2018 FIFA World Cup

Civic2000

Where is that Gambling Dad ??? :yuush:

I want his son (should be in secondary school now) to predict the winner for 2018 WC ... :a-happy:

After last winning, do he still gamble ??? .... :wut:

↡ Advertisement

Expect to pay a lot more to watch World Cup in Singapore: Experts

Analysts predict Singapore football fans can expect a sharp jump from the $112 they paid four years ago if they want to watch this year's live telecast of the World Cup.

While broadcasters here have yet to agree on a deal with rights holder Infront Sports & Media - with just four months to the tournament in Russia - other regions have seen the cost of rights jump significantly, experts pointed out.

In Hong Kong, which is a market similar to Singapore, Chinese Internet firm LeEco paid over HK$400 million (S$67 million) to secure the rights for the June 14 to July 15 event, a nearly 30 per cent increase from the reported US$40 million television station TVB paid in 2014 for the tournament held in Brazil. In the United States, Fox Sports paid US$425 million (S$558 million) for rights to the 2018 and 2022 World Cups - but this was before the US team was eliminated from the finals. ESPN had paid US$100 million for the previous two editions.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/expect-to-pay-a-lot-more-to-watch-world-cup

Sianz to hear this. I’m a big follower of the WC but it’s really priced out of an average viewer’s budget n like all things, there is a limit to what we can pay n i seriously hope the ever increasing price backfires on the distributors n the TV companies buying it!

• Praise 6

only singapore kena pay more? another first world problem?

Cut throat.. I guess singtel and starhub this time gonna make a big loss for world cup rights that they bought Lao.. Orbi good..

Edited by Wt_know

Cut throat.. I guess singtel and starhub this time gonna make a big loss for world cup rights that they bought Lao.. Orbi good..

I blame singtel 100%.

Bloody stupid. Nobody put a gun to their head. They think they landed a bloody coup. Its not. Its just a screwed up small-time sme led by a dumb ahsoh that put its carrot head on the chopping block and without any guilt told singapore fans thats how how markets work. I've watched the world cup even before those singtel disaster executives were born and now they've destroyed it for me. Fu k them.

• Praise 3

if its really so expensive then go cafes and cc to watch. then semi finals and finals on FTA TV.

I usually go to pubs to watch and drink beer.

It is wise and prudent to choose the right pub also. [laugh]

I usually go to pubs to watch and drink beer.

It is wise and prudent to choose the right pub also. [laugh]

not sure which ones are good as the usual places will be packed especially during the good matches... 

maybe we can start a list here  [laugh]

My eyes will be on Group C and F. France and Germany.

I’ve been a supporter of the French team since the 1998 World Cup. I remember watching the finals then with my late Dad. That was also how my love for Arsenal started as a huge part of the French team were playing for Arsenal.

That World Cup winning team has players like Zizou, Deschamp, Lizarazu, Viera, Petit, Barthez, Desailly etc. T Henry was not even a regular national team player then. He was with David Treguezet. That was a French team that won the World Cup without a main target striker.

Fast forward to the team of today. I suppose you like and support players like AG7 and Paul Pogba. [:p]

That World Cup winning team has players like Zizou, Deschamp, Lizarazu, Viera, Petit, Barthez, Desailly etc. T Henry was not even a regular national team player then. He was with David Treguezet. That was a French team that won the World Cup without a main target striker.

Fast forward to the team of today. I suppose you like and support players like AG7 and Paul Pogba. [:p]

Sorry who is AG7?

• Praise 3

That World Cup winning team has players like Zizou, Deschamp, Lizarazu, Viera, Petit, Barthez, Desailly etc. T Henry was not even a regular national team player then. He was with David Treguezet. That was a French team that won the World Cup without a main target striker.

i quite liked the WC2006 French team too. too bad they didnt win (stupid Materazzi)... 

post-195148-0-61451800-1519024786.jpg

i quite liked the WC2006 French team too. too bad they didnt win (stupid Materazzi)... 

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

zidane was simply sublime until he got sent off. the italians couldn't take the ball off him.

very masterful though he had no speed left at that age.

↡ Advertisement