Singapore Tiong Bahru - Series 1 of the Singapore Trails

carloverguy2017

Loved the pre renovated hawker. One level with wet and dirty floor. Not the current one.

Most of the residences now occupied by 2nd or 3rd generation. Thone old folks already passed on..

Quite a number of those ground floor units (near cc) rented out to offices.

The bomb shelter also lock up the last I passed by there.

Loved the pre renovated hawker. One level with wet and dirty floor. Not the current one.

Most of the residences now occupied by 2nd or 3rd generation. Thone old folks already passed on..

Quite a number of those ground floor units (near cc) rented out to offices.

The bomb shelter also lock up the last I passed by there.

agree on the hawker centre... the current Tiong Bahru Market design not good...

if i'm not wrong, there are guided tours where the bomb shelter would be opened.

agree on the hawker centre... the current Tiong Bahru Market design not good...

if i'm not wrong, there are guided tours where the bomb shelter would be opened.

The carpark design sucks hahah, the support beams for the shelter are placed right where you open your doors so you'd either have to squueze out, move the car forward to open the door, or if you're blur blur like me, bang the door into it and get paint chips :((

But the food is good hahahahhaha

• Praise 5

Tiong bahru good place to start for an sg story. Now full of amdk and rich ppl, all the ppl that originally gave the place it's charm all getting priced out.

• Praise 1

Yes I used to live in Tiong Bahru area when I was young, for the good 16 years. I moved house twice, from Jalan Bukit Ho Swee to Jalan Klinik ( Beo Crescent ). 

Good food, good vibes at this old rustic place.
Also many ganster fights every night.  Haha.. those where the days.

I couldn't find out where is the guided tour place, so unfortunately I couldn't enter the air raid shelter. 
It's a mouldy musky smell inside, can't stay inside for long either. 

The carpark design sucks hahah, the support beams for the shelter are placed right where you open your doors so you'd either have to squueze out, move the car forward to open the door, or if you're blur blur like me, bang the door into it and get paint chips :((

But the food is good hahahahhaha

yeah... i usually park either at the 45 deg lots or my church nearby... love the food  [thumbsup]

Yes I used to live in Tiong Bahru area when I was young, for the good 16 years. I moved house twice, from Jalan Bukit Ho Swee to Jalan Klinik ( Beo Crescent ). 

Good food, good vibes at this old rustic place.

Also many ganster fights every night.  Haha.. those where the days.

I couldn't find out where is the guided tour place, so unfortunately I couldn't enter the air raid shelter. 

It's a mouldy musky smell inside, can't stay inside for long either. 

apparently the Tiong Bahru air raid shelter tour was only organised for a limited time in 2012... now no more already... 

https://roots.sg/learn/resources/virtual-tours/tiong-bahru-air-raid-shelter

The air raid shelter at Blk 78 Guan Chuan Street was recently opened to the public for guided tours conducted by the National Heritage Board as part of its activities to commemorate the 70th Anniversary for the Battle for Singapore in 2012.

apparently the Tiong Bahru air raid shelter tour was only organised for a limited time in 2012... now no more already... 

https://roots.sg/learn/resources/virtual-tours/tiong-bahru-air-raid-shelter

It would be such a disappointment to entirely stopped allowing visitors to enter. 

It could be a very educational tour for our children as part of their Total Defence education and history lessons.

The shop next to Tiong Bahru bakery also huat one...almost 99% ang mo crowd if not it will ang bo b/f or husband with a Kitty Pong lookalike.   [laugh]

Front-shop-Mercil-Marcel.jpg?resize=697%

Edited by Mason016
  • Praise 1

I remember few years back, my friend said i suaku, dunno what TB bakery is. Haha i was saying how come TB bakery stuff can sell so expensive  [laugh]

I remember few years back, my friend said i suaku, dunno what TB bakery is. Haha i was saying how come TB bakery stuff can sell so expensive  [laugh]

*sheepishly puts hand up*  I also suaku.  The first time I ate at Tiong Bahru bakery was only last year and it was a lemon meringue tart at Tangs Orchard.   

[laugh]

↡ Advertisement