COE Bidding – 1st Round of December 2017

Carbon82

i believe no COE...

Profit seeking enterprise and don't need to pay COE, you must be on another planet.  Muayhahaha....

Just kidding, I am pretty sure COE is a must, if electric car don't need COE, then it would really make a mockery of the carlite and zero growth policies.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

COE is needed for the BlueSG car. In fact I am surprise the OMV is $34K (though CEVS is -$30K) for such an electric car.

post-194101-0-43182100-1512439361_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Just wondering are we heading in the right direction toward car-lite society.

On one hand, we are encouraging people to take public transport, but on the other hand we are encouraging enterprise to come out with car sharing solution and eventually more players will come into play.

Going back to basic, discouraging private car ownership , encouraging enterprise ownership, net effect >>> no change

-_- -_- -_- -_- -_-

Newspaper report mentioned its a full taxed car arounf $100,000 per car.

So COE is inclusive.

This means more demand for COE in 2018/19 if this trial is a success!

Told u all government always got new pattern to spike the coe price
  • Praise 1

Just wondering are we heading in the right direction toward car-lite society.

On one hand, we are encouraging people to take public transport, but on the other hand we are encouraging enterprise to come out with car sharing solution and eventually more players will come into play.

Going back to basic, discouraging private car ownership , encouraging enterprise ownership, net effect >>> no change

-_- -_- -_- -_- -_-

Taxi is public or private transport? Whether it is owned by an individual or corporate is not important.  

With the shared services, hopefully more will give up private ownership and rent a car occasionally but most time, they expect you to BMW.

Think will be any same as last round

I also think so. The recent spike in COE are because there are quite a lot of people rushing to book their cars before the CEVS get taken away. 

Also, I believe that all the existing PIs will want to get rid of their cars before year end for the same reasons.

Two more COEs to go before 2018....

Good luck man....

Edited by Ten
  • Praise 1