Ways to keep children mentally fit

Lmws214

As long as they eat some fruits, it's fine.

Durians are not exactly healthy either. 

yeah i mean it's the same with veggies. Some kids are just anything also try first then talk later. other kids are refuse anything first then talk later  [:p]

My girl and my boy treats new foods differently. Just their inherent personality.

↡ Advertisement

Yes truth, no TV, no mobile, no iPad and anything related to electronic devices when they still young, all these can easily pickup when the time they need to use it.  We go to the Public Library to borrow books every other week for our grandkids and read to them.  They enjoys reading and drawing.  Talk to them like an adult, they will speak well and acquired better knowledge.

• Praise 1

Cscbb ?

send them to Cscbb for training

two brand new NLBs to check out are

Tampines Hub and Bedok central

I got 4 girls and have had to handle them all differently ð

For oldest... she needed tough love... no food outside of normal eating hours and must finish what was put on the plate. No waking us up at midnight even if hungry and crying. She came around.

Second had recurring constipation problem... she loved to eat white rice and nothing else. No fibre and very little water. After 2nd time, sat her down and explained what the sphincter does... demonstrated with a small rubber band... stretched again and again until it snapped.... told her if she keeps weakening it like this... soon she'll have to wear adult diaper all the time... (I didn't even know if what I was saying was true ð... was just bulls**tting) But that 5 year old believed me.. so ð¤·ð½ââï¸

3rd girl very sensitive... that one had to be calm... mollycoddle a bit... but now she's 7 and eats more than any of her sisters... loves spicy food... that's become a problem so much so that today... when I dropped them off at my folks place... she refused to eat mum's fried noodle cos it wasn't spicy enough ð¤¦ð½ââï¸

4th girl easy going. Nothing fazes her. She laughs for everything. Whether you scold her or punish her. She might be contrite... but all she needs to do is meet my eyes and she'll start smiling. But she's a troublesome bear... she loves chocolate and honey... hates spicy food. Have been forcing bit by bit... point out how her twin loves spicy food. Making it a competition between those two... seems to be working.

5 women in the house? Gonna be hell when their periods sync. [laugh]

to make them mentally strong, i will make sure they fails and fails.... and help them stand up again... until they can stand on their own...

I got 4 girls and have had to handle them all differently ð

For oldest... she needed tough love... no food outside of normal eating hours and must finish what was put on the plate. No waking us up at midnight even if hungry and crying. She came around.

Second had recurring constipation problem... she loved to eat white rice and nothing else. No fibre and very little water. After 2nd time, sat her down and explained what the sphincter does... demonstrated with a small rubber band... stretched again and again until it snapped.... told her if she keeps weakening it like this... soon she'll have to wear adult diaper all the time... (I didn't even know if what I was saying was true ð... was just bulls**tting) But that 5 year old believed me.. so ð¤·ð½ââï¸

3rd girl very sensitive... that one had to be calm... mollycoddle a bit... but now she's 7 and eats more than any of her sisters... loves spicy food... that's become a problem so much so that today... when I dropped them off at my folks place... she refused to eat mum's fried noodle cos it wasn't spicy enough ð¤¦ð½ââï¸

4th girl easy going. Nothing fazes her. She laughs for everything. Whether you scold her or punish her. She might be contrite... but all she needs to do is meet my eyes and she'll start smiling. But she's a troublesome bear... she loves chocolate and honey... hates spicy food. Have been forcing bit by bit... point out how her twin loves spicy food. Making it a competition between those two... seems to be working.

my son doesn't like to drink plain water to hydrate but can poop twice or thrice a day.

My dg drinks lots of water but sometimes constipated. Both eat the same amount of veggies and fruits lol...

can ry this. I got my own kids to do the "Journaling by Hand"

Remember what it felt like to sit and read for three hours without distraction, and feel that deep and satisfying feeling of being entirely absorbed by a book? It’s important to practice this scenario on a daily basis in order to preserve your concentration abilities. In addition, hand-writing itself has been shown to help sharpen our minds. Since hand-writing involves making strokes to create letters, rather than just touching an identical key, it activates certain regions of our brains that are involved in memory and language.

I also tried this too : - To Sit down with my kids to watch a film, choose one that explains an important life lesson. Use this time to have a conversation and allow children to understand what they have been watching and how they can connect this with their own life. It’s possible to make movie-watching fun and educational at the same time! So far I find that there are about five movies that is useful;- finding memo (2003), Moana (2016), Charlotte webb (2006), Brave (2012), Frozen (2013).

my son doesn't like to drink plain water to hydrate but can poop twice or thrice a day.

My dg drinks lots of water but sometimes constipated. Both eat the same amount of veggies and fruits lol...

Different person, different body structure.

ðð¼ agreed. My kids love to go to the public library. NLB does a fantastic job in creating spaces where kids can discover and read.

Near my home is the new library at Tampines Hub. Really well done.

great advice, been hearing it very often. wife pestering me too haha... will try to start a regular NLB routine for my kids...

I think the best method to build mental fortitude is commit them to a cca, be it a sports team, music or dance troupe. When they commit, they will get serious and will participate in tournaments or performances. It's those big events that will induce the positive stress and pressure and from there, they will figure how to cope with situations and still focus on their objective.

I myself was in sports group last time, but I hold the same amt of respect for all the non-sports groups. As what everyone likes to say, 'the real enemy is ourselves.'

↡ Advertisement