Cooking: All About Beef

chryst

hihihi! new to this part of town. my love for beef brought me here and no one can say no to korean bbq beef bulogi. 

lady is pretty good! teaches you how to season the beef bulogi among other things!! do check it out! 

kimchi pork. die die must try 

• Praise 2

Is this marble?

I use something like this. just heat it up until smoke appears and just throw the piece of meat in the center and cover it up.

445724452.g_400-w_g.jpg

Twincharged

Is this marble?

not really ... just stone/marble coated .... it will wear off sooner or later depending on usage.

Twincharged
(edited)

Had a World Cup/PUBG potluck dinner party that was planned way in advance so what else could I contribute other than BEEF? But I tested two 30 day pieces for lunch cos got new gadget and not sure if it’ll turn out okay.

Meet this Japanese beauty and my two sets of twins - 180 days (left) and 45 days (right). Sorry babies, mama is sacrificing you for the greater good today.

post-196289-0-64032400-1530395665_thumb.jpeg

Sous vide one 30 day each with mixed spice and flake salt rub, bagged with garlic and thyme/rosemary(one each).

post-196289-0-94238000-1530395888_thumb.jpeg

New toy... blowtorch! Torch vs sear: will give a hard crust while retaining the moisture inside since it’s already been cooked.

post-196289-0-83069800-1530396036_thumb.jpeg

Delegate the hubby to prepare sides cos I lazy and only roasted asparagus but the lazy mofo go buy KFC.

post-196289-0-18146900-1530396136_thumb.jpeg

Dinner pics over in makan thread.

Edited by chryst
  • Praise 4

Twincharged

Had a World Cup/PUBG potluck dinner party that was planned way in advance so what else could I contribute other than BEEF? But I tested two 30 day pieces for lunch cos got new gadget and not sure if it’ll turn out okay.

got to hand it to you girl ....

usually ppl eat at home, you know what it is but you won't be able to really see and tell the difference.

you some more can take the time to pai swee swee ...  :a-good:

Twincharged

got to hand it to you girl ....

usually ppl eat at home, you know what it is but you won't be able to really see and tell the difference.

you some more can take the time to pai swee swee ... :a-good:

Errr... actually that’s just my cutting board that I serve on so no need to wash so many things

Supercharged

Bought a very nice  bistecca fiorentina/porterhouse yesterday.

800gm for S$30.5

Got the BBQ out and a hot plate.

Just some oil on each side of the steak and cooking for 5 to 6 minutes each side.

Rare to medium rare and with some baked potatoes and a salad of chopped carrots, tomatoes, chopped onion, slices of capsicum, diced cucumber and some lettuce with a dressing of virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and italian seasoning.

Absolutely historic especially as we could sit outside with the temp around 25c.

hearsay... throw 2 tabs Panadol will solve the problem.

You think those hawkers really slow fire cook until.... [laugh]

any one got any grandma idea to soften the thawed frozen beef cubes from the supermarts ?

bought a 500gm pack, thawed it overnight. In the morning seasoned it and added about 2 tablespoons of tenderizer and put the bag in the fridge.

came back 6 hours later and cooked curry beef cubes over a  medium flame for almost 2 hours ... but still not tender.

Twincharged

hearsay... throw 2 tabs Panadol will solve the problem.

You think those hawkers really slow fire cook until.... [laugh]

i still have not open the pressure cooker i got from SPC ... i thk that might do the trick !!

Twincharged

not about cooking though ...

this one 350gm is AUD$15 ....

just think about the JackLinks selling in SG ...

post-2854-0-51436300-1531100672_thumb.jpg

Nerves still emitting "electric pulses" ? If you ever killed a chicken, you chop off the head and it can still run for a good few metres.

last time I worked in Japanese restaurant, knife the lobster take out the meat for sashimi, still moving even customer eat it.

Nerves still emitting "electric pulses" ? If you ever killed a chicken, you chop off the head and it can still run for a good few metres.

this meat has been carved out !!

the butcher must be super fast !

Twincharged

real beef also don't cost as much ....

Impossible plant-based meat goes on sale in FairPrice supermarkets and RedMart

Home cooks here will be able to buy Impossible, a plant-based meat substitute made by Impossible Foods in the United States, in 79 FairPrice stores and from online grocer RedMart starting this week.

A 340g pack will sell for $16.90, or about $5 for 100g, more expensive than a lot of supermarket ground beef. RedMart, for example, sells Master Grocer Australia's premium frozen grassfed minced beef for $6.95 for a 500g pack, which works out to $1.39 for 100g.

↡ Advertisement