Movies to look out for in 2018

DACH

Watched A Quiet Place just now, beginning half a bit suppress cos they cannot make noise (so quiet I also cannot munch my tibits loud [laugh]).

Remind me of War of the worlds, but this one only focus on how one family trying to survive, less than 10 human in the movie.

Is the show worth seeing?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

"A Quiet Place is a 2018 American horror film directed by John Krasinski, who also stars alongside Emily Blunt, his real-life spouse. The screenplay was written by Krasinski, Bryan Woods, and Scott Beck, based on a story by Woods and Beck."  (copy fr wiki)

after watching the movie then i realise the director is also the actor and screenplay, aka 自编,自导,自演, even ask the wife to be the actress in the movie, only 2 other adult (one appear as dead people and the other appear for like 10 seconds) and 3 young actors acted in the movie, really a budget movie. I some how enjoy it but how to justify the 'worth' is up to individual, definitely not those high profile, mega budget and mega stars type of movie.

Edited by Jman888

"A Quiet Place is a 2018 American horror film directed by John Krasinski, who also stars alongside Emily Blunt, his real-life spouse. The screenplay was written by Krasinski, Bryan Woods, and Scott Beck, based on a story by Woods and Beck."  (copy fr wiki)

after watching the movie then i realise the director is also the actor and screenplay, aka 自编,自导,自演, even ask the wife to be the actress in the movie, only 2 other adult (one appear as dead people and the other appear for like 10 seconds) and 3 young actors acted in the movie, really a budget movie. I some how enjoy it but how to justify the 'worth' is up to individual, definitely not those high profile, mega budget and mega stars type of movie.

Must watch if it stars Emily Blunt.

Must watch if it stars Emily Blunt.

That's what I thought after Edge of Tomorrow and Sicario.

Then I bought a ticket for The Girl On The Train ...  [knife]

Turbocharged

not sure how helpful....but i tink this is the first movie which gets 100% at rotten tomatoes.

• Praise 1

got any movies with orginal story and plot or not??

so far every thing is either remake, or sequence that focus on CGI and fans of comic only.

haiz...

• Praise 1

(edited)

got any movies with orginal story and plot or not??

so far every thing is either remake, or sequence that focus on CGI and fans of comic only.

haiz...

Ready Player One is quite different to me, surprised by the screenplay and story line.

not sure how helpful....but i tink this is the first movie which gets 100% at rotten tomatoes.

dun quite understand the rotten tomatoes rating mean, 100% rotten mean bad or good?   [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Jman888
  • Praise 1

(edited)

dun quite understand the rotten tomatoes rating mean, 100% rotten mean bad or good?   [laugh]  [laugh]

scale is from 0 to 100%, top marks is 100%. 

but buay zhun one lah, some movies I liked were only 40+% nia, and some 80+% ones I felt were  [sleeping]

for eg, Mad Max Fury Road opened at 100% and stayed at 100% for a long time. I personally felt it was just above average only. i felt Suicide Squad was entertaining but the RT score was 27% nia.

so still depends on one's own preferences. i compare the tomato score with audience score to get a balance.

Edited by Blueray

(edited)

For audience score, IMDB usually gets more participation, i.e. more number of votes than rotten tomatoes. But like anything on Internet, they can also be a lot of paid reviews and paid votes.

scale is from 0 to 100%, top marks is 100%. 

but buay zhun one lah, some movies I liked were only 40+% nia, and some 80+% ones I felt were  [sleeping]

for eg, Mad Max Fury Road opened at 100% and stayed at 100% for a long time. I personally felt it was just above average only. i felt Suicide Squad was entertaining but the RT score was 27% nia.

so still depends on one's own preferences. i compare the tomato score with audience score to get a balance.

you all so expert, i only look at the rating from GV or 8 Days   [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Jman888

(edited)

you all so expert, i only look at the rating from GV or 8 Days   [laugh]  [laugh]

eh, GV one all minimum 4 popcorn. you believe ?

actually I find our John Lui not bad, but a bit generous with the score. So if he gives 4 starts means my 3 stars.  [:p]

Edited by Blueray

For audience score, IMDB usually gets more participation, i.e. more number of votes than rotten tomatoes. But like anything on Internet, they can also be a lot of paid reviews and paid votes.

Sometimes I refer to Metacritic too.

IMDB is very US-centric so Abenjers, Star Wars etc all get scores much higher than what they deserve. Probably a lot of fan boys at work.  [:p]

Whereas a solid Brit movie like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy received only 7.1 on IMDB.

• Praise 2

Actually I like GV's rating because it comes from movie viewers like ourselves and simply whether enjoyable or not. Movie critics good must say no good and no good must say good because they must prove their professionally uncommon tastes.

Supersonic

Actually I like GV's rating because it comes from movie viewers like ourselves and simply whether enjoyable or not. Movie critics good must say no good and no good must say good because they must prove their professionally uncommon tastes.

GV ratings I personally find them inaccurate.

It's like 4 popcorns for most movies. 

GV ratings I personally find them inaccurate.

It's like 4 popcorns for most movies. 

Haha, I ended up seeing a few Indian movies because they got 5 popcorns.

I look at the popcorn ratings for a few movies, some are only voted by 2-3 viewers.

Yes, I will read these reviews to filter out especially the fanboy types.