Lotus Spark Plug

Acewin

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your feedback actually my main concern is the cost as my car only left about a year to go. Mileage coming to 200K so was considering the cost of $240 & $88 a difference of about $152.

For 1 year use my mileage is about 25K but as bro Nazerath pointed out wait the "Lian Huay" porcelain chip break and damage my piston also possible 

Lian Huay claim can last 60K so with my one year usage .

↡ Advertisement

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your feedback actually my main concern is the cost as my car only left about a year to go. Mileage coming to 200K so was considering the cost of $240 & $88 a difference of about $152.

For 1 year use my mileage is about 25K but as bro Nazerath pointed out wait the "Lian Huay" porcelain chip break and damage my piston also possible

Lian Huay claim can last 60K so with my one year usage .

Iridium should cost about 25-30 per pc. Why need $240??

Left 1 year just get normal copper plugs lah. I google Lotus nothing came out, still dare to even consider meh ? Put it this way, I sell you Laksa brand engine oil $8 for 4L I say can last 25k km. You want? 

But hey, its your car your money. You happy the most impt  [;)]

Edited by Othello

Spark plug gives out spark. That's it.

Do a blind test on a SP with 90k and a brand new set, chances are you would not be able to tell the difference.

Yeah right. The tips get worn. Gap increases.

Edited by Mkl22

Left 1 year just get normal copper plugs lah. I google Lotus nothing came out, still dare to even consider meh ? Put it this way, I sell you Laksa brand engine oil $8 for 4L I say can last 25k km. You want? 

Hi Bro Othello,

This is the link for the Lotus plug,

http://www.lotusplug.com/index

Iridium should cost about 25-30 per pc. Why need $240??

Denso Iridium including labor charge as quoted by workshop.

Hi Bro Othello,

This is the link for the Lotus plug,

http://www.lotusplug.com/index

I know, I found the link as well. What I meant was apart from their own website, there was no mention ANYWHERE else. None in Lowyat forum as well. NONE from any existing user ............. Simple, spark plugs are not expensive and they last a loong time. Its very hard for new entrants to challenge NGK/Denso/Bosch etc 

It appears to me that you are still very keen despite what most of us here had said otherwise. Maybe you can try and give a feedback later..... 

cheers

I know, I found the link as well. What I meant was apart from their own website, there was no mention ANYWHERE else. None in Lowyat forum as well. NONE from any existing user ............. Simple, spark plugs are not expensive and they last a loong time. Its very hard for new entrants to challenge NGK/Denso/Bosch etc

It appears to me that you are still very keen despite what most of us here had said otherwise. Maybe you can try and give a feedback later.....

cheers

Precisely. Why bother. To be cheaper than all the rest of the incumbents there has to be cost cutting. I rather take a normal copper plug from denso than lotus or whatever rubbish brand

Also each engine requires a specific model of plugs. The reach of the electrode etc.

http://www.globaldenso.com/en/products/aftermarket/plug/spec/

Can lotus plug duplicate exactly and have the same range? Or theirs is a generic one size fits all? Then denso must be damn dumb to come up with so many models and part number to manage!

Edited by Mkl22

where got so ex spark plug? workshop carrot u ah?  [knife]

https://carousell.com/p/cheapest-genuine-ik20-and-ik16-in-the-market-129214022/?ref=profile&ref_referrer=%2Fautoace%2F&ref_sId=4336856

i go workshop change less than $50 settled with the purchase of my own spark plug above on carsouell 

spark plug + labour = less than $50 

Edited by Senny

Hi,

Do you have any alternative plug for G11 engine?

I buy ngk at $2.50 each

and paid $12 for a spark plug wrench

and change myself. I am good at screwing.

Not too lose and not too tight and very gentle not to

damage the threading. Tip - get the longer one and make

your screwing much easier.  [thumbsup]

:D

70916.jpg

• Praise 2

Hi,

Do you have any alternative plug for G11 engine?

This is what I got. Please check on your side. 

Replacement spark plugs for DENSO FXE20HE11:

I buy ngk at $2.50 each

and paid $12 for a spark plug wrench

and change myself. I am good at screwing.

Not too lose and not too tight and very gentle not to

damage the threading. Tip - get the longer one and make

your screwing much easier.  [thumbsup]

:D

I'm sure I need not remind you to use lubricant ?  [sly]

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1

This is what I got. Please check on your side.

Replacement spark plugs for DENSO FXE20HE11:

Brand Model Bosch 0242135524 Bosch 0242135531 Bosch VR7SPP33 Bosch VR7TII35U Denso 267700-5480 Mazda 1N2418110 Mazda 1N2518110 NGK 2302 NGK 91691 NGK DF6H-11A NGK DF6H11A NGK DILZKAR6A11 NGK DILZKR7A11G NGK DILZKR7A11GS Nissan 22401-1KT1B Nissan 22401-ED715 Nissan 22401-ED71B

I'm sure I need not remind you to use lubricant ? [sly]

Haha ideally anti seize grease but I just use a bit of oil.