COE Bidding – 1st Round of December 2017

Carbon82

Rebate at 39k means they will have to refund you the difference if the COE goes below 39k. E.g. if COE is 36k, they will have to pay you back 3k. Normally this is set at an unrealistically low value as no PI will want to refund you any money. Realistically, they will be bidding much higher than this amount.

No worry bro, we are all behind you here.

By right if the coe rebate is set at 39k, they can jolly bid coe for you not higher than 39k de, if they dont want to close the deal, lol.

↡ Advertisement

This is from LTA Publication for the General Public lor ..... Garment afraid that we got makan by dealer, so little left for them to makan.

Anyway, for Nov 2017, your Shuttle is missing implied that for the whole of Nov.  No one register a Shuttle lor.

You can check in the OMV section and derive the rest of the cost by yourself .....

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/open_market_value.html

You are bidding CAT A, so I presumed a non hydrid version, but there are many variants.....

As for the rebate, the most obvious, is that it provide you the worst case COE cost lower bracket should there be a sudden downtrend lor .....

For example, if COE suddenly drop to 36K and if rebate is set at 39K, you get back 3K lor .... or 3K off contract price.

.....I bought my car at C&C, their definition :

a) Same as above.

b) They will not bid BELOW the rebate price.

c) 6NG means that they will bid more than rebate price for 6 consecutive bids.

d) They are free to use CAT E.

SE told me, I can ask for compensation should they violate the above.  

this link for AD only?

I dnt see Honda shuttle in the list.

I dnt really understand rebate 39k doesn't mean I get deal at 39k..can clarify more on this?

sorry for my noob question.

TIA

Edited by Apple-Tree

Rebate at 39k means they will have to refund you the difference if the COE goes below 39k. E.g. if COE is 36k, they will have to pay you back 3k. Normally this is set at an unrealistically low value as no PI will want to refund you any money. Realistically, they will be bidding much higher than this amount.

No worry bro, we are all behind you here.

Some AD rebate level is 3K from the last COE closing bid.

While that seems reasonable, most always never get to drop more then 3K.

• Praise 1

will it continue to drop?

I think coe will drop in order to offset the VES thingy so car price will be roughly the same.

Anyway coe is play by AD.

Those non-affected VES car(because it is usually cheaper), price will be increase by AD to match the affected VES car(usually more expensive).Of cos price will be set abit lower if not who will buy?

Anyway which AD do not want more profit.

Those that cannot, not willing or whatever reasons do not want to buy new car will renew coe.

This will sure put pressure on the coe since no new supply.

Just visit a paint shop recently for some paint work touch-up.The boss told me a lot of old cars come to respray cos just renew coe by their owner.

So coe will drop but it wont stay long if more people choose to renew.

• Praise 3

Agree that AD will subtly raise the non-affected VES car prices upward to maximise profits.

Reasons like 2018 higher costprice set by factory, Sing$ exchange rate unfavourable, better features higher OMV, etc.

I think coe will drop in order to offset the VES thingy so car price will be roughly the same.

Anyway coe is play by AD.

Those non-affected VES car(because it is usually cheaper), price will be increase by AD to match the affected VES car(usually more expensive).Of cos price will be set abit lower if not who will buy?

the 1st and 2nd bidding was at 47k he just say unable to secure my coe nvr states hw much he bid

3rd bidding nvr updte me at all even coe drop at 42k

as this is my last 4th bidding hopefully coe drop la..like u say.finger crossed.

thks for ur helpful input guys..

So bro, did you get your COE?

ahhhh....

YESSSS.....at last!!

my rebate 39k

thank you guys!!

Congrats! Enjoy your new car!

No leh, only stated current reserved price. Buy anyway I have check with my SE, it should be confirm

Congrats then!

Congrats! You will still get a refund of $800.

COE dropped $4000. Buyer refund $800. Dealer makan $3200. Hard truth.
↡ Advertisement