Electric car sharing scheme to hit the roads 12-12-2017

zipping

just saw a BlueSG electric car breakdown in the middle of the road along Jurong Town Hall... ð·ð·

somebody push it into the drain? [laugh]
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

how it work? if i decide to drive from say Sengkang to Tampines, but Tampines 2 lots are occupied by the other 2 electric cars, how am I supposed to clock "car returned"?

I think they have people running around the island for such logistics arrangement. Since they have your booking records that you are going to return the car in Tampines and the lots were occupied, someone will give there to move the car to another location. I understand smove is operating in this way.

how it work? if i decide to drive from say Sengkang to Tampines, but Tampines 2 lots are occupied by the other 2 electric cars, how am I supposed to clock "car returned"?

You need to pre-book ('reserve') your return slot first.

Twincharged

I guess its a good thing. If it gets more popular, more and more charging stations will be built and maybe one day can just rent the charging station only. So can buy your own electric car and rent their charging station.

They should make charging station like petrol station. Want to charge, just go in, plug in and pay. Finish then go.

Problem is charging time.......

if thats the case then they have to sell the convenience... something like the bike sharing currently...

If like ofo bike will be great. Now ofo has been free for riders for a few months liao.

If like ofo bike will be great. Now ofo has been free for riders for a few months liao.

who is funding ofo during these few months? adverts?

I think they have people running around the island for such logistics arrangement. Since they have your booking records that you are going to return the car in Tampines and the lots were occupied, someone will give there to move the car to another location. I understand smove is operating in this way.

Like that it will be logistic nightmare. Alot of co-ordination needed.

Electric car-sharing scheme launches with 2,000 members

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/electric-car-sharing-scheme-launches-2000-members

Users will be charged according to how long they use a car, instead of the distance travelled. They may choose between two subscription plans — a “premium” yearly membership plan priced at S$15 a month, or a weekly membership plan with no recurring fees. It takes about eight hours for the car’s flat battery to be fully charged. Drivers will be alerted when the battery level reaches 30 per cent.

before they start putting more stations, I dun think usage will be high. Moreover charging monthly membership fee also a deal breaker.

Saw a couple of cars near my office. I will say it is a tough sell, as the cars are too small... It's basically a 2 door compact car, u can squeeze 2 more in the back but that's pushing it. The normal rental companies at least provide an old Altis which is a gd workhorse and can serve multiple purposes.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2