Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
90 replies to this topic | 329 praises

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:10 AM

carloverguy2017
  • carloverguy2017
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The Last Of The Woodlands Centre.

A Tribute Short Film to Singapore's Iconic Location In The North.

Icedbs, Tianmo, UncleAtas, Dleodleo, Mustank, F355, BanCoe, 1 other member and 1 Anonymous member praised this
It's PNE ! PLay Not Enough lah...

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:00 AM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Quite sad for me to see this.......used to hangout a lot at this place when I was in my teens. I probably queue before to use one of those phones in the video.

Use to be a really thriving center. The KFC there when first opened, was really crowded. The food center there was one of the biggest and the best and the Oriental Emporium is always flocked with people. The bus interchange here will bring both the local and Msian crowds.

I think the growing gap between SGD and RM kills this place. Malaysians come to this place in hordes back in the 80s. Then of course Woodlands started to have other Malls and this place started to lose even the local crowds.

I hope they would redevelop it into something better, but it is going to be hard to pull back crowds to this location.

Dleodleo, Mustank, F355, Lok666, Roadrunner2029, RH1667 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:22 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

This place starts to decline after the bus interchange was moved to Woodlands Central in the late 1990s.

Mustank, Beehive3783 and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I thought the food center relocate to the new one near Admiralty MRT station? Design looks kinda like the Tiong Bahru foodcenter/market. I think going to open soon. It's in the news.

Mustank and 1 Anonymous member praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:13 PM

Toyota82
  • Premium member
    Toyota82
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I thought the food center relocate to the new one near Admiralty MRT station? Design looks kinda like the Tiong Bahru foodcenter/market. I think going to open soon. It's in the news.

Wrong

It was relocated to the new food center beside the swimming complex between woodland and marsiling MRT

Mustank, BanCoe and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:33 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I remembered once after a bowling session with friends that ended 10 plus at night. Was going down the underpass when a hoarse voice said suddenly...."abang....20 ringgit for bj". Knn.....a transvestite offering her services....ccb...gave me me a bloody fright!:omg:
UncleAtas, Dleodleo, Mustank, BanCoe and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:16 PM

Dleodleo
  • Premium member
    Dleodleo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I hope they would redevelop it into something better, but it is going to be hard to pull back crowds to this location.

http://www.straitsti...nds-town-centre

It had to give way for Woodlands Checkpoint expansion.

Edited by Dleodleo, 02 December 2017 - 06:22 PM.

Mustank, Pinobii, Carbon82, Mercs, Angcheek, RH1667 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:20 PM

Toyota82
  • Premium member
    Toyota82
    4th Gear
    Author Image

F355, DACH and Dleodleo praised this

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:21 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I remembered once after a bowling session with friends that ended 10 plus at night. Was going down the underpass when a hoarse voice said suddenly...."abang....20 ringgit for bj". Knn.....a transvestite offering her services....ccb...gave me me a bloody fright!:omg:

abang, continue the story lah

after the fright, then you took out 20 ringgit already .......

got enough left for tips?

😂🤣
Mustank, Pocy and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:28 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

😂🤣

hahaha.....bro after bowling session i had enough of having my balls wiped....😂😂😂. Really gave me a fright sia......going down the underpass to the bus stop opposite the town garden and a hoarse voice bellowed from the dark....knn! If other lower mortals i think the fella would have bolted and ran across the road! Thats what i nearly did!😂😂😂
Leinad8919 praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:44 PM

Karoon
  • Premium member
    Karoon
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

the replacement is called Marsiling Mall..... not sure if its a mall, or a hawker centre called a mall

Mustank and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:00 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

😂🤣

bro, i found some pictures of the underpass entrance. If at night sure very scary wan!old-woodlands-town-centre-underpass.jpg
old-woodlands-town-centre-underpass3.jpg
Dleodleo praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:55 PM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

As a Woodlander this makes me a bit sad. Always remember going to the McDonald's as a kid (last time quite big, got playground). And where the Shing Shiong was, there used to be A&W's (and then after that Arnold's). The KFC has been there pretty much forever.

Still remember the Emporium also opposite the KFC. Used to always go there and look at toys.

[smallcry]

Dleodleo and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:10 PM

Lok666
  • Lok666
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Used to park at the open air carpark and walk over to checkpoint when I didn't want to drive into JB for a day trip. After coming back, will sometimes tabao KFC or Mac home. Will miss this place.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:38 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

There is an underpass there? Underpass to where?

Edited by 13177, 02 December 2017 - 10:39 PM.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:49 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

There is an underpass there? Underpass to where?

Near the old Post Office or the Singtel office (not sure which) and exit is across the road at the old woodlands town garden near the cashcard kiosk.
Together We stand Alone

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:58 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Near the old Post Office or the Singtel office (not sure which) and exit is across the road at the old woodlands town garden near the cashcard kiosk.

Totally dont know about this underpass. Anyway, another nostagic place is gone. Sad.
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:14 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Totally dont know about this underpass. Anyway, another nostagic place is gone. Sad.

Marsiling have 2 underpass...one is further away from the mosque near to the community centre and lead across the road to block 20 somethings (this wan is famous for the urine stench).
The want at old woodland town centre is located just at the exit of the big carpark and leads to old woodlands town garden tower. I also seldom go there.....dont like that garden with all the unsavoury characters hanging around it last time.
Think there was a drowning case a few yrs back at the pond! If not wrong a mentally challenged boy fall into the drain that leads to the pond and drowned!

Edited by Eviilusion, 02 December 2017 - 11:20 PM.

Together We stand Alone

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:07 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

bro, i found some pictures of the underpass entrance. If at night sure very scary wan!attachicon.gifold-woodlands-town-centre-underpass.jpg
attachicon.gifold-woodlands-town-centre-underpass3.jpg

Is it haunted at night?

I seen it before when I drove past there. Looks very deserted.

But I believe should be a popular hangout in the 1980s.  :mellow:

As a Woodlander this makes me a bit sad. Always remember going to the McDonald's as a kid (last time quite big, got playground). And where the Shing Shiong was, there used to be A&W's (and then after that Arnold's). The KFC has been there pretty much forever.

Still remember the Emporium also opposite the KFC. Used to always go there and look at toys.

[smallcry]

Emporium is epic. There was actually two in Ang Mo Kio Central when it was at its peak. Last one opened was in Tiong Bahru Plaza. Now no more.  [bigcry] It was so 80s.

Anyway, when is the whole area closing?

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:13 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Really missed the 70s and 80s places.

It tells us how much Singapore had progressed back then.  :mellow:

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: woodlands centre, demolish, johor and 6 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users