• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
54 replies to this topic | 110 praises

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:04 AM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Thought of sharing these. Tried it before, quite good.

During the school holidays, these are some way to keep our children mentally fit:-

a) solve puzzles (word/jigsaw) and conduct simple experiments

b) have fun with art and craft

c) engage in outdoor and physical activities

d) have good quality sleep (try to sleep by 1030 pm)

e) connect with what they like to eat (healhier kind of food such as greens)

anyone else can share on this please? 

cheers

Sturtles, Lala81, Ender, Tianmo, Solar and Ichibawa praised this
Cheers,
Lmws214

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:14 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

During the school holidays, these are some way to keep our children mentally fit:-

cheers

1030 is too late for preschoolers. unless they napped some significant time during the day.

our daily target is about 10 hrs a day minimum. if they can sleep longer, i would be happy

A, B, C, E should be daily activity if possible

Edited by Lala81, 06 December 2017 - 10:14 AM.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:30 AM

nazerath
  • nazerath
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

1030 is too late for preschoolers. unless they napped some significant time during the day.

our daily target is about 10 hrs a day minimum. if they can sleep longer, i would be happy

A, B, C, E should be daily activity if possible

Taking down notes.... Doctor advise must listen.
Tianmo and Jamesc praised this

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:35 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Taking down notes.... Doctor advise must listen.

Infants should be targeting 14 hrs a day

<2, at least 12 hrs

up to primary school, at least 10-12 hrs

primary school i would aim for 9-10

8 minimum for sec school and JC (but this part is where the kids never follow the lao peh's instructions liao  [laugh])

Parents coming home late after work, by the time u do a proper bedtime routine, it's already 930-10pm for a lot of parents

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:41 AM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Less TV and mobile. More books and crafts. Spend quality time together. Sleep well.

Actually... this should be an everyday affair.

Hoping the new year is less stressful.
Lala81 praised this

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:45 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Less TV and mobile. More books and crafts. Spend quality time together. Sleep well.

Actually... this should be an everyday affair.

Hoping the new year is less stressful.

Crafts is the one that really requires effort.

Only my wife has the patience to do it, i have no inclination. I only try to revise with my girl the yamaha class lesson stuff twice a week.

ins1dious praised this

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:47 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

cheers

You don't seem to share any of your personal experience. You just post tons of facts and dan share....nothing.

Yeah, sure. Cheers.

Edited by Watwheels, 06 December 2017 - 10:47 AM.

Jamesc praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:54 AM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Buy schools exam papers and let them do.
"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:02 AM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

You don't seem to share any of your personal experience. You just post tons of facts and dan share....nothing.

Yeah, sure. Cheers.

I kick start the thread for all to buzz and share. Hope it is ok w u Sir
Cheers,
Lmws214

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:06 AM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

if they are in secondary school already , and u saw their face in the gong cha Q .

- their allowance and make sure they work part time every holiday

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:10 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I kick start the thread for all to buzz and share. Hope it is ok w u Sir

So tell us how do you make your children eat the greens that you want them to eat?

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:12 AM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Yeah, sure. Cheers.

Is aid I tried some before. Seems that you are against me. Sorry that I stated this thread but u seem not to very like what I started Sir. Sharing my opinion

So tell us how do you make your children eat the greens that you want them to eat?

One bowl of greens then they get to drink their favourite soup. I have four kids. To share. Tried n tested.
Cheers,
Lmws214

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Is aid I tried some before. Seems that you are against me. Sorry that I stated this thread but u seem not to very like what I started Sir. Sharing my opinion
One bowl of greens then they get to drink their favourite soup. I have four kids. To share. Tried n tested.

Why am I against you?? I dunno who you are, do I?

I just point out what's obvious. You did say "share" and obviously "share" includes you.

Dan you have it easy. You have four kids and non of them resisted. How great is that? Coz no matter how I tried I can never get my kids to eat greens even tempting them with their fav soft drinks. I have Googled for solutions but they still wouldn't eat greens. I'm sure many parents share the same difficulty.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:26 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Why am I against you?? I dunno who you are, do I?

I just point out what's obvious. You did say "share" and obviously "share" includes you.

Dan you have it easy. You have four kids and non of them resisted. How great is that? Coz no matter how I tried I can never get my kids to eat greens even tempting them with their fav soft drinks. I have Googled for solutions but they still wouldn't eat greens. I'm sure many parents share the same difficulty.

Really depends on how much resolve u have to get things done.

my kids don't get to leave the table if they don't finish their vegetables (usually broccoli or carrots) or meat.

My girl is a picky eater and ultra stubborn, so often she eats the carbs finish and leave the ingredients until later.

I've let her finish her lunch at 8pm at night (after she fell asleep in between). Really how u want to do things.

My son not much issue.

Eating outside, finish the undesirables first before u can eat french fries etc.

Edited by Lala81, 06 December 2017 - 11:27 AM.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:27 AM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

It is al about battle of the mind and will power. Have to be persistent. Don’t give in. Conditioning of their minds. They will eat the greens. Sharing.
Cheers,
Lmws214

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:28 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

lunch is often a 1-2 hr affair for my girl. sometimes 3 hrs +

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:28 AM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

PS4 Little big planet....  

No problem guys... 

Respect is earned.. does not come with your god damn title..

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:29 AM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I believe that on should b kind w words. Sharing.
Cheers,
Lmws214

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:31 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

PS4 Little big planet....  

No problem guys... 

lol supposed to get them outdoors and enjoying the holiday, not playing PS haha 

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:35 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It is al about battle of the mind and will power. Have to be persistent. Don’t give in. Conditioning of their minds. They will eat the greens. Sharing.

Easier said dan done especially when your kids don't resist against you.

Really depends on how much resolve u have to get things done.

my kids don't get to leave the table if they don't finish their vegetables (usually broccoli or carrots) or meat.

My girl is a picky eater and ultra stubborn, so often she eats the carbs finish and leave the ingredients until later.

I've let her finish her lunch at 8pm at night (after she fell asleep in between). Really how u want to do things.

My son not much issue.

Eating outside, finish the undesirables first before u can eat french fries etc.

I have seen this in stages. At first yes, as they grew older not so anymore.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: fit, mentally, children, ways and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users