Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
56 replies to this topic | 224 praises

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:57 AM

Machoman13
  • Machoman13
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys
Just bought a new car. Can i do 1st services at says ard 1600-1800km instead of 1000km. Advice needed blw

- no choice hv to drive up north. Back to Sin that time maybe hit between 1600 to 1800km liao
- ppl said now new car factory run in already. SE told me it is ok one
- anyone hv such real life example do 1st svs at ard 1600 to 1800km n now is engine runs ok or not? How many years drive
- cannot do svs at 1k in Msia. All warrranty void
-all advice needed abt this topic. Cos very worry

Thks in advance

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:05 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Can check again if first service is 15k.?

Norm now is 15,30,and 45 for contis

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:20 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Hi guys
Just bought a new car. Can i do 1st services at says ard 1600-1800km instead of 1000km. Advice needed blw

- no choice hv to drive up north. Back to Sin that time maybe hit between 1600 to 1800km liao
- anyone hv such real life example do 1st svs at ard 1600 to 1800km n now is engine runs ok or not? How many years drive

Thks in advance

For Japanese Car,i advice to do at 1,000km,if you need to drive far,i advice at least change the Oil,most Japanese Car from Factory are filled with "Run in" Oil...

SuPerBoRed praised this

Fairlady.

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:33 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Do it before 1k then.
BenTong praised this

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:55 AM

BenTong
  • Premium member
    BenTong
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hi guys

Thks in advance

Can try la.. to be safe just get AAS membership..
Ben5266 and Angcheek praised this

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:05 AM

Optramagnum
  • Premium member
    Optramagnum
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Do it before you travel up North, to have a ease of mind.. Check and change all the fluids which was inside since it was manufactured.

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:06 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The first 1000km may not be actual service like change oil and oil filter. Maybe just check everything is running as it should be. I know of some AD who told me no oil change at 1000km they just do diagnostic check, battery check, check for leaks.

IMO if unsure just call up and ask. Exceeding the 1000km is no big issue. Unless got unusual sound or got warning light on the dash. Just call up the servicing dept and ask.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:06 AM

Skchiu
  • Premium member
    Skchiu
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi guys

Thks in advance

my jappie did close to 9k w/o engine oil change, now more than 130k already still running fine

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:08 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Call up the service center if you are unsure. But I'll do it for the peace of mind.
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:16 AM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi guys

Thks in advance

It's okay La, as the engine oil can last longer then 1k. So you exceed for few hundreds km its okay one.
Baleno praised this

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:34 AM

clement229
  • clement229
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

What car is it?

different cars have different way of servicing and mileage to service

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:43 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Maybe you would like to ask the dealer what kind of oil it is before you decide? If its mineral oil, then advisable to change before your head up north as you are probably gonna go high speed and high revs. Fully synthetic oils are better formulated for protection. If I was you, I would have changed the EO regardless to have a peace of mind.

Freeder praised this

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:45 AM

nazerath
  • nazerath
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think first oil change is important. For me I would do it sooner.
Jamesc praised this

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:12 AM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Supercharged
    Author Image

What Car is that?

Better you change the oil and filter at 1k, it would take about half an hour. You can get this done outside workshop too.

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:51 AM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I understand from the Elantra thread that Komoco’s 1k servicing is just visual. No change of oil n some owners actually skipped it.
Sunny, Carbon82, Angcheek and Mercs praised this

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:59 AM

andrewyewkc
  • Premium member
    andrewyewkc
    4th Gear
    Author Image

There are 2 schools of thought for this. First is the "Metal Shavings" School, the second is the "Pointless" School.

The "Metal Shavings" School believes that when a new engine is first run in, tiny bits of metal are shaved off the engine parts and these metal bits should be removed at the 1000km servicing before it damages the engine. But engine manufacturing is more precise nowadays and some of the car brands do not carry out an oil change during the 1000km check.

The "Pointless" School believes that only some rudimentary checks are carried out so it is not worth the effort. Also the engine oil (whether mineral or synthetic) would still be in good condition as it is only 1000km.

Once I had an Italian internal combustion engine that I neglected to change the engine oil during the initial period and the engine totally seized after a few months. So I am more of the first school.

The decision is entirely yours. But if there is no oil change during the 1000km servicing for your particular car, I think it is ok for you to do it later. 

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:57 PM

AltisOwner
  • Premium member
    AltisOwner
    Supercharged
    Author Image

First oil change is important at 1k especially you are going up North and you will tend to go on high speed. Some car filled with synthetic oil then is ok but if your car is fill with normal oil will better to change it.
Sunny and Buadongdong praised this

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:00 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If it's stated in the warranty booklet to change at 1k, juz do it. No point giving AD excuse to siam warranty claim later

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:03 PM

Aaronlkl
  • Premium member
    Aaronlkl
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My advise is the change oil b4 u go on your trip. New cars are usually factory filled with mineral oil for the new engine to break-in. Do note that not all new cars are factory run-in. Refer to your owners manual for the breakin-in part. Happy motoring!

Hi guys

Thks in advance

Edited by Aaronlkl, 28 November 2017 - 03:04 PM.

"If in doubt, Flat out!"

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:20 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

1k is the most important because of metal shavings.

Since SE say ok ask for black and white with AD letter head chop and sign.

If I changed in Spore at 500 I would change in Msia at 1500 or 1600 in JB b4 crossing.

How would AD know you change engine oil at 1600?

Also I would change gearbox oil at 10k.

I changed at 20k and it was brown rusty colour.

😀

Edited by Jamesc, 28 November 2017 - 03:21 PM.

Aaronlkl praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: brand, service, 1000km

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users