Manhattan Motor in Turf City shuts down

Fett

Supercharged

Lien will be unlock the next day once full loan payment is made before cut-off time and at loan centre of respective banks.

For e.g., if owner has loan with UOB Bank, go to its loan centre in Tampine and make full settlement before 5pm (i think). The next day, lien will be unlock

think any branch will do: coincidentally bought a car with OCBC loan, went to settle balance at Thomson branch then next day went with owner to LTA to do transfer.

so if owner play punk and refuse to transfer then civil case liao.

best to find cars w/o outstanding loan or owner willing to ownself settle 1st so the transfer can be done 1st b4 handing over ur money.

↡ Advertisement

Lien will be unlock the next day once full loan payment is made before cut-off time and at loan centre of respective banks.

For e.g., if owner has loan with UOB Bank, go to its loan centre in Tampine and make full settlement before 5pm (i think).  The next day, lien will be unlock

That time my seller went early to Citibank and wait for them to open, by 2pm we already at LTA  [:)]

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Can pay road tax and traffic fines for 1.5 years and yet the ownership is not transferred???

Really dunno how is this possible???

:huh:

yes, it is possible.

happened to me for my first car also.

colleague recommended his used car dealer to me ... so i thought nothing could go wrong .... Boy !! was i dead wrong !!

• Praise 1

I dunno man. So much debate. Just don't buy 2nd hand car.

Depreciation ard same as new car. I'm talking about the normal bread n butter.

Risk of failure etc.

If cannot afford new car then save up first.

But if talking about the high end 7 series.lexus 460. I agree 2nd hand much cheaper

Are you advocating full cash only and if cannot, just Fark off?

Buying cars in sg really so troublesome n stressful plus expensive e

No stress lah. All my used cars are bought from direct owners. Sent to my workshop for inspection and done deal if everything is OK. Cheaper some more....

Edited by Hoseyboh
  • Praise 1

FFS, just go to those reputable credit cum 2nd hand car dealer..

They got money to burn..

Not like those with fanciful names which tends to piew..

That’s my perspective hor..

• Praise 11

FFS, just go to those reputable credit cum 2nd hand car dealer..

They got money to burn..

Not like those with fanciful names which tends to piew..

That’s my perspective hor..

Read the reviews too, from forum to social media.

May get a better understanding of the dealer.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Read the reviews too, from forum to social media.

May get a better understanding of the dealer.

well, like pyramid schemes: everything is great, until they aren't

Edited by Eyke
  • Praise 1

well, like pyramid schemes: everything things great, until they aren't

Those sites that always 100% positive reviews, I don't want to 100% believe.  [laugh]

The dealer totally planned to conned these 20 cases of full payment buyer.

Those who took loan -- I dont think the dealer bother as the cash amount involved are peanuts.

So.... moral of the story ---> dont show off by paying in FOOL.... lol [:p]  

• Praise 1

Authority may not want to restrict biz but surely when come to such big ticket items, some form of governess should apply.

Online ownership of the vehicle registration number should be made available if that is not now. PDPA can be overcome without giving the other information beside name. A soft copy of the transfer will be sent to the existing and new owners to inform them of the change.

Such info should be updated within 3 working days since transfer of ownership comes with a fee. If you don't get your car registered within 3 days, then something is fishy.

Toothless tiger giving useless advice....again

The last time I seek CASE help before anything, they asked if I was a member. I said politely I was asking a general question, replied on short, no membership no talk.

I have not seen CASE help since but instead seek SCT instead which is cheap and fairly effective.

• Praise 1

i've gone to a MPS and these (cow)grass-roots guys will talk to u 1st, try to screen u out, saying they will write letter on your behalf and get MP to sign, so their MP can go back early and these grass-roots guys can have their supper earlier too!

The relevant authorities receive so many appeals bearing MPs' signatures that letters signed by MPs no longer hold any weight.

In your respective wards, even if you write to MP, they will just CC to the relevant authorities. Full stop.

Just write in directly yourself with strongly worded letter.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/manhattan-motor-in-turf-city-shuts-down-car-buyers-may-lose-tens-of-thousands-of?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1512106715

attachicon.gifbp_manhattan_motor_011217_69.jpg

Manhattan Motor in Turf City shuts down, car buyers may lose tens of thousands of dollars

Manhattan Motor closed shop after leaving more than 20 buyers without cars which they have paid for.

The car has since been repossessed, and Manhattan has closed shop.

Asked why he did not buy from authorised agent Volkswagen Centre Singapore, which has a used car division, he said: "I didn't want to spend too much on a car. The (Manhattan) price was right. I did an internet search on the company and there were no bad reviews.

"I've bought two used cars before, and never had a problem," he added.

He bought the six-year-old car for $70,000 and paid $50,000 in cash.

Volkswagen Centre Singapore said it does not have a similar car in stock currently, but estimated that one would cost around $50,000.

Police said they have received "more than 20" reports from consumers regarding Manhattan Motor. "We are looking into the matter," a spokesman said.

Auto Lease Pte Ltd, one of the companies that repossessed the cars sold by Manhattan Motor, had already towed back seven cars. "Four are still at large," said director Anthony Lim.

Happening more and more often these days. Im sure its hurting all the other Parallel Importers as people lose faith in smaller dealers. what do you think can be done to stop this?

Is VW Singapore trying to imply that their used cars are selling at almost 30% cheaper than use car dealers ? 

The relevant authorities receive so many appeals bearing MPs' signatures that letters signed by MPs no longer hold any weight.

In your respective wards, even if you write to MP, they will just CC to the relevant authorities. Full stop.

Just write in directly yourself with strongly worded letter.

Is VW Singapore trying to imply that their used cars are selling at almost 30% cheaper than use car dealers ?

VW lowblow the poor buyer

Suaning him

↡ Advertisement