The Last Of Woodlands Centre , A short film tribute.

carloverguy2017

bro, i found some pictures of the underpass entrance. If at night sure very scary wan!attachicon.gifold-woodlands-town-centre-underpass.jpg

attachicon.gifold-woodlands-town-centre-underpass3.jpg

Is it haunted at night?

I seen it before when I drove past there. Looks very deserted.

But I believe should be a popular hangout in the 1980s.  :mellow:

As a Woodlander this makes me a bit sad. Always remember going to the McDonald's as a kid (last time quite big, got playground). And where the Shing Shiong was, there used to be A&W's (and then after that Arnold's). The KFC has been there pretty much forever.

Still remember the Emporium also opposite the KFC. Used to always go there and look at toys.

[smallcry]

Emporium is epic. There was actually two in Ang Mo Kio Central when it was at its peak. Last one opened was in Tiong Bahru Plaza. Now no more.  [bigcry] It was so 80s.

Anyway, when is the whole area closing?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Totally dont know about this underpass. Anyway, another nostagic place is gone. Sad.

Really missed the 70s and 80s places.

It tells us how much Singapore had progressed back then.  :mellow:

Is it haunted at night?

I seen it before when I drove past there. Looks very deserted.

But I believe should be a popular hangout in the 1980s. :mellow:

Emporium is epic. There was actually two in Ang Mo Kio Central when it was at its peak. Last one opened was in Tiong Bahru Plaza. Now no more. [bigcry] It was so 80s.

Anyway, when is the whole area closing?

dont know bro....i dont live in Marsiling but people say its eerie at night and marsiling has a lot of drug problems in the 80s so had TPY, Amk and Bedok....hahaha....but of course not as bad as Marsiling.

I lived in AMK from 79 and ya Emporium was famous back then and the other AMK Plaza (not sure if its related to Emporium) was the other. There was also a stationery shop Sembawang Bookstore that sold sports good and we used to buy our soccer boots there.

I remembered once after a bowling session with friends that ended 10 plus at night. Was going down the underpass when a hoarse voice said suddenly...."abang....20 ringgit for bj". Knn.....a transvestite offering her services....ccb...gave me me a bloody fright!:omg:

Abang you lied.

I read your posts, nothing scares you except yourself in the mirror.

• Praise 2

Abang you lied.

I read your posts, nothing scares you except yourself in the mirror.

of course de! Everytime i see myself in the mirror and seeing myself getting older of course i scared lar...

Marsiling have 2 underpass...one is further away from the mosque near to the community centre and lead across the road to block 20 somethings (this wan is famous for the urine stench).

The want at old woodland town centre is located just at the exit of the big carpark and leads to old woodlands town garden tower. I also seldom go there.....dont like that garden with all the unsavoury characters hanging around it last time.

Think there was a drowning case a few yrs back at the pond! If not wrong a mentally challenged boy fall into the drain that leads to the pond and drowned!

There ae two underpass ah?! Wonder what will happen to them when woodlands town centre demolish? Heard the woodlands town garden across the road is haunted de!

There ae two underpass ah?! Wonder what will happen to them when woodlands town centre demolish? Heard the woodlands town garden across the road is haunted de!

2 but separate locations! The wdland central underpass and the tower is iconic like the tpy garden tower....

it was haunted.... by trans and queers

dont know bro....i dont live in Marsiling but people say its eerie at night and marsiling has a lot of drug problems in the 80s so had TPY, Amk and Bedok....hahaha....but of course not as bad as Marsiling.

I lived in AMK from 79 and ya Emporium was famous back then and the other AMK Plaza (not sure if its related to Emporium) was the other. There was also a stationery shop Sembawang Bookstore that sold sports good and we used to buy our soccer boots there.

Haven't heard the name Emporium for a very long time haha. Those were the good old days when we went to New Town and New Crown cinemas to catch the latest movies. There was even a Denny's restaurant at the cinema building which later become one of the first Seoul Garden outlets around.

• Praise 1

Haven't heard the name Emporium for a very long time haha. Those were the good old days when we went to New Town and New Crown cinemas to catch the latest movies. There was even a Denny's restaurant at the cinema building which later become one of the first Seoul Garden outlets around.

Beside Emporium there was a cinema that showed the longest showing movie poster....hahaha! It didnt changed the poster for a few yrs...
  • Praise 1

Beside Emporium there was a cinema that showed the longest showing movie poster....hahaha! It didnt changed the poster for a few yrs...ððð. In front of the Emporium was the AMK bus Interchange....the bus interchange stretched for the length of the street until it moved to the site opposite the AMK mrt station. Broadway next to kfc.......hahaha

There was a video game arcade at the emporium groundfloor next to ntuc......no school uniform allowed in...ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£

Now all the three stand alone cinema buildings become small shopping malls. Cinema consolidate in Cathay AMK hub.

The fountain feature outside the Emporium had gone. The bowling alley in Big Mac Center has gone.

Really missed the old bus interchange.

Now all the three stand alone cinema buildings become small shopping malls. Cinema consolidate in Cathay AMK hub.

The fountain feature outside the Emporium had gone. The bowling alley in Big Mac Center has gone.

Really missed the old bus interchange.

wah....i forgot about that fountain.....haiz....getting old....

Looking at these pictures alone makes me weep... :TT_TT:

Ok, a bit exaggerated. [laugh]

no mrt station yet....the staircase ton hill to the Garden still there......haiz....very nostalgic pictures....simple days for simple generations.... Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1