Manhattan Motor in Turf City shuts down

Fett

I always insist on transfer on the spot when handing over cashier order....

same same, i do transfer and payment on same day ,

before that only give a 2k as advance booking.

↡ Advertisement

I believe this case is slightly different from other cases because the dealer is a sole proprietorship...so owner not so easy run away

And don't say I never give warning, those that take in house loan faces the same risk

• Praise 2

haha bro i'm not senior and experienced enough... thankfully i had someone to go with me for my 1st car purchase ðð

gone CASE ððð

Ask bb to accompany. She is the mod . No dare to cheat mcf. I also want to buy car everyweek. Hahaha

BB can said she is mcf mod. Throw the name card. PI sure ball shrink.

Twincharged

I always insist on transfer on the spot when handing over cashier order....

Can meh? Maybe for used cars... But can't do it this way for new cars.

this is a sure win scam in spore

no jail term for PI and dealer who sell car, take deposit some even collect full cash then close shop and never transfer car ownership. wtf to the max for spore rule of law [thumbsdown].

Similar to the tour agency failure also.

typical nanny state... everything also govt problem.. lol

maybe can set up some escrow service... But again must be handled by govt... Cuz they are the only one who cannot run away. And as usual, a fee for the service.
  • Praise 1

Ask bb to accompany. She is the mod . No dare to cheat mcf. I also want to buy car everyweek. Hahaha

BB can said she is mcf mod. Throw the name card. PI sure ball shrink.

waa excellent idea bro! Edited by kdash

escrow service no need by govt

can be a private company like insurance company

as long as the money dont go to ah beng ah seng PI to go MBS thinking they can double the return .. ok liao

i would rather that cost $500 more for extra admin fees for escrow service rather than PI run road

In any business transaction, there is a certain level of risk.

Pick your risks and execute accordingly.

If cannot accept risks, dont.

However i feel the Authority can do something as this is business fraud.

Whether monies will be recovered ultimately is another thing but the wronfdoers must be brought to justice

If we cant even do something simple and right in a bloody small country like ours.

Its lame.

By now, our scam rates should be near zero and our recovery rates should be near 100%

Its about being swift and hard on these b**tards.

• Praise 10

singapore is a tiny island end-to-end drive 1 hour nia

bukit batok got how many rats also can count

until now ah gong has no law no regulation to prevent and bring justice to the scumbags in one of the highest GDP contribution “business” ... smlj [mad]

whenever you kena cheated by PI and scumbag dealers

they are proud to yell at you ... sue me la ... go to Case la ... i dont give a fcuk

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

Must say that not all their cars on loan. Some of the cars they own. So it depends. If one has an inventory of 30-40cars maybe more than half should be on loan.

There are also some big boys with the full whole inventory of used cars that are fully paid for by cash.....

And there are some small timers whom borrow money for all the cars in their possession...... and their financiers are not the banks, but credit company who are the bigger names in the automotive industry, and they also buy in their cars from the financiers

I believe the business model is something like this nowadays... Big Brother got money and power, absorb a lot of used cars at good price (trade-ins at ADs), choose the cars they want. Then Big Brother sell the other used cars to Small Brothers..... If small brothers no money, then borrow from big brother...  Sometimes the chain goes even longer, one big big brother sweep all the trade-in cars from ADs, they then become distributor for the trade-in cars and sell to a few big brothers, who then pass it down

Note that more than a decade ago, a lot of SEs at ADs used to make good money working with various used car traders taking in customers used cars. Then someone higher up the chain took over

• Praise 4

Want to save some money on buying used car end up losing a lot more. It's really sad. Actually say what to be vigilant no use becoz the deal is based on trust. ADs have used car division, buy from them safer. No point gamble with PIs.

• Praise 2

singapore is a tiny island end-to-end drive 1 hour nia

bukit batok got how many rats also can count

until now ah gong has no law no regulation to prevent and bring justice to the scumbags in one of the highest GDP contribution âbusinessâ ... smlj [mad]

they are proud to yell at you ... sue me la ... go to Case la ... i dont give a fcuk

Such cheatings actually contribute to GDP increase. The cheater spends the money on ktv, MBS, restaurants etc, and the guys cheated have to spend one more time to get their cars....

Retail sales (and GST collection) actually go up, to the benefit of the government.

Who is BabyBlade? A nobody in the motoring scene. You should rub shoulders with my boss instead. Haah.

wah goddess you still unaware of your power in mcf

your one word or simply presence will rally thousands here to any mu or event

• Praise 2

actually a simple ruling like no dealer is allow to collect more then 10% of the total amount of car purchase before transfer of car is make. 

can work??

i any case, if dealer default on buyer, buyer no place to turn to.

if buyer default on dealer, dealer can easily tow the car back

Twincharged

been there, done that. sucked thumb.

police also can't do anything.

Like I mentioned. The deal works on mutual trust. Either one party, whether dealer or buyer, can play punk. Of course it's bigger news when certain PI dealer plays buyers out. Stories of buyers playing dealer out although not common doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

What I'm trying to say is that if ppl want some kinda rule to prevent this from happening be prepared that the rule will applies to both dealer and buyer. Don't comprain it's stupid when you decide to pull out of the deal w/o some sort of penalty.

Twincharged

Like I mentioned. The deal works on mutual trust. Either one party, whether dealer or buyer, can play punk. Of course it's bigger news when certain PI dealer plays buyers out. Stories of buyers playing dealer out although not common doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

What I'm trying to say is that if ppl want some kinda rule to prevent this from happening be prepared that the rule will applies to both dealer and buyer. Don't comprain it's stupid when you decide to pull out of the deal w/o some sort of penalty.

agreed ... the door swings both ways.

buyers and sellers both need protection ... usually the sellers gets in the news coz the play out many buyers.

but we never hear about buyers playing out seller in the news coz no seller is so stupid to be played out by many buyers at one go ! LOL !!

↡ Advertisement