Reply

Tags: nissan, nissanlatio, brakes and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users