Why all those who quit are normally good employees?

ChaosMyth

能者多劳... the good employees will just be made to do more and more until they cannot take it and quit...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Difficult to say for sure. I can only say I made the best choice I could with the available info at that point of time [laugh]

Salary is just 1 part of my consideration but then again, I live a simple life.

Thats exactly my point.

Well done, young jedi

You should ask if the higher pay was worth it each time.

Most often, you leave because there is a better offer. it could be pay, it can also be opportunities. Then we need to ask, why those that choose to stay didn't have those opportunities and motivations to perform better leh? It is a very complex question.

It is not that those who choose to leave are better but because they took another route, that opens up opportunities. Loyalty don't pay that is the simplest message i can give you guys out there. It is your own worth that will decide if you are in demand.

• Praise 2

Most often, you leave because there is a better offer. it could be pay, it can also be opportunities. Then we need to ask, why those that choose to stay didn't have those opportunities and motivations to perform better leh? It is a very complex question.

It is not that those who choose to leave are better but because they took another route, that opens up opportunities. Loyalty don't pay that is the simplest message i can give you guys out there. It is your own worth that will decide if you are in demand.

Actually leave for better opportunities why not? Good for them, at the same time can hire or promote people and get new perspective, also not bad what. (must think POSITIVELY!!) Edited by Yewheng

You join cos of the company

You leave cos of the boss

I’ve been in the same co for 12 yrs

Many under me hor @jamesc

• Praise 2

Yes true that we leave because of boss.

My 2 big bosses whom I’m grateful towards is retiring next year or latest 2019..

Not much chemistry with New boss taking over.. so leave First since old bosses gonna retire

Iâve been in the same co for 12 yrs

Many under me hor @jamesc ð

But that said

I really hv gd bosses who stand by me when I make critical decisions. And they always say that my health comes first.. regardless ðð½

Dangerous for u hor since you damn âin your face â kind

No la. For me, just easier to be straight forward about it so the interviewer also has a chance to evaluate if his department or company is also like that. If so, better don't hire me so both sides can save ourselves some misery.

In general, it seems to work la. Out of the 5 companies I've been in, only 1 of them was truly shit and the jobscope/environment was not what was portrayed.

• Praise 1

Why all those who quit are normally good employees? Here’s 8 reasons why!

It is not all difficult to retain a good, hard-working employee in Singapore. The Lion City has an excellent working environment, salary packages are attractive and rank high up in Asia.

But just why big companies will often force employees out of the door? Just why good employees leave? Well, because they simply know their talent can be realized somewhere else.

If companies can’t provide a harmonious workplace, it won’t be hard to see why they can’t hold on to the talented employees. A consultancy report from CEB said that usually 33% of top-ranked employees normally have this conflict with their employers and would have started seeking for greener pastures just few weeks into their job!

Once a company loses the heart of their top-ranked employees, the group will not just choose to say I QUIT! They will also lose interest in their job. Mr Michael E. Kibler from Corporate Balance Concepts INC, an employee coaching firm, has been researching why employees quit their companies. He attributes this to “executive brownout”. To put it simply, no battery already!

Staff affected by this phenomenon become disengaged, demotivated and lose interest in their jobs. The more usual symptoms will be disengagement, discontent and lethargy. On the surface, their job performance is not bad, but they are secretly going downhill, and the exit door is where they are headed.

Companies who want to avoid this from happening can try to avoid these 8 workplace practices, which normally get under the skin of top-rated employees.

#1. Don’t put up too much rules

Yes. Simple as that. Don’t make it like a school, where there are even restrictions on meal times and toilet breaks. Employees feel restrained simply by that and the doubts will start to creep in. All are working professionals, not little children!

#2. All are equal

In the eyes of the law, all are equal. But it shouldn’t be the same at a workplace. The elite will feel left out should the boss treat all equally. They will think that all the rewards and benefits they deserve aren’t any different from those who have poor work performance.

#3. Enduring poor work performance

If a company doesn’t act in helping an employee snap out from poor performance, such as sending him for courses, he will soon drag down the whole organization. The company got to solve this problem fast and not act blur.

