COE Bidding – 1st Round of December 2017

Carbon82

Demand is weak for sure.

Else there is no way AD will let it drop today.

Tomorrow newspaper sure got super good deal packages.

I think Attrage may even fall back to $69,999 price level this weekends!!!

Crowded showrooms this weekend
↡ Advertisement

Ok. managed to get COE. Should I happy or not when to see the COE crash down .... next round could be lower again?

Be contented of what you have got. Not everyone is lucky to get one so fast.

Crowded showrooms this weekend

Many Singaporeans go overseas in school holidays.

How to be crowded? [laugh]

Turbocharged

Don't understand what is there to be congratulated when buyers get a lower COE AFTER signing to buy a car at a supposingly higher COE. 

Example. Before buying, i would naturally want COE to be it's lowest as overall car price will be lower. But once I signed on the dotted line, loan approved, I would wish get the COE to be as high as possible with the agreed price signed.

My 5 cents.

• Praise 4

Don't understand what is there to be congratulated when buyers get a lower COE AFTER signing to buy a car at a supposingly higher COE.

Example. Before buying, i would naturally want COE to be it's lowest as overall car price will be lower. But once I signed on the dotted line, loan approved, I would wish get the COE to be as high as possible with the agreed price signed.

My 5 cents.

Yes, i agree with you as well on this part. Of course, it is a good thing when getting COE also but we have our expectation too as a buyer.

COE down but add in ves surcharge, price not much differentðð

i rather pay $10k for COE than VES

COE after 5 years still got $5k

VES ... day 1 ... ah gong pocket $10k liao ... left $0

• Praise 1

My 5 cents.

Well, when you sign the dotted line, you should expect the unexpected already. 

Now it is about the price only. What if the govt suddenly change the rules and allow 10 year loans again or banks decided to lower car loan interest rates to less than 2%? Are those who bought going to brood over all these forever?

Actually VES rebate affect the arf, not sure if surcharge is computed into the arf?

those who bought from Borneo or Kah motor for the CAT should get 1k+ rebate since their rebate is at 44k, Other AD not sure, if you are paying more and get the COE, AD who will be celebrating this Christmas with few more K each car.. huat ar!!!!

My 5 cents.

Well that’s the game with buying a car. Car prices are set based on the past coe.thus the best time to buy would be when coe drops to the lowest. However if you don’t have a guaranteed coe you also take a gamble if you get the best deal should coe continue to rise after a low coe for 6 continuous bids.

At least you congratulate yourself on getting a coe. You could always end up not getting a coe at all and have the anguish of hoping during every bidding that you might get it. This of course usually happens after a big dip in coe. Like the case for the 36k CatA.

It has been like that for 26years of coe biddings and will continue to be so going forwards.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

My 5 cents.

there are still many that buy the car when the COE drop to 36K with low prices but not able to get the COE due to the quantum is high last few rounds,  especially those bought the car with NG COE package. 

on the contrary, i rather pay $10k VES than COE 

VES after 10 yrs still got $5k back when you scrap vehicle

COE after 10 yrs , left $0

• Praise 1

on the contrary, i rather pay $10k VES than COE 

VES after 10 yrs still got $5k back when you scrap vehicle

COE after 10 yrs , left $0

VES surcharge will not increase your PARF Value. Your PARF value will be 50% of your original ARF value when you scrap in 10 years.

Edited by Leo72

my package w PI is 4 bids Guarantee no top up. Till now they din bid for past 3 bids. what does this mean? if next round they dont bid n deliver means....take them to civil court?

VES surcharge will not increase your PARF Value. Your PARF value will be 50% of your original ARF value when you scrap in 10 years.

VES is paid as part of ARF (Additional Registration Fee).

Thus, you will get back 50% of it upon scrapping at 10th year.

my package w PI is 4 bids Guarantee no top up. Till now they din bid for past 3 bids. what does this mean? if next round they dont bid n deliver means....take them to civil court?

You're at the losing end. Unless the contract did specify when they're supposed to bid the COE for you and when the car is to be deliver, they can counter that they didn't bid for you as the car is not ready. Hope that your PI is a trustworthy PI who'll deliver your car.

There are PIs who deliver cars with one bid just before the car is due to be deliver to customer even though the contract stated 4bids Guarantee, one shot one kill to save some paper works and costs.

Edited by Leo72

yes. VES surcharge is upfront “tax” or “penalty” for driving powderful and un-green car

i rather pay $10K more for COE than VES surcharge which has no “rebate” whatsoever

here is the layman explanation

https://www.littlebigreddot.com/effects-cevs-ves-car-pricing/

VES rebate also kena makan by Dealer

ie VES rebate $10K but dealer didn’t really cut car price by $10K vis-a-vis

but PARF is reduced by $10K ... [mad]

Edited by Wt_know

You're at the losing end. Unless the contract did specify when they're supposed to bid the COE for you and when the car is to be deliver, they can counter that they didn't bid for you as the car is not ready. Hope that your PI is a trustworthy PI who'll deliver your car.

There are PIs who deliver cars with one bid just before the car is due to be deliver to customer even though the contract stated 4bids Guarantee, one shot one kill to save some paper works and costs.

Cannot be la. 4 bids means 4 consecutive bids after the contract is signed. If not, put 4 bids for what? But no harm clarifying with the PI.
↡ Advertisement