Movies to look out for in 2018

DACH

I think Hugh Jackman become wolverine was by accident, he is really good in musical [laugh]

He's an Aussie. Almost all Aussie actors have theatre background.

↡ Advertisement

I think Hugh Jackman become wolverine was by accident, he is really good in musical [laugh]

Definitely by accident...he filled in the role when some other actor dropped out...best accident ever.
  • Praise 1

Definitely by accident...he filled in the role when some other actor dropped out...best accident ever.

An accident that made him famous worldwide.  [sunny]

Watched this movie that had won 4 Golden Globes awards, enjoyed the slow pace and thoughts triggering movie.

threebillboards.jpg

Yes, very good movie and well structured. Solid performances by the 3 lead actors.

No closure at the end but still the manner it concluded was satisfying.

• Praise 1

Well made feel good movie that is a love story, political drama, musical, fantasy, social commentary all rolled into one.

Uplifting tale of right and wrong, good over evil, relationships, prejudices and touches on sexual harassment in the office too.

Top notch performances by the 2 ladies and the 2 Michaels.

A celebration of good old fashion story telling, almost like the recurring black & white musical on the TV.

Two great movies so far this year, The Shape of Water and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.  [thumbsup]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFYWazblaUA

• Praise 3

Well made feel good movie that is a love story, political drama, musical, fantasy, social commentary all rolled into one.

Uplifting tale of right and wrong, good over evil, relationships, prejudices and touches on sexual harassment in the office too.

Top notch performances by the 2 ladies and the 2 Michaels.

A celebration of good old fashion story telling, almost like the recurring black & white musical on the TV.

Two great movies so far this year, The Shape of Water and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.  [thumbsup]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFYWazblaUA

I saw the show and the creature reminds me of the aquatic creature from Hellboy. The creature looks strangely similar.

I saw the show and the creature reminds me of the aquatic creature from Hellboy. The creature looks strangely similar.

Cos same director lor.  [laugh]

this guy can just continue to do a MI film once every 2 years until he retires  [laugh]  maybe can beat James Bond franchise... 

Mission Impossible peaked at MI:3, the one with Philip Seymour Hoffman as the baddie.

The 2 that followed MI:3 were just rehash story lines. Quite disappointing. Nice stunts but weak story line.

Would like to see Tom Cruise continue Jack Reacher actually.

• Praise 1

Mission Impossible peaked at MI:3, the one with Philip Seymour Hoffman as the baddie.

The 2 that followed MI:3 were just rehash story lines. Quite disappointing. Nice stunts but weak story line.

agreed. they tried to keep with the successful formula but having the same thing over and over again will bore the people. i liked MI3 too... 

i think there will likely be a Jack Reacher 3... 

Edited by kdash

agreed. they tried to keep with the successful formula but having the same thing over and over again will bore the people. i liked MI3 too... 

i think there will likely be a Jack Reacher 3... 

Think it will have to be after Top Gun 2 at the earliest.

I did like the 2 Jack Reacher movies. Faithful to novel or not I dunno, but movies were entertaining.

I think the last MI was pretty good too.
  • Praise 1

The MI movies are getting rather stale. You'd think by now it would be Mission Improbable considering the number of times they do the impossible. 

Tom Cruise was really good in the Jack Reacher films, and he should definitely do more of such movies. And not that crappy The Mummy reboot. By god that one was horrible...

Zhun boh. Jack Reacher 2 was very weak.

I thought the recent MI were better than 2 and 3

Coming as a fan of Jack Reacher. 1 was good. 2nd one was really lousy. Totally doesn't capture the essence of Jack Reacher.

They made him fuzzy wuzzy lol. Jack Reacher is an avenger or vigilante.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Zhun boh. Jack Reacher 2 was very weak.

I thought the recent MI were better than 2 and 3

Coming as a fan of Jack Reacher. 1 was good. 2nd one was really lousy. Totally doesn't capture the essence of Jack Reacher.

They made him fuzzy wuzzy lol. Jack Reacher is an avenger or vigilante.

Like I said, I have not read the Jack Reacher books so my POV is based solely on the movies.

Jack Reacher 2 was a bit similar to Jack Reacher 1 in structure, but I like the part where they expanded the story to include a romance angle and potential daughter, so not the usual cut and paste. But overall, yes, Jack Reacher 2 was a bit weaker than Jack Reacher 1, but I did enjoy Cruise's performance in the 2 movies and the story build up.

Too many times, studios just want to make money so stick to tried and tested patterns, eg Star Wars, and the end product is nice and glossy and will make tons of money but devoid of creativity. So long as people are willing to fork out money for the tickets, that works for the studios.

But with smaller budget movies, they probably are willing to allow the story to develop a bit more as the financial stakes are not that high. So I would like to see a Jack Reacher 3.

The MI movies are getting rather stale. You'd think by now it would be Mission Improbable considering the number of times they do the impossible. 

Tom Cruise was really good in the Jack Reacher films, and he should definitely do more of such movies. And not that crappy The Mummy reboot. By god that one was horrible...

The Mummy was suppose to be this Dark Universe thingy kick off, doubt will see anymore Dark Universe stories, The Mummy was really bad.

Actually makes the Brendan Fraser one look good.  [:p]

• Praise 1

Like I said, I have not read the Jack Reacher books so my POV is based solely on the movies.

Jack Reacher 2 was a bit similar to Jack Reacher 1 in structure, but I like the part where they expanded the story to include a romance angle and potential daughter, so not the usual cut and paste. But overall, yes, Jack Reacher 2 was a bit weaker than Jack Reacher 1, but I did enjoy Cruise's performance in the 2 movies and the story build up.

Too many times, studios just want to make money so stick to tried and tested patterns, eg Star Wars, and the end product is nice and glossy and will make tons of money but devoid of creativity. So long as people are willing to fork out money for the tickets, that works for the studios.

But with smaller budget movies, they probably are willing to allow the story to develop a bit more as the financial stakes are not that high. So I would like to see a Jack Reacher 3.

The Mummy was suppose to be this Dark Universe thingy kick off, doubt will see anymore Dark Universe stories, The Mummy was really bad.

Actually makes the Brendan Fraser one look good.  [:p]

I'm still intrigued by the Dark Universe concept nonetheless. Who knows they might concoct a couple of good films from there. They should still drop the whole super-powered Tom Cruise bs though.  [:|]

The Brendan Fraser's one was good regardless bro! Too bad the poor guy's a wreck right now because of his ex-wife.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1