Brand new car. 1st service at 1000km. Can do it > 1k

Machoman13

No time liao. Decided to service after come bk from Msia. Estimated mileage shld be ard 16000 to 18000km

18000 km? How long you staying in Msia?

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I drive KIA k3 facelift model 2017.

I read the manual. It says

- no special break in period

- do not race engine

-drive by keeping the engine speed within 3k rpm

-do not maintain single speed at long period of time. Vary the speed

-avoid hard stop

-do not tow heavy trailer

I did call service dept. They dun even know is mineral or synthetic oil inside. N did told me overshort is fine. Even comment some ppl 1st service at 3000km

my SE told me  its mineral oil!

18000 km? How long you staying in Msia?

:D

you should be asking him how many rounds of M'sia is he driving.  :grin: 

JB to Thai border is 888km rite, if am not wrong.

Edited by Sotong07
  • Praise 1

No time liao. Decided to service after come bk from Msia. Estimated mileage shld be ard 16000 to 18000km

Wow, that's a lot le.

You driving around whole of Malaysia?  :XD:

• Praise 1

I drove my current car to Penang and back when it was two days old with factory oil, changed the factory oil at first service (15,000km)

current mileage is 170,000km, will report here when the engine is chui

Wow. Bro i found you. You are real life example. Same like me. My trip plan to Penang. Taiping. SP. My car 1 week old. Factory oil inside engine.So look like engine is ok ok. Mind to share more below

- Did u speed that time? 110km/h

- Did u maintain wthin certain rpm.says <3000rpm

- how long u vary yr speed? Says chg when half an hrs. Or all the way cheong at 110km/h

- Dont mind share yr car brand toyota, honda...

Thank you Bro

If i didn't read wrongly, TS driving a Kia Cerato right? I have driven it as replacement car when my car got send in during accident repair.

To be very very honest, no way you don't cross 3k RPM. This car totally lack of power unless hoot all the way up to 4k rpm. It's not like Toyota where the low end torque comes in around 2k RPM.

Anyway, if TS scare, then drive in inner lane and pick up speed slowly. My driving is I need my car to pick up speed fast, so KIA car is not a car I will drive gently and still got the power.

I understand from the Elantra thread that Komoco’s 1k servicing is just visual. No change of oil n some owners actually skipped it.

nope.. elantra's 1st servicing got change engine oil.. it's the 5k servicing that is visual (assuming at 1k changed to fully synthetic oil).. 

nope.. elantra's 1st servicing got change engine oil.. it's the 5k servicing that is visual (assuming at 1k changed to fully synthetic oil)..

Oh sorry for wrong info thought was the 1k that was visual. Tks for the correction.

• Praise 3

Oh sorry for wrong info thought was the 1k that was visual. Tks for the correction.

I suspect the use visual only on my car all the way .........  :mellow:

• Praise 2

Hi guys

Just bought a new car. Can i do 1st services at says ard 1600-1800km instead of 1000km. Advice needed blw

- no choice hv to drive up north. Back to Sin that time maybe hit between 1600 to 1800km liao

- ppl said now new car factory run in already. SE told me it is ok one

- anyone hv such real life example do 1st svs at ard 1600 to 1800km n now is engine runs ok or not? How many years drive

- cannot do svs at 1k in Msia. All warrranty void

-all advice needed abt this topic. Cos very worry

Thks in advance

If I were you, I would change it before I go for the NS Highway Cheonging session [drivingcar]

Wow. Bro i found you. You are real life example. Same like me. My trip plan to Penang. Taiping. SP. My car 1 week old. Factory oil inside engine.So look like engine is ok ok. Mind to share more below

- Did u speed that time? 110km/h

- Did u maintain wthin certain rpm.says <3000rpm

- how long u vary yr speed? Says chg when half an hrs. Or all the way cheong at 110km/h

- Dont mind share yr car brand toyota, honda...

Thank you Bro

I drove a little slower than usual, not because the engine is new but the brakes, tires and myself is new (to the car), got to bed in the brakes, season the tires and get myself familiarise with the car

I went with the NSHW flow, which is around 120~140, didn't push to red line, it was public holiday so the heavier traffic gave a good mix of slow/fast/braking, the hilly northern stretch also has plenty of opportunities to bed in the brakes

take this trip as a bonding time between you and your new car, just drive normally, get to know and feel the car better and enjoy the trip

wah... the last time I went to SP was 25 years ago, still remember their bak kut teh with lots of veggie and the yummy chendol

• Praise 2

Go change outside to mineral or synthetic oil..anyway AD will not know you did an oil change outside...I dun think they will inspect your oil so detail during servicing. Anyway, your trip will give your new car a good run in since you are likely to drive non stop for >2 hrs on your road trip.

[bounce2]  [bounce2] 

Brand new car just a week old, you better park your car in Shopping Mall and not along the roadside wulu wulu place. Wish you best of luck.

agree. park next to a Toyota pau safe...esp harriers

Edited by BenTong

Haiya do you know that new cars are driven from one town to the other .. car delivery.. Long Long time ago.. I got my merc delivered (driven) from KL.. drive almost 200km also bo tai chi.. won’t die la the car..n the engine oil can last .. worse case go to Kia WS in MY n change oil la..haiya

waaa hua ma sai dee .... rich man spotted ...  [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement