The Last Of Woodlands Centre , A short film tribute.

carloverguy2017

oriental.......i confused it with Emporium! I stayed in blk 578 AMK in front of the 527 ave 10 market not to be confused with blk 400 + ave 10 market.

My grandparents lived nearby too - Blk 582. The few HDB blocks there had been demolished for BTO many years ago.

I remember there's a market and Jing Shan Primary School nearby.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My grandparents lived nearby too - Blk 582. The few HDB blocks there had been demolished for BTO many years ago.

I remember there's a market and Jing Shan Primary School nearby.

yup....thats the market! Blk 582....my neighbourhood! There was a rental flat beside it with a basketball court in front. Now those cluster of blocks no more liao.....taken over by bto units. That market is quite deserted day or night, used to be bustling.

no mrt station yet....the staircase ton hill to the Garden still there......haiz....very nostalgic pictures....simple days for simple generations....

Life is happier when there is no MRT. :D

no lah.....when they just introduced mrt it was good or the best we ever had! That was last time lar......cant compare now...

Is it haunted at night?

I seen it before when I drove past there. Looks very deserted.

But I believe should be a popular hangout in the 1980s.  :mellow:

Emporium is epic. There was actually two in Ang Mo Kio Central when it was at its peak. Last one opened was in Tiong Bahru Plaza. Now no more.  [bigcry] It was so 80s.

Anyway, when is the whole area closing?

Closed already. Everyone has moved out. Now left the carpark only, the buildings waiting to be demolished.

Closed already. Everyone has moved out. Now left the carpark only, the buildings waiting to be demolished.

The big carpark infront of the hawker centre still have many vehicles parked there, even though the whole place already empty?!

The big carpark infront of the hawker centre still have many vehicles parked there, even though the whole place already empty?!

I went to take a look yesterday. Is mostly commercial vehicles. I suspect is people park there then take bus/train go into JB, since cannot drive commercial vehicle into Malaysia.

Wrong

It was relocated to the new food center beside the swimming complex between woodland and marsiling MRT

Haha...I dun stay there neither do I take train. But happen to passby the location often.

• Praise 1

I went to take a look yesterday. Is mostly commercial vehicles. I suspect is people park there then take bus/train go into JB, since cannot drive commercial vehicle into Malaysia.

Many commercial vehicles but also many cars there.

As a Woodlander this makes me a bit sad. Always remember going to the McDonald's as a kid (last time quite big, got playground). And where the Shing Shiong was, there used to be A&W's (and then after that Arnold's). The KFC has been there pretty much forever.

Still remember the Emporium also opposite the KFC. Used to always go there and look at toys.

[smallcry]

Can get old woodlands to sing this:

1945590.jpg

If you're leaving close the door.

I'm not expecting people anymore.

Hear me grieving, I'm lying on the floor.

Whether I'm drunk or dead I really ain't too sure.

• Praise 3

It's being taken back for expansion of Woodlands Checkpoint. Not for another shopping centre.

Quite sad for me to see this.......used to hangout a lot at this place when I was in my teens. I probably queue before to use one of those phones in the video.

Use to be a really thriving center. The KFC there when first opened, was really crowded. The food center there was one of the biggest and the best and the Oriental Emporium is always flocked with people. The bus interchange here will bring both the local and Msian crowds.

I think the growing gap between SGD and RM kills this place. Malaysians come to this place in hordes back in the 80s. Then of course Woodlands started to have other Malls and this place started to lose even the local crowds.

I hope they would redevelop it into something better, but it is going to be hard to pull back crowds to this location.

• Praise 1

Can get old woodlands to sing this:

1945590.jpg

If you're leaving close the door.

I'm not expecting people anymore.

Hear me grieving, I'm lying on the floor.

Whether I'm drunk or dead I really ain't too sure.

mat rockers anthem......wooohooohoohoo....aaaahaaaahaaahh.....
  • Praise 2

It's being taken back for expansion of Woodlands Checkpoint. Not for another shopping centre.

If the current town centre will become the expansion of the checkpoint, so it means the current road round the town centre also will get affected or even closed?

I like mat rocker songs

All very nice

there was once we walked from school to serangoon gardens interchange after soccer training, one of my friend started strumming the guitar to this song....whole group of us Malays, Indian and Chinese (nearly the whole team) sang along and Ooohooohooooh......aaaahaaahaaah together, everybody can sing the chorus as there was no lyrics to it.The neighbourhood uncles and aunties came out to see what happened....
  • Praise 1

I believe the current roads there will be affected.

Depends on how LTA works with ICA on the expansion. They should have the plans worked out already before announcing it on MSM.

If the current town centre will become the expansion of the checkpoint, so it means the current road round the town centre also will get affected or even closed?

↡ Advertisement