COE Bidding – 1st Round of December 2017

Carbon82

ADs are adjusted their COE rebate downwards, as they are anticipating a lower COE price in Jan 18, after CEV tax cut in...that's will somehow cushion the selling price of the car from escalating too high

Edited by Elepoo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

absolutely right. the coe up/down are covered by buyers and any "extra" ... considered bonus + margin ... huat ah!

margin is already confirmed whether coe is $10k or $100k

COE is cost for the car .... how can the margin be the same when the prices of COE changes.

What i am saying .... you win some/you lose some.  

If COE do fall ... it would be good for buyers as they could get some rebates based on the rebate level set by the ADs.

• Praise 1

ADs are adjusted their COE rebate downwards, as they are anticipating a lower COE price in Jan 18, after CEV tax cut in...that's will somehow cushion the selling price of the car from escalating too high

COE wil decline a bit but those who are buying VES impacted car would have to pay more in total but those who are buy non VES impact car will pay slightly less i guess.

Sorry for misleading you with my simplified explanation. My bad.

I am sure you gotten a good deal with the higher $4k value in COE, compared to the value on the week you booked the car.

I am happy you & ur friends have gained and made the AD absorbed the extra increase $$ in COE cost. Huat Ah.

Don't mislead people leh ....

My friend boked his car during the Car Expo and COE was at 41k. He got his COE during the 2nd bid in November and COE was 46k. The car cost 5k more and he did not top up a single cent.

When I booked my car, COE also went up by 4k, I also did not top up a single cent.

Just wondering who bear the extra cost for the COE ?

If you buy the big Gs, whatever the COE prices, if you booked you get your car .... they have fat margin to play with COE.

• Praise 1

Attrage is for ppl who hate cars

To further add, the Attrage is for Uber. Sat in one of Attrage recently, car doesn't seem very stable and can hear CVT drone when driver try to accelerate.
  • Praise 1

To further add, the Attrage is for Uber. Sat in one of Attrage recently, car doesn't seem very stable and can hear CVT drone when driver try to accelerate.

it is a point A to point B car at the lowest possible price you can find in SGP. so cannot expect much but it moves and serves the purpose. 

• Praise 1

The front is surprising big for such a small car. Not very stable but considered value for money. Don’t know what cvt drone is.

Can make from dealer quite rare.

Edited by nazerath

Comfortdelgro just bought 51% of lion city rental, means coe will still maintain 40k thereabout lah.. just less n less taxi n more rental vehicles..

• Praise 1

Based on the press releases NTA for LCR fleet of 12450 cars is 642M.  The ave car price is 51K.  Comfort paid 295M for 51% stakes ...... They no need to buy new car liao ....... Instant ownships of Uber car.

Comfort got a good deal lor.

Price War is about to start.  Good News for everybody except Comfort, Grab, Uber, Car Owner lor

New car buyer may actually benefit.  To finish the Price War, Car price need to drop lor.

Let see what stock market have to say on Monday.

Comfortdelgro just bought 51% of lion city rental, means coe will still maintain 40k thereabout lah.. just less n less taxi n more rental vehicles..

Based on the press releases NTA for LCR fleet of 12450 cars is 642M. The ave car price is 51K. Comfort paid 295M for 51% stakes ...... They no need to buy new car liao ....... Instant ownships of Uber car.

Price War is about to start. Good News for everybody except Comfort, Grab, Uber, Car Owner lor

New car buyer may actually benefit. To finish the Price War, Car price need to drop lor.

Price war
  • Praise 1

Based on the press releases NTA for LCR fleet of 12450 cars is 642M. The ave car price is 51K. Comfort paid 295M for 51% stakes ...... They no need to buy new car liao ....... Instant ownships of Uber car.

Price War is about to start. Good News for everybody except Comfort, Grab, Uber, Car Owner lor

New car buyer may actually benefit. To finish the Price War, Car price need to drop lor.

Interesting, warchest ready. When is the show starting? Uber/CDG versus Grab/ SMRT.

https://www.grab.com/sg/press/business/grab-secures-us700-million-in-debt-facilities-and-deepens-partnership-with-smrt-to-create-southeast-asias-largest-car-rental-fleet/

There are 65K PHV lor, Comfort only have 12450 lor.  What happened to the 53K PHV ?  Grab ?  Ownself ?

Comfort sure want to get even with Grab lor .....

Price war

when coe fall below rebate level, the biggest winner is AD cos it has achieved max margin.

COE is cost for the car .... how can the margin be the same when the prices of COE changes.

What i am saying .... you win some/you lose some.  

If COE do fall ... it would be good for buyers as they could get some rebates based on the rebate level set by the ADs.

• Praise 1

The front is surprising big for such a small car. Not very stable but considered value for money. Donât know what cvt drone is.

Can make from dealer quite rare.

Well u know some ang mo car reviews call the CVT "Constant Vocal Transmission". Go figure that out. Edited by No_worries
  • Praise 1

@alphaqman

Used car depreciation is higher than new car, so it makes sense to purchase a new car and use for 10 years.

3 year old - dep $9500 a year

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=593881&DL=2428

Brand new - dep $8,600 a year with 5 years warranty

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11322

But truth is how many people can actually drive the same car for 10 yrs?? Many would change along the course.

when coe fall below rebate level, the biggest winner is AD cos it has achieved max margin.

You hit the nail, but the psychological hope for coe crash and rebate will always be there.

Market is so so average at best, with quota reduction yet COE did not spike but dropped $4-5K two days back. Plus now is year end, AD all rushing to deliver cars, yet still can drop?? Plus, now December school holidays..all go vacation!! All this gives some gravity on indication!!

Intention is to draw crowd and traffic, there would be terms and conditions definitely!!

Prob they cleared their stocks during the last two bids already? Quite a few models I asked are out of stock and got to wait tilll next year. The drop on this I see is more of to draw crowds back and also to cushion the ves next year i feel. Edited by Andyngps
  • Praise 1

I have a feeling...PI knows that the COE going south. Looking at todays bidding exercise...like no rush & power.

Which means, they know something we do not know. Highly likely trade secret of dealers

Likely, all dunno anything until the VES kicks in. Reality starts when the govt starts taxing. Also, there is zero car growth another unknown force. A owner who scrape his car after 10 years likely wants to get a COE for his new ride, Non- car owners would also come in to "fight" for this particular COE. So I think everybody also dunno what to expect so will stop rushing in. Likely, initial stage early next year car price may drop because everybody don't know what to expect. After awhile it may right back to the norm.

Based on 51% Cömfört paid around $10,000 per car !!!
↡ Advertisement