Mercedes Benz designs, Avantgarde vs Elegance

DACH

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which grille design you prefer?

• Avantgarde
    • Elegance

i prefer Elegance as it is the classic Merc look, and the big logo in front for the Avantgarde looks too imposing... maybe i am old uncle at heart haha... 

• Praise 2

In my recent trip to Germany, I noticed there are more BMW and Audi on the streets compare to Merz, even in Stuttgart (home of Merz)... so i asked my local collegue who is about 50+yo and driving a 5 series. His response was, ppl young like me prefer BMW and Audi.... merz are for the old ppl,,, that's why you see they drive very slowly on the road!  [laugh]

• Praise 2

In my recent trip to Germany, I noticed there are more BMW and Audi on the streets compare to Merz, even in Stuttgart (home of Merz)... so i asked my local collegue who is about 50+yo and driving a 5 series. His response was, ppl young like me prefer BMW and Audi.... merz are for the old ppl,,, that's why you see they drive very slowly on the road!  [laugh]

F1 safety car driver, Bernd Maylander, drives Mercedes

AMG E55

BMW & Audi usually better Handling & more stable at High Speed,esp in Germany,hit the no speed limit sections of the Autobahn,most driver will speed until the Limiter cut in...Mercedes Benz,is more comfort.

:grin:

12-mercedes-benz-vehicles-mercedes-amg-p

MERCEDESBENZCLKGTR-2024_3.jpg

Paris_-_Retromobile_2012_-_Sauber_Merced

For the past thread, we have been talking about the grille designs of the Avantgarde and Elegance.

Now we shall look at the old vs new tri star steering wheel designs.

For the Mercedes Benz cars of the 70s and 80s, the tri star on the steering wheel is embedded with a layer of glass and the darken black background makes the tri star logo looks very classy on the steering wheel.

W123 Mercedes Benz 250

3494738588_b4965baf31_b.jpg

First gen G wagen

post-180434-0-80398400-1516029111_thumb.jpg

However the newer steering wheel design is like most of the car manufacturers, the metal logo embedded on the plastic or leather surface.

W213 Mercedes Benz E class

post-180434-0-24021900-1516029033_thumb.jpg

New G class

post-180434-0-92720800-1516029112_thumb.jpg

Thus I think the new steering wheels should use the old tri star design to make them look more classy with the glass surface.

post-180434-0-23090600-1516028630_thumb.jpg

Don't you think this is better? Or the current designs are good enough?  [gossip]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

For the past thread, we have been talking about the grille designs of the Avantgarde and Elegance.

Now we shall look at the old vs new tri star steering wheel designs.

For the Mercedes Benz cars of the 70s and 80s, the tri star on the steering wheel is embedded with a layer of glass and the darken black background makes the tri star logo looks very classy on the steering wheel.

W123 Mercedes Benz 250

3494738588_b4965baf31_b.jpg

First gen G wagen

auto-show-photos (1).jpg

However the newer steering wheel design is like most of the car manufacturers, the metal logo embedded on the plastic or leather surface.

W213 Mercedes Benz E class

2016-Mercedes-E-Class-W213-dashboard-at-the-Geneva-Motor-Show-Live.jpg

New G class

auto-show-photos.jpg

Thus I think the new steering wheels should use the old tri star design to make them look more classy with the glass surface.

Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg

Don't you think this is better? Or the current designs are good enough? [gossip]

I suspect the change could be due to the reason of having an air bag behind the emblem

ninja.jpg

F1 safety car driver, Bernd Maylander, drives Mercedes

AMG E55

Free car u don't want meh?

I saw many Merc when in Germany. I also rode in a Merc.

Taxi.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Mercedes should standardise the front bumper so that the AMG grills can be swop with the standard grill easily. This way, owners can interchange the look easily.

Mercedes should standardise the front bumper so that the AMG grills can be swop with the standard grill easily. This way, owners can interchange the look easily.

Hahhah why? The idea is to make those who want to act like an AMG pay more. I would charge even more if I’m Mercedes

Neutral Newbie

Hahhah why? The idea is to make those who want to act like an AMG pay more. I would charge even more if I’m Mercedes

Sure. Not to make it cheap, but easier. 

Truth is, I doubt Mercedes themselves make the money from these after market conversion.