The Last Of Woodlands Centre , A short film tribute.

carloverguy2017

Quite sad for me to see this.......used to hangout a lot at this place when I was in my teens. I probably queue before to use one of those phones in the video.

Use to be a really thriving center. The KFC there when first opened, was really crowded. The food center there was one of the biggest and the best and the Oriental Emporium is always flocked with people. The bus interchange here will bring both the local and Msian crowds.

I think the growing gap between SGD and RM kills this place. Malaysians come to this place in hordes back in the 80s. Then of course Woodlands started to have other Malls and this place started to lose even the local crowds.

I hope they would redevelop it into something better, but it is going to be hard to pull back crowds to this location.

• Praise 7

I thought the food center relocate to the new one near Admiralty MRT station? Design looks kinda like the Tiong Bahru foodcenter/market. I think going to open soon. It's in the news.

• Praise 2

I thought the food center relocate to the new one near Admiralty MRT station? Design looks kinda like the Tiong Bahru foodcenter/market. I think going to open soon. It's in the news.

Wrong

It was relocated to the new food center beside the swimming complex between woodland and marsiling MRT

• Praise 3

I remembered once after a bowling session with friends that ended 10 plus at night. Was going down the underpass when a hoarse voice said suddenly...."abang....20 ringgit for bj". Knn.....a transvestite offering her services....ccb...gave me me a bloody fright!:omg:

• Praise 5

I remembered once after a bowling session with friends that ended 10 plus at night. Was going down the underpass when a hoarse voice said suddenly...."abang....20 ringgit for bj". Knn.....a transvestite offering her services....ccb...gave me me a bloody fright!:omg:

abang, continue the story lah

after the fright, then you took out 20 ringgit already .......

got enough left for tips?

• Praise 3

As a Woodlander this makes me a bit sad. Always remember going to the McDonald's as a kid (last time quite big, got playground). And where the Shing Shiong was, there used to be A&W's (and then after that Arnold's). The KFC has been there pretty much forever.

Still remember the Emporium also opposite the KFC. Used to always go there and look at toys.

[smallcry]

• Praise 2

Used to park at the open air carpark and walk over to checkpoint when I didn't want to drive into JB for a day trip. After coming back, will sometimes tabao KFC or Mac home. Will miss this place.

• Praise 1

There is an underpass there? Underpass to where? Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

There is an underpass there? Underpass to where?

Near the old Post Office or the Singtel office (not sure which) and exit is across the road at the old woodlands town garden near the cashcard kiosk.

Near the old Post Office or the Singtel office (not sure which) and exit is across the road at the old woodlands town garden near the cashcard kiosk.

Totally dont know about this underpass. Anyway, another nostagic place is gone. Sad.

Totally dont know about this underpass. Anyway, another nostagic place is gone. Sad.

Marsiling have 2 underpass...one is further away from the mosque near to the community centre and lead across the road to block 20 somethings (this wan is famous for the urine stench).

The want at old woodland town centre is located just at the exit of the big carpark and leads to old woodlands town garden tower. I also seldom go there.....dont like that garden with all the unsavoury characters hanging around it last time.

Think there was a drowning case a few yrs back at the pond! If not wrong a mentally challenged boy fall into the drain that leads to the pond and drowned!

Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement