Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic | 52 praises

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:10 AM

carloverguy2017
  • carloverguy2017
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This is a on-going series, part 1 goes to Tiong Bahru in a short film.

Enjoy !

Mustank, kdash, Tianmo and SiLangKia praised this
It's PNE ! PLay Not Enough lah...

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:39 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

love Tiong Bahru area... always gives a retro vibe...
SiLangKia praised this
Toyota Sienta (2016 - )

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:07 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Loved the pre renovated hawker. One level with wet and dirty floor. Not the current one.

Most of the residences now occupied by 2nd or 3rd generation. Thone old folks already passed on..

Quite a number of those ground floor units (near cc) rented out to offices.

The bomb shelter also lock up the last I passed by there.

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:12 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Loved the pre renovated hawker. One level with wet and dirty floor. Not the current one.

Most of the residences now occupied by 2nd or 3rd generation. Thone old folks already passed on..

Quite a number of those ground floor units (near cc) rented out to offices.

The bomb shelter also lock up the last I passed by there.

agree on the hawker centre... the current Tiong Bahru Market design not good...

if i'm not wrong, there are guided tours where the bomb shelter would be opened.
Toyota Sienta (2016 - )

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:36 PM

SiLangKia
  • Premium member
    SiLangKia
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

agree on the hawker centre... the current Tiong Bahru Market design not good...

if i'm not wrong, there are guided tours where the bomb shelter would be opened.

The carpark design sucks hahah, the support beams for the shelter are placed right where you open your doors so you'd either have to squueze out, move the car forward to open the door, or if you're blur blur like me, bang the door into it and get paint chips :((

But the food is good hahahahhaha

Sunny, Carbon82, Uncle2, Pocy and Angcheek praised this

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:37 PM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Just look at the old buildings design. They have fire safety in mind. Also, design wise, well thought. Somehow we lost those already. 

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:52 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Tiong bahru good place to start for an sg story. Now full of amdk and rich ppl, all the ppl that originally gave the place it's charm all getting priced out.
Uncle2 praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:17 PM

carloverguy2017
  • carloverguy2017
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yes I used to live in Tiong Bahru area when I was young, for the good 16 years. I moved house twice, from Jalan Bukit Ho Swee to Jalan Klinik ( Beo Crescent ). 

Good food, good vibes at this old rustic place.
Also many ganster fights every night.  Haha.. those where the days.

I couldn't find out where is the guided tour place, so unfortunately I couldn't enter the air raid shelter. 
It's a mouldy musky smell inside, can't stay inside for long either. 

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:51 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

The carpark design sucks hahah, the support beams for the shelter are placed right where you open your doors so you'd either have to squueze out, move the car forward to open the door, or if you're blur blur like me, bang the door into it and get paint chips :((

But the food is good hahahahhaha

yeah... i usually park either at the 45 deg lots or my church nearby... love the food  [thumbsup]

Toyota Sienta (2016 - )

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Yes I used to live in Tiong Bahru area when I was young, for the good 16 years. I moved house twice, from Jalan Bukit Ho Swee to Jalan Klinik ( Beo Crescent ). 

Good food, good vibes at this old rustic place.
Also many ganster fights every night.  Haha.. those where the days.

I couldn't find out where is the guided tour place, so unfortunately I couldn't enter the air raid shelter. 
It's a mouldy musky smell inside, can't stay inside for long either. 

apparently the Tiong Bahru air raid shelter tour was only organised for a limited time in 2012... now no more already... 

https://roots.sg/lea...ir-raid-shelter

The air raid shelter at Blk 78 Guan Chuan Street was recently opened to the public for guided tours conducted by the National Heritage Board as part of its activities to commemorate the 70th Anniversary for the Battle for Singapore in 2012.

Toyota Sienta (2016 - )

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:40 PM

carloverguy2017
  • carloverguy2017
    4th Gear
    Author Image

apparently the Tiong Bahru air raid shelter tour was only organised for a limited time in 2012... now no more already... 

https://roots.sg/lea...ir-raid-shelter

It would be such a disappointment to entirely stopped allowing visitors to enter. 

It could be a very educational tour for our children as part of their Total Defence education and history lessons.

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:08 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

One of my friends is still living in this lovely place.

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: tiong bahru, heritage, historical and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users