#4. Non acknowledgment of the talented ones

Who doesn’t like to be recognized for the hard work put in? It is just like the Employee of the Month plaque you see in fast food restaurants. Seriously, this is the best thing a company can do if they are already not handing out 13th month bonus!

#5. Show some love, lah!

A relationship between company and employee is like watering a plant. If you don’t give it TLC (Tender, Love, Care), how do you expect it to grow. You must show care and concern for your employee! Remember, they are not robots! They are made of flesh and blood!

#6. Future

When distributing work, give them a perspective on how this will help in their career advancement. Don’t just simply shove them work and give them deadline!

#7. Let them pursue other interests!

Google normally gives out 20% of an employee’s worktime to let them pursue their own interest, and this should be of beneficial value to the company. It is vital as employees will enter a FLOW mentality. It is one that allows employees to enjoy their work, and expand their capability.

#8. Make the workplace interesting

If employees can’t enjoy sticking around a workplace, the company really got to start thinking. Ever heard of the saying, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy? Go Google HQ find out, look into their HQ, see how fun it is to work there!

To sum it up, a good company shouldn’t be sending out terse notices all the time. They should learn to mix heavy work with great fun. That is the ultimate recipe to a conducive work environment.

attachicon.gifbad employer.jpg

I read liao I [laugh]

Do you know how massive is the company Google? The resources and manpower they have. While Singapore companies are made up of more dan 95% SMEs. Who's gonna pay for the under performing employee's training and courses? And who's gonna fill his shoes while he's away on course. Those ppl called colleagues will have to do more work with less manpower isn't it? If you hire someone who cannot fulfill his job scope you as the boss will feel shortchanged. "Knn limpeh tio pian, say can do but end up under perform". Still have to spend money and send him for courses? Wo ya boh? As the boss what will you do? Don't forget you still have to pay him and contribute his cpf while he happily go on course. [laugh] Return from course dunno can perform better is still another issue.

The reason for more rules is simple. Becoz ppl trying to take advantage of everything the company will react by having more rules. Who to blame?

You try to start up a company here on your own in Singapore and try to fulfill the above 8 points. Dan you show everyone here how you do it. I cannot wait to see it. [:p]

Everyone knows Google let job applicants go thru multiple layers of screening and interviews. That alone has got rid of the below average and average ppl out of the way. If the best is under performing of course it's worth the company's time and resources to upgrade them. The above is selective writing.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 4

I’ve been in the same co for 12 yrs

Many under me hor @jamesc

• Praise 1

No la. For me, just easier to be straight forward about it so the interviewer also has a chance to evaluate if his department or company is also like that. If so, better don't hire me so both sides can save ourselves some misery.

In general, it seems to work la. Out of the 5 companies I've been in, only 1 of them was truly shit and the jobscope/environment was not what was portrayed.

True that. No bs, straight to point is gd

能者多劳... the good employees will just be made to do more and more until they cannot take it and quit...

Very true, young but experienced [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

I read liao I [laugh]

Do you know how massive is the company Google? The resources and manpower they have. While Singapore companies are made up of more dan 95% SMEs. Who's gonna pay for the under performing employee's training and courses? And who's gonna fill his shoes while he's away on course. Those ppl called colleagues will have to do more work with less manpower isn't it? If you hire someone who cannot fulfill his job scope you as the boss will feel shortchanged. "Knn limpeh tio pian, say can do but end up under perform". Still have to spend money and send him for courses? Wo ya boh? As the boss what will you do? Don't forget you still have to pay him and contribute his cpf while he happily go on course. [laugh] Return from course dunno can perform better is still another issue.

The reason for more rules is simple. Becoz ppl trying to take advantage of everything the company will react by having more rules. Who to blame?

You try to start up a company here on your own in Singapore and try to fulfill the above 8 points. Dan you show everyone here how you do it. I cannot wait to see it. [:p]

Everyone knows Google let job applicants go thru multiple layers of screening and interviews. That alone has got rid of the below average and average ppl out of the way. If the best is under performing of course it's worth the company's time and resources to upgrade them. The above is selective writing.

Rules are set to control due to many folk are Theory X behavioral. If most are Theory Y, the Rules would have been minimized
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1