Beautiful Wall Murals Of Penang Malaysia

carloverguy2017

Penang Heritage City - a fitting title bestowed to this fair island. It is now part of UNESCO's World Heritage Cities Program.

I know that most of us associate Penang with the beaches, the iconic Penang Bridge and its glorious food.

However, the capital city, George Town, has the most number of pre-war buildings in all of South East Asia which are still intact. That is why, the island is known as Penang Heritage City.

The place is so rich with history. Since Francis Light drew out the plan of the city, it had born witness to the rise and fall of governments and ruling parties.

The city was coveted by many as a strategic and natural port. It was also the guardian to the northern entrance of the Straits of Malacca.

Discover the beautiful Wall Murals Of Penang Malaysia, film along the Armenian Street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfPtqIs1_Uc

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Penang Heritage City - a fitting title bestowed to this fair island. It is now part of UNESCO's World Heritage Cities Program.

I know that most of us associate Penang with the beaches, the iconic Penang Bridge and its glorious food.

However, the capital city, George Town, has the most number of pre-war buildings in all of South East Asia which are still intact. That is why, the island is known as Penang Heritage City.

The place is so rich with history. Since Francis Light drew out the plan of the city, it had born witness to the rise and fall of governments and ruling parties.

The city was coveted by many as a strategic and natural port. It was also the guardian to the northern entrance of the Straits of Malacca.

Discover the beautiful Wall Murals Of Penang Malaysia, film along the Armenian Street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfPtqIs1_Uc

I remember going to Georgetown, taking a map and trying to locate every murals out there.

There is an old vintage charm in Penang that is simply hard to describe. You just cannot find another place that standing next to a dirty drain eating a bowl of chendol would actually taste good......magic that only Penang can offer.

Whenever I wanted a short trip to have a  rest, Penang is the place.

(edited)

Here is my special collection of very rare wall murals paintings !

Probably taken more than 5 years ago.

Unfortunately these paintings were only captured on still photograph.

An interesting incident though...

I venture through an unexpected restricted ground beside First Avenue Mall which was cordoned off by metal fences.

It was a lazy afternoon with my camera and I sneaked into that location which was sited for heritage reconstruction.

Little did I knew it was forbidden from public access.

So I went on to took a handsome collection of all the wall murals painted on the walls of these old building. It looks like shop houses, but little could be determined if they were shophouses or residential though, as they were just very old run-down walls, mostly with no roofs.

Today, this place is sealed air tight, for its reconstruction phase and I cannot find a hole big enough to sneak in anymore.

But here are the rarest photo most people won't get to see them anymore, perhaps maybe possible only if the reconstruction had managed to preserve these wall murals.

Enjoy !

All the scenes you see in this video are real, only that I had done some post light room editing to arty-farty them.

https://youtu.be/Lxwp7EA0GDk

Edited by carloverguy2017

And finally the final film from Presgrave Road to Magazine Road that is smacked right in the heart land of the famous First Avenue Mall , near the Komtar building, the tallest in Penang. 

The contrasting old buildings along these roads makes an interesting culture shock as you head down one corner with your hands full of modern creature fashion and gadget and meet the traditional and historical sight !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzFLrgjAkEo&t=6s

↡ Advertisement